Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do You Lunch?

Poster: A snowHead
There have been quite a few different ideas on snowHead 's recently about how folk take thier lunch.
Apparently in Whistler the Americans are more serious about their skiing cos they lunch on power bars. Having eaten on the mountain in Whistler it may not be the only reason Puzzled
Other snowHead 's picnic on the lifts and some go for full lunches.

Do You
a) Snack, skiing is a serious activity and I don't' want incorrect nutrition to get in the way of my performance.
b) Picnic, Mountain restaurants are a rip off and waste valuable skiing time.
c)Have a light meal to relax but don't overload cos you want to ski well in the afternoon
d) Have a decent meal its part of the holiday after all
e) Sit down and rarely get up again cos the foods good and the drink is better.

For me its a mixture of c&d I tend to do what those I am with are doing but I don't like drinking much alcohol if anything at lunch cos it leaves me tired in the afternoon. Though I have to admit to having a bit on occasions.

Edited to change the letters of the options, to make sense of the two posts below c was c1 d was c2 and e was d
Hope that is as clear as mud Embarassed

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 15-09-06 12:11; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
T Bar, you have two option c's... I'm a c(1) although in VT we resort to buying a picnic and then eating it in the comfort of our appartment Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depending on the conditions it can be anything between C1 and D.

It'll also depend on how much snowboarding has taken place in the morning and what the plans are for the evening.

Also the temperment of the accompaning 11 year old can have a factor.

Alcohol will normally feature in a lunch, as 'something alcoholic' in my coffee always is part of my holiday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar, C1 - D mostly. some of my happiest skiing days have involved D type lunches Very Happy, but I have had one or two B experiences as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
C&D
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I usually have some chocolate on the lifts. I enjoy skiing too much to waste my time on the mountain sitting in a restaurant snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Actually it's all of the above. It just depends on the day, the conditions and who you're skiing with.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
(c)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
C). Almost always Spaghetti Bol, if I'm in France, cos I luv it, it's quick, and the pasta kicks in like an energy bar in the middle of the afternoon ski. If I'm in Austria, however, it's almost always Gulasch Soup, roll and Snickers, for all the same reasons!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mainly a c) with the very occasional d), can't do a) anymore need the break and a bit of real food ... even when doing c) I sometimes consider it to be the highest form of faffing and am more likely to want to be on my way quciker than the rest of the party, especially if they're into their second alcholic drink!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
C & D is the norm depends on conditions, company and which eatery I am near. Usually take lunch late so have skied plenty already.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can't ski after a big meal, so I always have soup - usually Goulash suppe or the equivalent!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One further comment. On particularly good skiing days, we actually stop early (say around 11.00) for a quick light snack, (sandwich or roll etc) then ski through to the late afternoon and stop for another quick 'top up'. This avoids the 'lunchtime rush hour' and also means we are out on the slopes while the majority are sat eating - result Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
C&D

E can be great craic sometimes.

I usually eat early to aviod the rush and have a good break in the afternoon so I can get the last lift and ski in the peace and quiet.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For me aways c - Light Lunch. Usually consists of soap and a roll, Bottle of water or coke and if I'm feeling realy hungry a portion of Pomme Frits.

Never drink alcohol at dinner times. I always want to ski every available second.

Although I always ski with an hydration pack and I carry a small amount of food for emergancies I never actually get round to eating anything other than at dinner times.

Maybe just trying to ski every available second.
snow conditions
Super Eagle wrote:
Light Lunch. Usually consists of soap and a roll, Bottle of water or coke and if I'm feeling realy hungry a portion of Pomme Frits.

Do you swear a lot on the piste?
ski holidays
Super Eagle,

I used to be like that, but when you ski with Mrs JB you have to learn to chill out. Che loves her Vin Chaud snowHead
latest report
Quote:
a) Snack, skiing is a serious activity and I don't' want incorrect nutrition to get in the way of my performance.
b) Picnic, Mountain restaurants are a rip off and waste valuable skiing time.
c)Have a light meal to relax but don't overload cos you want to ski well in the afternoon
d) Have a decent meal its part of the holiday after all
e) Sit down and rarely get up again cos the foods good and the drink is better.

f) Any of the above as the day, situation and mood determine.
latest report
c mostly sometimes d.

snowHead
snow report
I usually stop for a break and eat a meal and drink if I can, generally I stop for 45mins or so. My only rule is no alcohol.
snow report
If possible find, and eat at the nicest restaurant on the slopes, taking my time, and enjoying it. If not possible, then grab what I can, eat it as fast as possible, and then get on with the skiing.
ski holidays
c.. but if its busy i like to miss peak times.. .. if conditions turn to white out.. im more than happy to get on the pop
latest report
We always stop for a decent lunch and the restaurants here are great, but it's choc on the lift when we just escape whilst the boys are at school.

Deb
snow report
 brian
brian
I don't find a big lunch makes any odds to my skiing but then again I can eat for Scotland. Drink, on the other hand, definitely has an effect, so I almost never have alcohol at lunchtime. Love that first aprés beer though.
ski holidays
I sometimes have a small beer at lunchtime. It doesn't seem to make much difference to my skiing.
snow conditions
laundryman wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Light Lunch. Usually consists of soap and a roll, Bottle of water or coke and if I'm feeling realy hungry a portion of Pomme Frits.

Do you swear a lot on the piste?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
f. All of the above - although for "picnic" read "BBQ"

I have no set routine that I have to do. I eat when I'm hungry. I rest when I'm tired.
latest report
So you may be able to work out when he drinks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, when there's drink around.
snow conditions
b) is favourite especially if weather is ok and we are in 3Vs or similar where most on mountain food is pretty expensive

c) if weather is bad it's nice to get in doors for a while

d) more popular in Italy as we really like the food there!

i try and stay off the beer at lunchtime as one often leads to another, then another, then another Laughing
latest report
Roger C, which in my case then leads to the hospital and the wearing of an ankle brace for 6 weeks rolling eyes
ski holidays
Picnics in good weather for us - No restaurant can replicate the ham sandwich on top of the Aiguille rouge feeling.

Have been guilty of having a few brandy and hot chocolates though to keep the chill away though
ski holidays
C & D usually, although it has been known to get to the furthest restaurant from resort, leisurely lunch with a few beers and a leisurely ski back stopping at each bar/restaurant on the way back for a beer.
snow report
LARGEZOOKEEPER, sounds painfull!!! Sad
snow report
Roger C, Was but not as painful as thinking how much of a lady's front bottom I was wink
snow conditions
Oi Mod's, I didn't write that in my last post. Since when in this context has tw$t been a naughty word Puzzled
latest report
C most of the time, but sometime's don't stop until 14.00, then miss the queue's, followed by a quick Apres at about 16.30.
latest report
LARGEZOOKEEPER, the word censor is a small tool to make you look slightly foolish wink
ski holidays
C most of the time but as we self cater it is done at the apartment with vin chaud to start. This coming year may be different as the kids are not going into ski school, so wont have to be back at the bottom of the mountain to meet them.
ski holidays
Hoppo, Well, it worked very well rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy