Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another question about ski boots (junior this time)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
No, it's not about buying off ebay.

One of my teenage sons has grown a fair bit in height and weight but not foot size this year. The question is:- when should he change from junior to adult boots (albeit maybe the same size). He is a very good skier (better than I'll ever be Crying or Very sad ). Are there any general guidelines e.g. weight, age?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm feeling a bit sorry for your post as it has sat there unregarded since lunch-time. I would have thought that if he is happy with his boots then leave well alone. Fitting growing kids up with their own boots is an expensive hobby. I reckon he'll let you know soon enough if they aren't working for him.

Ducks anticipating brickbat from someone more expert than me (almost anybody, but I do have a teenage son!)

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have absolutely no idea.

Are we allowed to say that on here?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Bish, marc gledhill, I'll try Wink

jtr, The main issue will be if he's over flexing them. You need to get him to wear the boots and flex them outside in snow like temperatures. As long as your lad's knee doesn't touch the ground when he flexes at the ankle AND the boot isn't folding because of this I'd say he'll be OK for another winter.

As we have all learnt fit is the MOST imortant factor. There aren't any age issues, weight will be the only other factor and this is to do with how much, or little, flex one can get out of a particular pair of boots.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parlor, Thanks, the advice is much appreciated. I'll leave it a few months. The good news for me is that he's not in the least bit bothered about make, style or colour (but he might baulk at pink) so it will be all about fit when he does need to get new boots.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jtr, parlors advice seems good - my only experience is where my eldest daughter who has size 2 feet (age 6), was accidently given ladies boots & they were really painful around the bit above the ankle & under the calf - kids boots are more padded aren't they?? maybe SZK or CEM will have a comment on this. I was wondering the same thing recently & had concluded that teenage type racing boots which appear to be longer in the ankle were the answer.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rpft has a point here. A lot depends on his height, weight etc and his ability to flex the boot however there are a number of manufacturers which go into quite large sizes in their junior race boots and these could be worth a look. I don't know if it is still the same but the Salomon Junior Course Race boot used to simply be in a smaller size utilising the cuff from the boots they were making for the japanese market i.e. a bit smaller and lower but basically a small adult boot).

They were ideal for ladies with very small feet as they provided excellent support but in a small size or alternatively for juniors skiing to a good level.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy