Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's good apres ski for you?

Poster: A snowHead
Following on from a discussion elsewhere on early season apres, what do you like from an apres ski evening?

I'm easy: a few beers at the bottom, a hot tub (with a few beers) [note to self: install hot tub], a good meal with chums, a few more beers. And if out with the lads, some nice lycra clad eye candy doesn't go amiss.

Nothing to do with beers then, eh?

And definitely no requirement for old uncle Otto on his squeeze box doing any oompah nonsense either!

What am I missing out on?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chambre Neuf in Cham pretty much does it ok - beer, band doing the classics: Highway to Hell etc & young swedish lovelies dancing on the tables. Could do with fewer blokes mind.

Most recently my nightlife has generally consisted of a icepack then a limp out to eat & back for an earlyish night Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, Hmm . . .

Early apres just a beer or gluwein at (preferrably) a slopeside location then . . .

after a nap & shower a good meal with plenty of free red wine and if I still have any energy left . . .

. . . a few drinks in a lively bar with lots of cheesy euro-pop Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apres? Dinner then an early night to be up early and ready for the first lift (or before) Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, ditto. And some good rock music playing in the bar.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

And if out with the lads, some nice lycra clad eye candy doesn't go amiss.

ditto ?

really ? wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, so fatbob's fave does it for you too then? C-9 is mighty fine although we ended up somewhere very random last time I was in there...the barman instisted we drink his own unholy shots. They involved Kahlua and that's NEVER a good thing.

boredsurfin, you know you've had a good night out when you don't even need to put your ski boots back on...(cos they still are...)

...most efficient.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can't ski with a hangover so even if I have abit of a thirst on, I'm usually done with all that gassy stuff pretty soon. I treat a few beers as replacing sustinance.... it has to be done... Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Usually have a couple on a mountainside bar, ski down to village, kick off skiboots and throw skis in locker. Then, out to a pre-arranged bar in town to have a few more, till about 7:30-8ish. Back to hotel, quick shower and change, back out for a quick bite to eat, and then drink until we either get thrown out or can't take any more Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
IncogSkiSno, Embarassed Didn't read that bit!!! Some nice male 'eye candy' would be nice though. Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch, only if the Swedish lovelies are male!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, that why you wanted me to accompany you for tea at Castleford the other week? Little Angel wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Charlatanefc, rolling eyes I thought you were Odin.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, Shocked Shocked Did I look like a weirdo? Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Charlatanefc, Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Straight from the piste for a few, then back to hotel in time for dinner, maybe a couple more in hotel or local bar, then bed by midnight.
latest report
Nice hot choccy with baileys, maybe a shandy or two (if small enough), then off home for food, TV, bed and sleep! If forced out then a nice french-length meal with friends and then return to above! Oh - and I must be allowed to smoke after my meal.
ski holidays
easiski, the hot choccy with Bailey's is on my list too.
latest report
Outdoor jacuzzi with a cold beer, preferably snowing.
ski holidays
Depends whether I'm en famille or with the lads!
ski holidays
Depends where but preferred option is in Austria: a cheesy ice-bar straight from slopes with ski-gear still on. A few beers, dancing is a possibility wink , then back to hotel for shower, dinner about 8 ish and maybe a drink or two after in the hotel. Then bed in good time.
snow report
A year or so ago, we tried to revert to our apres ski of pre-children years and went straight to a lively tapas bar in Andorra, straight off the slopes. Great laugh,cold beer, hot food, loud music, dancing in ski boots - great! We left and our not-a-big-drinker friend, fell out the door, declaring she'd "Had a GREAT night!" - we reminded her it was ten to six! Laughing
snow conditions
Anniepen, I love that! Very Happy
latest report
Anniepen,
Quote:

went straight to a lively tapas bar in Andorra, straight off the slopes. Great laugh,cold beer, hot food, loud music, dancing in ski boots - great! We left and our not-a-big-drinker friend, fell out the door, declaring he'd "Had a GREAT night!" - we reminded him it was ten to six!

What was Frosty The Snowman doing on holiday with you? Wink
snow conditions
cathy, So did we! She's never been allowed to forget it! Charlatanefc, Laughing Laughing He was incognito!
ski holidays
Cross-dressing, by the sound of it. Shocked
latest report
For me nice cup of tea or coffee and a bit of cake. Then off for a shower, sleep and then dinner about 8. After that maybe yes maybe a small beer and then off to bed as I am normally falling asleep about 10.
snow report
Vin Chaud (or 3) at the bottom of the cable car, then back for a shower and food then either:

A) A few beers and numerous games of sh*t head if snow is predicted or...

B) Out for food, beer, vodka sorbet, cheesy club, beer.

On no circumstances do I go anywhere near fondue royale
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I do like a swift 'un, (Beer or Vin Chaud) straight after with me boots still on.
After going back to change I have to be careful not to close my eyes before going out again though or I'm done for.
I'm sure Zermatt at christmas will be a quiet relaxing do...
snow report
Jerry,
Quote:

I'm sure Zermatt at christmas will be a quiet relaxing do...

Would you like to stake money on that? Little Angel wink
snow conditions
Charlatanefc, I've already booked the counselling for the new year Wink
snow report
Apres ski, to me, means what happens before I have a shower etc. Although a hot tub counts as apres ski. What is good apres ski is generally related to how my day went. If I had a good day's skiing, then it's liable to be good apres. If I didn't, it's my chance to put it out of my mind.
snow conditions
Nickski,
Quote:

Apres ski, to me, means what happens before I have a shower etc.

Getting out of bed? Hell freezing over? Father Xmas getting stuck in the chimney? Liverpool FC winning the league??? Wink

Know where your coming from bud, altho some nights we have a "Black Crash" which involves not going home at all until we go to bed. I remember (vaguely) one such night in St Anton last year, when we walked to the hotel, still in boots carrying ski's and poles etc at 2:30am. We were on the 9am lift as well Shocked wink
snow report
Something like this...

snow report
Bode Swiller, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

And definitely no requirement for old uncle Otto on his squeeze box doing any oompah nonsense either!

Erm ... eh?!
snow conditions
All sound like fun Cool

Well with kids, apres ski is pretty much having a few beers while cooking their tea, and then getting them to bed.

Then a chilled evening of cooking for the adults, several red wines and a good book. If really lucky can persaude my parents to baby-sit and we'll pop out for a meal Very Happy
snow conditions
Can I say all the above.
What ever the mood takes. Beer till I drop or a few glasses of wine, people watching and then a good meal.
I am a bit like Jerry, though If I sleep early I'm buggered for the rest of the night.
latest report
Boris, That sums up my apres for the past 10 yrs.....................but at the EoSB I had a couple of proper full nights, and really enjoyed a few drinks at the last bar pon the slopes before home. A nice meal out, a nice meal in, and a mad all night thrash just about covered the full apres aspect. I liked the variety Very Happy

Charlatanefc, got my eye on you kidda.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I'm looking forward to a night out like that! Maybe when the kids are a bit older, only 5 and 3 at moment.

Mind you I'm totally shattered past 10 nowadays!!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy