Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current conditions in Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
Metalhead132, Great piccy from Cerler. The snow covered tables and benches look like modern art at the Tate.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pic from grau roig today,
Morato piste; this slope were closed until today:

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thats some serious powder !!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
After such a long snow drought in Andorra it's great to see it has finally come
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Waow!

Niiice! snowHead

My wife might be right after all...maybe there is a god! Laughing

Roll on Easter and may those temps stay low!..........amen! (u never know..)

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Photos to show the enormous snowfall that has fallen down in some villages of northern Spain:

Piqueras (provincia de Soria)

Reinosa (800m, Cantabria)

Unha (aran valley, Catalonia)

Burgos (province capital; 900m)

Tavascán (northern catalonia)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
metalhead132, What camera are you using to take those big pictures?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 22-03-07 20:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mmmm this pics are not mine.They are taken for members of spanish meteorology forum.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
metalhead132, 4th picture down, is that an iglu with a number plate? EU rules have gone mad Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rayscoops, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing tomorrow I will post more Iglus
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tomorrow night I'll go to Grandvalira for the weekend.....I'll return with some photos!!!

I'm very happy! WE will have 2 nice weekends before the easter, quite slopes, good snow....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

As I always say, March is the best month....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
After a week of almost solid snow the resorts around us have the best snow of the year by far. Some resorts report over a metre and a half of Powder in places with base depths around or about a metre. Heavy tonight and over the weekend will make this a memorable end to the season.

Fantastic snow at Superbagneres, Peyragudes and Baqueira Beret. I took this at lunchtime yesterday before the snow started falling again.

www.peak-times.com

[/img]
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Baqueira 2500; fresh snow:

20-03-2007 70cm
21-03-2007 65cm
22-03-2007 15cm
23-03-2007 35cm
24-03-2007 60cm

TOTAL until this morning 245cm, and still snowing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
metalhead132, I'm so very happy for you guys that you've had this wonderful snowfall. AlTom must be in heaven, and maybe you can get some good powder practice so in LDA we can all ski together if there is powder that day! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Easiski; yes, finally it's here!!! We have lot's of powder, and we have 3 weeks to enjoy!!!
ski holidays
Buufffff.BIG weekend....... Memorable days

It was a powder festival!!! On Friday, we had in Andorra another foot of new snow overnight, so saturday morning all runs had 30cm (or more) of new snow!! People with intermediate level thinked: How I can ski with this amount of snow?? So...back home! And the festival starts!!

The first hour we did some laps in the powdery runs, and then the forests call us! Smile Very Happy Knee deep between the trees, and knee deep with a skis with 92mm underfoot!! In some places more than knee deep....... Toofy Grin
I remember this forest one week before without snow Shocked Shocked Shocked and now my pole (120cm) is completely covered by fresh snow!!

We spended all day under powder, jumping rocks, cornices..... If the heaven exists is similar than saturday...

Started at 9.00 and finished at 17.00, 8h with only 20min stop..... I literally spended 8h eating powder!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

It snowed all day, so on Sunday we can repeat the powder eating!! We had to look for more difficult acces spots that weren't touch the day before Laughing Laughing

Sorry, no pics, I didn't have the cam.....
ski holidays
Another BIG BIG dump in the pyrenees!
This time the most affected part is the Eastern and southern. It starts on sunday afternoon, and the main part started yestarday (Monday) afternoon, and it's expected that finished on wednesday morning.

In some resorts like boi-taull, port del comte, masella, Cerler, can finish this episode with more than 100cm of new snow, some photos of this midday in Port Ainé (before the big precipitation)

And of Course in Andorra is snowing (Andorra catch snow from north, snow from south....not much as Baqueira in north situations and not much as Oriental pyrenees in East or south situations but always catch something....amazing) And a link to all webcam of andorra's roads:

http://www.mobilitat.ad/mapanou.swf?idioma=esp&cams=1&pannells=

In some places this past afternoon had been acumulations between 40-60cm ONLY in the afternoon..... More snow in 6 hours than in ALL the season (some of this resorts had closed some weeks ago for the lack of snow, and now will reopen for the Easter..)
snow report
The "little" problem for me is that this time I can't to taste it, as in 8 hours we will depart to Val Thorens and the Espace Killy, until next Monday....maybe this snow can settle a little and make a "base" for next weeks precipitations, so ski until the end of April..... I hope
snow conditions
After all that snow that fell last week (1.2m at 1250m 1.5m at 2500m)you could ski right down the valley. We nipped down to the next village bellow Bareges and found some good jumps and fun bits on the way.

Things are melting quickly now however and you can now only get down to Bareges (1250m), The resort and those around are all still fully open though but with high avalanche risk due to very warm temperatures. The isotherm is due to rise over the 3000m mark at the end of the week Shocked T-shirt time for the last week of the season next week I expect.
snow report
Snowed here last night (Bareges), the avalanche risk is dropping as the Isotherm drops to 900m today - so the resort is likely to be fully open, snow showers and sun through the day, all pistes pisted. Thankfully the predictions for the end of the week have changed to an Isotherm (0 degree line) at around 2100m rather than 3000m Smile
snow conditions
An amazing turnaround in conditions for the Pyrennes
ski holidays
Hi all,

Off to Pas de la casa on thursday for the day from Toulouse. Anyone's got info on conditions/weather????

Cheers in advance.

snowHead
snow report
Kruisler, Andorramania webcams look very promising if that's any guide http://andorramania.com/andorrawebcams/pas-de-la-casa-pirot1.php
snow report
The forecasts are really really crazy.......I think we will have in a month (mid march to mid april) all the average precipitation for the last year...and maybe for the next too.....

GFS says:

And the local forecasts say in the eastern pyrenees and northern coast an accumulated precipitation in ONLY 2 DAYS between 150-200mm!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The snow line will be the key...some of them say always less than 2000-2100m that will be OK for the higer resorts and peaks and it will mean that at 2500m can reach snow base at the end of the week about 3-4 m. Shocked SO, they can open until the 1st May holidays...and in normal conditions with this base the snow will remain past June with a good base......perfect for mountain skiing season!!!

But in the other hand some forecast are saying snow level to 2300-2400, and with this big amount of water will melt all the snow down and it means the season's finish...... Confused Confused

I'm praying.....
ski holidays
Well,

We managed to enjoy ourselves in Grau Roig on Thursday but it was raining/dumping wet snow during most of the afternoon. That was making the good snow coverage quite sticky.
I don't know what it's like this WE but it could reall go either way for the next few days...
I think it's better to get as much skiing in as soons as possible just in case it all goes wrong...
snow report
Finally the forecast was wrong.....it's amazing the difficult to do the forecast in this kinf of situation, with a little depression in Mediterranean sea....1 day before the forecast was WRONG!!!!!

It rain, YES, it snow, YES, but did it with less, far less, intensity. The precipitation was maybe only a 1/4 part that the local forecast say....

The snow limit raise til 2100-2200, but as the precipitation was less, the snow still remain at 2000m.

Todays was the closing date in all Andorra resorts and a lot of catalan resorts (some of then closed just on past Monday; after holidays), so now I think that it's only possible to ski in 2 or 3 little resorts in all the pyrenees.......

The snow quality is very wet at ALL altitudes and orientations with not much cm and some patches.....so bad conditions....

Here the people is already thinking in the "beach season" Sad Sad Sad Sad If I can I'll do a fast forward to the next november...... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
AlTom, metalhead132, thanks for your updates all season - much appreciated. Looking forward to next season already ! snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks....Next season we will be here updating the snow report Very Happy Very Happy We will hope for a better season, it's not difficult, this one was the worst of the last 20-30 years..... Shocked Sad Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After a poor twenty days with hot temps....the winter returns today with his lasts hits... Today snow in all Pyrenees, east to west, and the snow limit level fall till 1300-1400m (for example in andorra snow below canillo) and the acumulations reach 30-40cm, more in some places....

THE PROBLEM is that ALL resorts (except one: Port Ainé) are closed...... Some shots:

arcalís CAM (1900m):

masella base cam(1600m, this place a day ago was all green)

Font-romeu:

Port ainé:

Port ainé anounce that will open their installations on weekends until the snow permits... If the forecasts are OK this storm will repeat on friday, maybe my season isn't finished yet.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Sorry, last information is that in some moments this afternoon, in northern side, the snow fall til 1100m only!! Unbelievable!! This was the worst last 30years season in terms of snow and temperatures; Only 2-3 times in ALL winter the snow fall below 1000m, and today, 1st May, 1100m!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
Just had a look at this http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/webcam.asp?key=26
I remember 25 or so years ago having to dig a channel out for the 2 man chair in Soldeu on the first week in May. In those days it didn't cost much in terms of manning levels to keep the mountain open, but now it is so vast that it takes probably more to man it than there would be skiers!!! Sad
latest report
AlTom, Oh my! Your season has been very strange this year. I think you will have to get some skins and do some touring .. may be you and metalhead132, can get together with in garbure we trust, and even with David and Blanca and all go for a last ski of the 2006/7 season. wink It looks better for you than for us, that's for sure. But it is raining here in LDA right now...

Hope to see you next year, and thank you for the wonderful reports all season - I've really enjoyed reading them and seeing the photos. Very Happy
snow report
Some photos from cauterets this morning after yesterday's storm (tomorrow and friday will bring more): Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Masella :

If the things will be ok, that means more snow on friday, saturday...quiet and reasonably cold...then friday maybe we will attempt some couloir that I have in my mind...... rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

And for next season...L2A is always a nice place to start the season if november is "normally"... so, we will see.... Laughing
latest report
Great pictures AlTom! snowHead
ski holidays
It's great to be able to report snow in May, but where was it all season! snowHead It's like waiting for buses, there is nonee for ages and then two turn up.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy