Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend trip 15-18th Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Any recommendations for where to go, so early in the season ( 15th - 18th Dec )

Nothing booked , so fairly flexible

Preferences

1. Within 2 hours of Geneva, Zurich, Salzburg, Friedrichshafen
2. Lively Apres
3. Snow

thx
Matt
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Matt, If it were me, I'd book the flights to Salzburg and then leave it till much later.

I keep saying this, (and people that read all the threads are probably getting fed up with me), but in recent years Austria has done better for early season snow than France so provided that that trend continues, Salzburg would leave you best placed.

There are loads of resorts within 2 hours of Salzburg, including high resorts and glaciers, so there really shouldn't be a problem, and at that time of year it should be quiet enough to leave it to nearer the time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, I've never heard you say that!

Is it true?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marc gledhill, its twoo, its twoo.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's true that the last few years (four or five?) have seen better early snow in Austria. But surely that's not enough of a trend on which to base future forecasts about snowfall?

As others have said, wait until closer to the date and head for where the best snow is. Shouldn't have any difficulty in finding accommodation before Christmas.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Matt - I can't imagine that getting accommodation will be a problem anywhere that weekend - even a week or two before. So if you can hold your nerve the best bet might be to gather some details now and see where has the best snow at the time.

What do other people think?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2. Lively Apres

To early in the season for that.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Matt, Val De Sloane Square, sorry, d'Isere, kicks off the prior weekend with the mens's downhill. Our regular ski chums are booking Geneva flights for the weekend before and we'll do Chamonix if there's snow and it's open, Val if it's not.

stanton, you've clearly not been there then! Back to Da Ski Hutte for you!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd have thought the newly arrived seasonaires would have been kicking off big time that weekend everywhere?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PhillipStanton, hmm, yes you're quite right. Get them while they're still fresh. And before the chalet girls bottoms have suffered tartiflation.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch,
Quote:

stanton, you've clearly not been there then! Back to Da Ski Hutte for you!

I start my season around Nov 22. I wouldnt call any Apres before Xmas that great mostly as someone said seasonaires sniffing about.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton, but that's exactly the best time to grab them.

Never had any problems with apres in Val the weekend of the Criterium (~10the December). All bars open, the only club I've been to was as busy as I wanted it to be...lots of people there (mostly brits sadly).

It was was bit quite the few times I've been in early and mid November I will confess.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For lively apres-ski pre-christmas, just go wherever the students (BUSC?) are going.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm going to Stowe for that weekend (OK, I know it's not within 2 hours of Geneve, etc, but I'm going skiing. Just had to tell you.) snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
many thx for all the replies

went for the Salzburg option

cheers
Matt
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy