Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blizzard of Ahhs - iconic ski line but

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
who actually tries to land it ?

Having watched it enough times it actually appears that Scott Schmidt doesn't actually try to land it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was actually lunatic enough to even consider it a line but does he actually try to land it or is he essentially happy to have just avoided all the potential snag points.

Knobby the mohican, on the other hand, in my view, actually tries to land it. OK, it's a lot easier to follow someone else's line but still. Does Scott Schmidt actually even attempt to land it ? I don't think he does.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nothing gets past u Nickski Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are we talking the Poubelle or the Squaw valley line? Guess I'll have to watch it again....... Confused
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nickski,

As I recall the film, they tried to say that Plake goaded Schmidt into doing it and its quite clear that he can't land it once in the air...
whether he ever fancied it, who knows.

Still a classic film...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
get the feeling it's much harder to land airs on skinny skis... not that i've tried it on fat ones either

Yoda, i'm assuming it's the one at the end of the chamonix segment, which is described as "just too nasty"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, the one with the commentary
"Plake spotted this line which even Schmidt thought was a bad idea" and is indeed in the Chamonix segment...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is this available on dvd? I looked at Amazon, but no luck. With the speed of connection here, it could take days to search ebay...
I had a copy on vhs but lost it.
Cheers, Paul
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Watching it on DVD now - I got it in Virgin as a 'Double bill' with 'Groove'.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PaulS, I got my copy from play.com.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got it on dvd through Natives.co.uk a couple of weeks ago.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks, rjs just ordered from Amazon as "Greg Stump's Foursome", as Play would do Blizzard, and was cheaper, but wouldn't ship to France.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT, that last line you quote is from the Squaw Valley bit. I'm thinking of the Chamonix segment from below the walkway, which I don't think they say Plake goaded Schmidt into (?) I'm pretty sure they say Schmidt spotted the line and Greg Stump thought it was 'just too nasty' as Arno, says.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nickski,

You may be right but I remember Plake looking over the walkway to this chute and Schmidt going first and trying to clear the crevasse and landing on his side.

I must watch it again..
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey didn't know DVD version was available - just ordered from Amazon, thanks guys snowHead

(but was tempted to get complete " The Prisoner" and some others at the same time rolling eyes )
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
'Blizzard' is my all time favourite ski movie. When I started skiing in 1990 I got it as a package deal with 2 other Greg Stump films, 'Maltese Flamingo' and 'The Good, The Rad and The Gnarly' for £9.99 when I got a ski brochure (voucher in the brochure). I've never looked back since. (might have to get the dvd now as my VHS copy is all but worn out after 15 years of use.)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy