Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year Ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

Last year for New Year we went to Klosters. We stayed in 4* hotel but had booked only week before and had got a cancellation. Trying to return this year we are told they are only taking 14 day stay bookings. rolling eyes

Whilst I am ploughing through Google, ski sites etc., does anyone have any ideas for a New Year destination. Just the 2 of us, so not necessarily looking for party, party. More looking for traditional, romanticky kind of atmosphere wink and 4* hotel and decent snow - aren't we all? rolling eyes . Accessible by train from Zurich or Geneva as we hate coaches/driving.

Are any lightbulbs going off in snowheads out there? Any ideas, gratefully received.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
St Anton? Direct train from ZH if I'm not mistaken
latest report
 brian
brian
Beverley, Zermatt ? You certainly won't be stuck for a 4* hotel Laughing and the glacier ensures at least some skiing.

http://www.zermatt.ch/e/hotels/list/4star.html

or even

http://www.zermatt.ch/e/hotels/list/5star.html (in which case we want a full report with pics and counselling for insane jealousy ! Very Happy ).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beverley,
I stayed in Flims over New Year for 1 weekand would recommend the area. I cannot remember the name of the hotel I'm afraid. If going by train you would have to do the last few miles by bus but this is usually no great hardship in Switzerland as the journey is short and the connections reliable.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beverley,

We stayed here http://www.belvedere-grindelwald.ch/index.php?lang=en&category=48 in grindelwald this year and were very impressed,we were planning to go back for xmas/new year,but due to inforseen circumstances (ie wife wants new kitchen!) we can't,they did send over their xmas/new year itinery which looked quite resonable (well as resonable as any 4* in Switzerland at that time of year can be!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oooh - I so want to say La Rosiere wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy, Naughty Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gsb, just as well I didn't then Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you want atmosphere, then it's got to be Zermatt.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi again,

Re: Zermatt - we went a couple of years ago, but when you mentioned it (thanks Brian and Kramer Very Happy ) I suddenly though "Yes!". We've found a lovely looking place, the Hotel Tschugge that can do our dates 27th Dec-6 Jan. I've double checked various reviews etc., and booked through Expedia. Not been down this route before (normally go direct to hotel etc) but hope all will be ok (anyone booked through Expedia before? - if been let down, don't burst my balloon).

Oooh, can't wait to hang up my blades (rowing) and get on my skis!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eng ch Sorry I can't resist this. St Anton? Romantic?!

I did however spend a wonderful stay in Lech last March. Ok. I admit. I had a wild evening apres skiing at the Moosewirt bar (sp?) and a great time St Patricks Day!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Beverley, ah well, I've only ever been to St Anton for a day trip and never to Zermatt - I was concentrating on the train access!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Beverley, hi, I stayed at the Tschugge couple of xmas back - it's ok.
I never found out how to pronounce the name properly though Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beverley, there's already going to be a party of snowheads in Zermatt for the 23rd-30th December. Come along and say hello Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy