Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

need advice about getting a board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
im going boarding in march 07 i dont want to hire a crappy board out, so i want to buy a freestyle board, real flexy. anyhow i found this site, i thought the boards were too cheap on there, surely they cant be very good. but the manufacture claimes to be selling them direct from factory. please can someone tell me about these boards are they any good?

thanks

http://www.heli-boards.com/start.htm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
larns, Certainly cheap, but without any proper address or contact details, I'd be wary even before I realised that there is no telling where it's actually made or even if the materials claims are true. Website's pretty empty.

If you do contact them, ask them to meet you with a board to test at MK. If they're not willing to let you ride one before buying, walk away from them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah, there selling them on ebay too that's how i found them, i followed the link from ebay to that page, im tempted becasue they have ok feedback
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The core of the boards is wood (alledgedly) this is a good thing. The base of the board is extruded, this is a bad thing, poor wax absorption and easy to damage. No idea about the edges, topsheet or the manufacturing procedures they use. I'm picky about my boards but I wouldn't buy one of those. An extruded base is enough for me to say no.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thank you
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Look for sintered bases rather than extruded bases, the higher the number that goes with the sintered base the better, the top end boards are approaching 10,000. The lower the number the more easy it is for damage to be done to the base and for stones/rocks to break through to the core, also this will make the board slower when you are riding on the flat of the board i.e. straightlining.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For good all round advice about what to look for in a snowboard have a look at this web page:
http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/Pages/AdviceCentre.aspx

I am not going to slag off Heli boards but I would strongly recomend going for a known brand with a pedigree and reputation to defend. Cheap snowboards can fall apart so you need a proper warranty.

As for extruded versus sintered. All beginners and cheap boards have extruded p-tex bases. You need to spend at least £100 more to get a board with a sintered base.

Hope this helps
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks that helps a great deal.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Let's resurrect an old thread! Has anyone tried one of these Heli boards yet? Or owned one?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess not!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nope
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy