Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slovenia Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of a resort we can go to for one day near Ljubljana? We planning to go middle of March 2007.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
olliew, Never been but checked up on Autoroute and there are several resorts within a reasonable distance. Only one I recognise is Kranjska Gora which is about 60 miles. Mostly seem to be pretty low there so it might not be too good that late.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bled/bohinj is fine for a day. I had a decent weekend there although it's pretty limited. Its about an hour in a cab I think.

aj xx
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As Colin said it may be a bit warm that time of year.

If you have a car and don't mind driving for a couple of hours then you could try try Nassfeld in Austria. Its about 2 hours drive from Ljubljana, I skiied there last year late on and although the quality in the valley was poor, above Nassfeld it was excellent.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
olliew, Mid march is dodgy indeed, you might find a little to do in Maribor, you would certainly be better off going to Austria, at that time of year Innerkrems will be good, about 2hrs from Ljubljana
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Krvavec (sp?) is about 15 minutes drive from ljubliana airport Smile, Spoke to a slovenian skier when we were in Rogla and he highly recommended it but said it was a bit hard for beginers, he didn't take his family and usually went when he was on his own.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Consider Slovenia's second city, Maribor, in the north east of the country bordering Austria and Hungary. It is 6 kms from the local slopes - the biggest ski area in the country, with 64 kms of runs. It is very Hungarian influenced in terms of the food. To date none of the budget airlines goes directly to Maribor, although it is highly likely that Ryanair will be opening a route there sometime next year. It would be a long drive from Ljubliana. There may be a closer route from the new Ryanair route to Lake Balkaton in Hungary to Maribor. Unless, of course, the Ryanair route has been opened by the time you want to go skiing - then Maribor would be ideal!.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year Maribor or Pohorje as it is known by the locals finished the season in April after 144 snowy days. The closest international airport is Graz, Austria. About 40 kms.
hibernia, I wonder how the flood is influenced by the Hungarians Smile

Nassfeld in Austria is another excellent option, exaclty on the Austrian-Italian border, I have been there this year.

The resorts in the Julian Alps (Krnska Gora, Bohinj-Bled, Rogla) are also worth considering.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kerekip, they have to ski somewhere, I suppose wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hibernia, sorry, I meant 'food' Blush
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
been to Rogla, very nice but took us about 3 hours drive so not really suitable for 1 day rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy