Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are you a faffer ?

Poster: A snowHead
Anniepen, I don't remember your gang being particularly slow - although that might have been because I was 'tired' from staying up late boozing with you.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't so much faff, but I am guilty of smoking on a T-bar and pomas, as easiski will verify. Don't do it on chairlifts, usually because I'm sat next to my kids and they nag me about smoking !

It's pretty tricky wedging both gloves under your armpits, undoing your jacket pocket without losing said gloves, then removing cigars and lighter, extract one cigar and put the box back in pocket, light cigar hoping the wind isn't too strong, replace lighter and zip pocket back up.

And all without losing those gloves from under armpits. And yes, I know I am going to come a cropper one day !

wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bladeskier, pop a little carabena on your jacket/rucksack and clip 'em on to that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniepen, Laughing The kids get easier as they get older but our chalet last year we had 9 kids to get on the 08.45 ski bus for 9.00 am lessons. On the last day we made it without a panic and that was with a full breakfast starting at about 8am.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Faffing is for losers.

Plenty of time for map-reading on the lift. That said, everyone needs a boot-tightening opportunity at some point during the morning.

Car faffing is by far the worst. It goes like this when I ski with my mates D (male and J (female). Also present: Mrs. Zammo.

D and Zammo get up, have breakfast, clean teeth, clear car of snow, get 4 pairs of skis from ski room, attach to roof of car, identify 4 pairs of boots, place in boot [sic] with 4 pairs of poles. Pack own bag in boot.

D and Zammo go inside. Mrs Zammo now ready and sitting in car.

J now finishes breakfast and considers cleaning teeth. Remembers phone call required to office. Hunts for lost purse.

D, Zammo and J now all in car (lift is 15 mins drive away). J arrives at car. Car started. J remembers randomly took ski pass out of jacket last night so needs to return to room. returns to room, has l o n g toilet break. Returns to car. J now asks if anyone has seen her hat.

We're lucky if it's less than 1 hour from Zammo, D and Mrs. Zammo being ready to the time when J can actually leave. I drive me nuts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mrs JB will tell you am am certainly not a faffer.

She knows to be readdy to go as soon as the skis hit the ground. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why do people insist on loosening/undo-ing their boots on chair-lift? Surely they don't fit properly if you need to. My boots go on at 8:45 and come off again around 4:30 - without ever being undone, even at lunchtime.

Goggles, sunglasses, hats and coats can all be done ON the lift, the only excuse for faffing at the top of a lift is when there is a white-out and you are too scared to get going Embarassed .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
only on lifts ... once I'm off I want to be away and can't understand why people need to look at maps / adjust stuff when they've had all this valuable faffing time to do such things ...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I faff in the morning before we start. Never on the slopes. Will go straight on once first run is complete after tightening the boots properly. I am possibly from the old school as was told to do the first run with boots not tight to get a better balance. Maybe your friends are faffing because they want to irritate you, especially if you are on a board with them wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boarders are known for their faffing at top of chairlifts hence the reason I ride flows as quicker and easier and NO faffing. IN fact I invariably beat the skiers off unless of course I fall on my a*** - has been known!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anniepen, tell me about it. When hubby and I go skiing on our own, we get up,shower, have breakfast, get ready to ski, and are on the lifts by 9.00 am. Add two teens into that equation, and you can add on another hour. We have now decided the best thing to do is meet them later, say 11am at a mountain restaurant. They still manage to lose us, and despite being 16 and now 18, they get really upset about it, rather than just shrugging their shoulders and going skiing for the day. Eldest is by far the worst, we had to go back to the ski shop to change his boots one morning on our last holiday. He is the only one without his own boots though, and I think that probably needs rectifiying this winter.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have one faff stop at top of chair after second run to tighten snowboard boots to correct levels for the rest of the day and that is it. The most annoying faffing for me is when everybody in the party has finsihed faffing, discussed where we are going, boots on, tight and in and just about to set off when brother in law walks back to his board having watched everybody get ready to go and then only think about putting his board on, doing his boots up, sun cream gloves hat etc and then he still gets lost on the way down. He doesn't come with us anymore............. Come to think of it I haven't seen him since that last in in 2002.........
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
<Humph voice>

Mouth, is your real name Samantha?

</Humph voice>
Mouth wrote:
IN fact I invariably beat the skiers off
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth,
Quote:

hence the reason I ride flows as quicker and easier and NO faffing

That's the reason I started this thread. I'm looking for a new pair of board bindings and considering flows, the main advantage being they're quick to get on - so no faffing. But then I factored in my faffing mates and realised I'd just be hanging about for them anyway so maybe flows are not the answer - but that's for another time.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Actually the King and Queen of Faff happen to be very good friends of ours. They're so good at faffing they can inter-faff passing objects backwards and forwards while doing up boots, jackets, applying a bit more cream, wiping goggles. It's quite fascinating to watch. Very Happy I have to admit to some faffing tendencies but since I got comfortable boots I'm a lot better now.
snow conditions
Stopping for a long lunch is a faff in my eyes - much worse than having short stops at the top/bottom of lifts.
latest report
ben wright, Puzzled I thought WE were up late boozing with YOU. Either way, boozing was done and much fun had by all - snowHead
latest report
Anniepen, no you lot definitely lead me astray wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy