Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Surfs Up!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After 2 weeks of flat calm on the North Coast of Ireland the swells finally arrived last night. With 30mph Northerly Winds it is looking pretty good for the weekend.

5ft last night, but a little choppy and hard to paddle through, but once you got out there were some excellent rides.

Webcam of Portrush West Strand www.westbaysurfboards.co.uk
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Johnboy... as an absolute novice surfer.. forgive my ignorance. I understand that Donegal is apparently the Irish equivalent of Newquay?

Although raised a Galway boy/man.. I never knew there that Surfing in Ireland was that good.... but in retrospect I do remember as a teenager my friends brother always loading up his van with a surf board and wind surfing kit as well late on a Friday night and disappearing at 5:00 am on a Saturday morning.

Is the surf guaranteed? Though supposing the west coast is the first place the Atlantic hits ... it must be pretty good.... ??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oisin,

Bundorran in Donegal is probably our Newquay, but we have a fantastic selection of beaches here on the North Coast that cater for all conditions. If we get a North or North Westerly we are landed. Should be pretty consistent coming into the Autumn with the advantage that the water is still reasonably warm. I have surfed on boxing day in the past!!!!!!Great hangover cure!!!!

Surfing has got really big here over the last few years. When I was at school only a handful of people did it now, but there are at least 3 surf shops in Portrush now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No way... Bundorran !! Was there once as a nipper. me Mam used to holiday there every summer from Belfast when she was a kid.

Will put the North coast on my list of places to check out. At the moment am checking out the beaches in Cornwall. my Brother moved down there last year.. so free digs whenever I go down.

Don't suppose you have any Idea about the Northwest of England? Am about to move to Lancaster... but as far as I know the nearest places to go would be in North Wales.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NW England may well be too sheltered being on the Irish sea and not exposed to the Atlantic, but may get some localised swells that might be worth a look.

You won't be disappointed with a trip to the Causeway Coast. Great beaches, beautiful coastline, Bushmills Distillery, Castles, Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-reed Rope Bridge, Rathlin Island. Loads of Golf courses if you are into that kind of thing.

Yeah, Bundorran still is a bit of a Naff tourist town but the surf is good. Then again Portrush has its fair share of tacky outlets as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Your always gonna get the tacky side.... I Love Cornwall... but I can't stand Newquay. Apologies to any living there... but it is so overrun in the summer with tourists.. and yes we're all tourists when we're on holiday... Full of tourists who don't respect where theplace that there in and it's just tacky and full of Lager heads from early evening through late night. Guess preety much the same as certain Spanish islands and Costas As with anything I guess it's just become to popular for it's own good.

If you want a beautiful beach (not much surf) then check out Crantock beach about 3 miles outta town. Stay away from fistral... just tooooo busy!! Thyough little Fistrals quite nice.

Maybe I'm gettin old ?? Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy