Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

School ski trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
eng_ch, both my school ski trips were when I was a 6th former, I was a responsible person in those days and don't recognize any of Lizzard's points, honest. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In 1980/81, out of a total market of 720,000 ski bookings, 550,000 were schools. Compare with last season, when the total market was 1,156,000 of which only 130,000 were schools.

So what's happened is that you lot all learned to ski on school trips, and you're not only still doing it but also taking your kids yourselves. Our school used to run trips in term time, but there's a lot of opposition to this from LEAs and governors these days on the grounds that skiing isn't properly 'educational'. Load of old rubbish, if you ask me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In practical terms - give your daughter something to identify her hire kit with. I've run school trips and we use gaffer tape and permanent OHT pens to get students to identify boots, boards, skis and poles. Needs to be done at the ski fit stage with a teacher handing out pieces of tape and another writing names. Much more civilised than the other school kids scrabbling around for kit and shouting at each other every day. We also get a different ski/board group (eg. Beginner skiers or Intermediate Boarders) to make a chain and load/unload ski locker/coach each day (they have to be ready to go 15 mins before others). They all know when they have to unload because we have an A3 paper pinned up in reception with all the timings of meals meeting places and activities each day listed (written by me for the next day at dinner time). Students have to check the board to know what time they have to be places and what's happening - if they ask a teacher a question when the answer is on the A3 paper they have to do a forfeit - like carry someone's skis or help the drivers....keeps the teachers sane and helps the students gain a sense of personal responsibility (on some trips for some students, this is the first time they've had to orgainse themselves)

I really enjoy taking the trips because we're really organised and I enjoy seeing the students learn a sport I am passionate about. I also really appreciate it when parents thank us when we return...because we have put in a lot of hours usually for over a year to prepare for the trip and then look after their children 24/7 doing an extreme sport in a foreign country...something that you are potentially risking your career and livelihood for...

PS. Before you say goodbye to her at the coach, stand her with her back to the coach and make her tell you the name and colour of the coach so she knows which one it is on the ferry/at service stations in case she gets separated from her friends....now there lies a story for another time...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, you forgot.. attempt to smoke a high strength french smoke .. once..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CANV CANVINGTON, they don't seem to bother with that, probably because they can get all their usual brands here these days.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Freestyle, Some excellent advice and ideas. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy