Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current conditions in Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
Snowbird, left of andorra
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone got any ideas about the latest GFS models for Andorra...I think they show Andorra to still be in a borderline situation for the first week of Feb...but then again, I know nothing Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone know why the current snow depths in Soldeu have stayed the same? It went up to 30/30 after Monday nights snow - and even though it snowed all of Tuesday and most of Wednesday it has stayed the same!

Cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doesn't look great, but doesn't look bad either. Temperature is OK ish but there doesn't look to be a lot of snow. 6th/7th Feb looks much better for snow
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wouldn' this suggest that the 4th-9th will see a lot of snow in Andorra?

http://www.wunderground.com/modelmaps/maps.asp?model=GFS&domain=EU

SharkEnergy, welcome to snowheads snowHead

I have no idea why levels have stayed the same. It may be that the amounts of snow have been minimal or it may be that everyone has been out enjoying the powder so much that they've not had time to update the sites Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
howdie,

st lary is about 20k from cauteret and about 11k from Piau Engaly and yup it is just left of Andorra about 100k! Although webcams look good they havent opened any new runs and im so paronoid about the snow now that im thinking that st lary might be developing a cunning plan to keep the rest of the mountain closed until the french school holidays to preserve conditions! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snow dreamer wrote:
howdie,

st lary is about 20k from cauteret and about 11k from Piau Engaly and yup it is just left of Andorra about 100k! Although webcams look good they havent opened any new runs and im so paronoid about the snow now that im thinking that st lary might be developing a cunning plan to keep the rest of the mountain closed until the french school holidays to preserve conditions! Toofy Grin
snow dreamer get back to work!
you must have too much spare time on your hands...
council workers, honestly.
anyway, thats a proper good insight into a possible reason for the saint lary peps not opening more pistes, bit harsh on us lot going out there tho.
good questions to altom, i guess we can fill people in more after sunday!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gurgharris, welcome to snowheads snowHead snowHead snowHead

I guess your a council worker as well ??? Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BTW for those who are interested at 1708 Thurs it is snowing in Pas, just thought you would like to know snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
gurg as you well know i work extremly hard but just so happen to work for the council! and anyway i thought you were absolutely chocker with clients this week so how have you got time to be here? Puzzled Anyway... im hoping it is just me being paranoid you know what a woorrier i am and after saturday it wont really matter as we'll be there anyway Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
aaaaaghh, surely they're not lying...........we're going to peyragudes in four days. the resort website says 'tis fine, yet they say 55% of pistes open "12 pistes sur 46 ; 55% du domaine ouvert" 12 pistes out of 46.................that's not 55% open, is it? this has been on their web site for 5 or 6 weeks. it hasn't changed even after a big dump. ) ultimately i guess it doesn't matter. i'm going skiing with my family , and a posse of good mates. we're going to have a party, but still.........................having seen hills of grass and granite (we're not talking about scotland) on the web can surely we can expect some honesty from the resort website.

sorry, rant over

Madeye-Smiley

i know the pistes open may be the largest in the resort ,but the maths still seems a tad dodgy rolling eyes

oooooh, i feel better after that Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 25-01-07 22:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
re that last post, don't get me wrong. peyragudes is great . no english folk at all and the locals are SUPER friendly. oooops. shouldn'ts be publicising the place Embarassed
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sequoiaboard, I know what you mean about percentages. On Grandvalira site it says Soldeu has 45% open. Then it shows 12 pistes open (and 6 of them are green rolling eyes ) of out 32! Looks like the people who write these stats all went to the same school Shocked .
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe they show a percentage of distance opened? I.e. 45% of the ski-able area in Soldeu is open but this equates to 5 blues and 1 red?

I am peed off that the snow depths haven't changed since the 30/30, and that no new slopes have opened!!! It is going to be overcrowded surely? Can you ski through to El Tartar, up to the very top of the mountain, and then down round the side of Soldeu?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hello,

Hope my paronoid question hasnt got everyone up in arms as im sure its just me worring Confused just checked st lary websites again and its looking wonderfully white this morning and they have opened 2 more runs so hopefully there will be a few more open by sunday Little Angel
snow report
snow dreamer, good news, enjoy wink
snow report
Latest GFS runs aren't looking too good I'm afraid.

As we all know though, these things can quickly change...heres hoping the next few runs bring better results!
snow report
from the pas side up to funi camp, a few extra runs have opened, but very very patchy , grass exposed rocks,

been a skiier for 5 years now, got board of the limited runs, so spent 19e on a snow board for the day, got a cold back bottom and sore wrist, but having fun,

probably about 3cm of snow yesterday, and very sunny today, clear skys! so non due for a few days now?

getting the bus to souldu in the morning with the board! should be painfull
snow report
fill! thanks for the updates!! i'm heading off to pas tomorrow night and soo glad we have some snow, although it's a bit of a change to the 2 meters we were living the lash on last year! is there any signs of a connection to soldux appearing? is it a case of by-passing to get to Encamp ect. I was also thinking of hiring a board or blades for a change, is it really that painfull? Puzzled
snow report
kelz wrote:
is it really that painfull? Puzzled

tried boarding last year. skied most of my life.surf all year round. no probs, thinks me. hired the kit and went on solo teach yissen crash course. no padding or protection. you wouldn't believe the extent of the injuries. black eye, stiff neck, facial grazing, bruised elbows, knees and bum. then i got a couple of one to one lessons. what a difference a little bit of knowledge makes.

going back there on monday..............i've got a bum pad, wrist guards, bnee pads etc etc

so to conclude, is it really that painful ? No, worse ...
ski holidays
only boarded on the friday end the end, fell a few times, but not to much pain, nothing a few beers wouldnt sort out! will def do 1 or 2 days boarding next ski trip, the other half loved the blades.

had a lot of fun, dispite the conditionds, spen 2.50e on a bum board, for an afterskiing laugh!

was getting patchy and bare on the last few days, found when low in soldeu on sat 27th to be like a ice slide, go carefull! got there from pas via free bus!

i see theres no snow forcast this week for pas! still the open runs are being preserved as best as possible, they are working there arsed off, snow cannons on all day, tho was 4oC when i left pas a 12pm sunday in the town!

looking into pas on 22-1

looking into pas on 23-1 Very Happy

looking into soldeu on 27-1 Sad
snow report
metalhead132, Just wondering if you have any local predictions for Andorra?

Latest forecasts don't look good for me...I arrive on the 10th feb.

Anyone else got any predictions, forecasts? I'd like to think that a big dump is on the way but it is increasingly looking like it is just going to be too warm Sad
snow report
Am I right in thinking that it will be too warm for the precipitation currently forecast for the 8th - 10th to fall as snow?

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_1342_ens.png

I really hope this changes in the next week or so!

I am going to have snow-dancing lessons snowHead ...
ski holidays
Smokin Joe wrote:
Is this starting to look a bit better ?

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_243_ens.png

Smudger - isnt this andorra ?
latest report
Smokin Joe, I think you are right!

My mistake! It's still not looking great though is it?
snow conditions
Any predictions for Andorra?
ski holidays
Late Feb is looking a bit better now, but still not as cold as you'd ideally like it
snow report
Not looking good for my trip next week then!

I am just hoping for a drop in temperature...not sure what the chances of that are though because my forecasting skills don't strectch that far! Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was in Pas for the last week, they have done a good job with snow cannon's and manage to keep some runs open but they are pretty icey and you can see the grass coming through in parts.

I still had a great time though.
ski holidays
Got back from Soldeu yesterday. They are doing a fantastic job with the snow cannons! I have no regrets about going. I did some great skiing across Soldeu, El Tartar and Canillo.

It is a shame to head towards a particular run and see that it is closed off, and from around 2pm onwards some of the runs can be a bit icy, with some stones mixed in. And the 2 blues down to resort in Soldeu are very packed. BUT just get your ass up the mountain early and enjoy!
snow report
Latest runs show no improvement....Looks like it may even be too warm for snow cannons...Flipping heck.

A big change is needed soon if I'm to be in luck!
snow report
Have to admit, if the temperature doesn't go down its looking more like rain than snow Sad
snow conditions
mmmm, too warm I think, but the weather models, are changing in each run.

The cold front expected in Thursday, and other in Saturday, could bring some snow.

We must wait to seeing that it happens
snow report
Just back from Pas (after 2 nights in Liverpool due to fog). As said above the pistes are holding up ok due to constant snow cannons. We even hit a few bits of powder produced by said cannons.
It's a pity that the link to Soldeu is not open as only one 400metre slope is stopping the opening of the whole area.
A few cannons on that slope should be on the Granvalira shopping list.
Plenty of skiing to be done so dont worry. Very Happy
snow conditions
I got back from pas on sunday had a great time. shame not all of the slopes were open, but the ones that were open were good runs in the morning. abit ice'y towards the end of the day but it made it more of a challenge. Was ALOT of fog the other day could only see about 4 meters infront. We stayed in the llalac Negre, the manager was a great laugh, never heard him say one sensible thing all week.

anyway the shops were fun if you liked buying alcohol, cigarets, guns, knifes and bongs.

Also i suggest you try at least once the 350g T-Bone steak, but dont go skiing after it.
latest report
Are the latest runs looking a bit more positive?

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_243_ens.png

Also given that what we are using here is only Andorra-ish (It's actually about 100 miles away and 1000m lower!) Can we presume that we might actually get colder weather in Andorra?
snow conditions
Yes, it's snowing this morning.

two very active cold front will affect all range in Thursday, and saturday,...maybe 20-40cm in each one.

Probably I am going to ski on Sunday, Ordino-Arcalís I think.
ski holidays
Great news metalhead132, !

Really hope this happens snowHead
ski holidays
smudger, snowed today but not heavy - the runs are holding up well. Dont worry.
latest report
Smokin Joe, got any Photos ?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy