Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello - holiday booked - anyone else in Chamonix 20-27 Jan?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all...
Have been away for a while with lots of things on so not much time for surfing...
But thought it was time for a quick hello as......
.... I've booked my snowboard holiday
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Very excited - will be going to Chamonix on Jan 20th for a McNab snowboarding improvement course!!!!

Anyway time to go and check out the threads and see whats been going on while I've been away...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 4-01-07 12:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountain mad, welcome back! Hope you've had a good summer.

The Chamonix course sounds good - never tried tea-traying mind, bit of a two plank girl myself. snowHead
You will have to let us know if it's good.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mountain mad, Sounds fun ! Welcome back BTW Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Very excited - will be going to Chamonix on Jan 20th for a McNab snowboarding improvement course!!!!

Is that the course where they cut the board in two lengthwise, throw away your flexi boots and bindings and replace them with a pair of lange X9's and marker bindings (well you did say it was a snowboard improvement course) wink, Hope you have a good trip, (bet it is a bit cold in Jan though).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes welcome back mountain mad, trust you will not lose yourself in the dark side snowHead

Chamonix might be a touch chilly in Jan, but driving round the North Circular in London today my car said it was 33C Shocked so who knows?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very amusing if predictable comments from the skiers!!!!!! Laughing Laughing
Never been skiing in Jan before so it might be the first time I wear the long johns I was recommended to buy for my first ever skiing holiday about 8 years ago!!!!

Yoda - I think I am already lost - haven't put skis on for 2 years now.... Not saying I won't go back to it - but determined to be better at the one plank thing first!!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountain mad, enjoy the boardin'. I switched to boardin' about 7 years ago and really enjoyed it. Have now switched back to skis, mainly as my kids have started skiing and is easier to be with them on skis than board. When they're old enough to start boardin' will have another go.

Its nice being able to do both - for deep powder I would always favour the board, also for between the trees (can't get a leg either side of trunk for start Shocked ) For crusing on pistes, skis are better
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountain mad, Fleece bib tights, as sold for winter training for cyclists, are excellent for skiing and boarding in very cold conditions.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris, sorry disagree about that, its just as easy to snowboard with kids skiing as anything else.

that is what we do with winter!

mountain mad, glad you booked the course, i dont know anyone that had done a mcnab course and come away thinking it was shite! You will have a great time, and niel is a lovely guy and if you get Keith as your insturctor you are one very lucky guy as he is one of the best instructors i've ever known!

Ignor the rubbish certain skiiers come out with, when will people realise that its not what you ride on a mountain but the fact that you love riding the mountain that matters rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowangel., maybe, my reasons for skiing with them rather than staying on board are below, bear in mind they are 5

1. Can double up with them on draglifts
2. Can stand behind them and get them on draglifts when unmanned
3. Can lift them onto chairlifts - wrong angle on board
4. Can lift them up so they are high enough for the ski pass to open the automatic gates
5. Can skate and pull them on the flatter bits
6. Can ski backwards and watch them
7. easy to take skis off and walk back to them, ok can on a board but find it easier than my board
8. If I was boarding they'd want to copy daddy - 7 is the recommended age for learning to board when developed more strength
9. Easier to demonstrate what I want them to do on skis

Ok sure all is possible on board, I just find it easier this way
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey! When did this sneak in here? Would swear blind this was in the Apres Zone when I posted earlier?

Very rarely stray out of there but may have been confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we got moved because it is actually snow related!!!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just resurrecting this thread because I'm very excited as its getting nearer = only 16 days to go.
Anyone else in Chamonix area that week?

p.s. anyone know how I can edit the title of this thread?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountain mad, go back and hit the edit button on your first post - i think
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountain mad,

The thing about Chamonix is that the surrounding mountains are so big they can block out the sun in early season. Once the sun goes down it can get really chilly. Take those Long Johns
latest report
Will do JT!!!!
Bought a nifty thin hat even to wear under my helmet if its really cold!
Although I suspect we're going to be pushed so hard on this course that I may be overdressed but you can always take layers off!

p.s. now can a mod move this to trips????
snow conditions
Thanks for moving the thread!
snow conditions
mountain mad, you're welcome - hope have a great trip snowHead .

There is another thread on Chamonix live at the moment and Tomski01(?) appears to be going the same week as you.
snow report
anyone else in town this week? I know theres a zoo in town - but don't know if they do snowboard boots!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy