Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Epic Ski Academy

Poster: A snowHead
WTFH, do you always take 2 pairs of skis on hols with you?

Just packing my stuff now for a short jaunt into Europe with my missus, and got 3 pairs in a double ski bag, its chuffing heavy!!

Regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I'll try to get some pics and video posted when I get back.

Oh no you wont, we have got to check them out first Laughing
Quote:

and don't forget to lock the mini bar in Linds' room

You are still banned from the red wine at The EOSB wink or was it the 7 lagers that you had before Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gregh wrote:
WTFH, do you always take 2 pairs of skis on hols with you?

Only if I'm going somewhere that warrants the fat skis, i.e. Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana...

I took them all the way to Wengen last year, and their only use was that a little boy staying in the same hotel as me wanted his picture taken with them, cause he thought they looked good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a good trip guys, enjoy the powder. Sad Maybe next year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
srobbo, thanks, we will!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh, and just in case any of you guys are checking in before the flight - in the last 24 hours, there's been...
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead
snowHead

(that's 38cm)

Sleeps to go? 0
Hey, I should have been in bed hours ago!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Slight correction to the figure above. For Friday the total snowfall was 43cm.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, I hope you are up by now Shocked You gotta come and get me in half an hour Very Happy snowHead
I am sure all the news/gossip and tales of us drowning in all this deep powder will get back to you all somehow rolling eyes Laughing
Can the last one out please switch off the lights, oops thats me isnt it Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oi!
Who turned out the lights?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Me Little Angel I was trying to save Admin a few bob while we are away by putting the lights off (its the Scottish in me wink )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Silence.........

isn't it beautiful?

Crying or Very sad I'm only jealous Crying or Very sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michelle, I agree. How long before they log on and start crowing? Razz
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mouth, I've had a text from Fox since that last post, saying:
Quote:
Flight ok. Just made it up the canyon last night before they closed it... Due to the heavy snow were were having....

Evil or Very Mad
I wonder if they've lost Linds yet?
(and I'm not sure if I mean in the snow or in the bar Laughing )
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, Must text Foxy. Am sure Linds is fine - she is in good company - I think! rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Text just in from Foxy

"36 inches since I arrived. Just going to the hot tub. Hope you are having as much fun as me?"
ski holidays
Glad the text wasn't from Linds Shocked
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, mmmm good point. Razz
snow conditions
***STOP PRESS***

THIS JUST IN...

??????

"She was here a moment ago! Just about here! Linds... where are you??"
ski holidays
Michelle, Laughing Laughing Her brand new yellow skis should be visible somewhere Laughing
latest report
Looks like I'm back first, but pretty jiggered as I only got home in the last couple of hours after just over a days travel. I'll try to put a better report together later in the week.

But a teaser, we now know that mrs lbt stands for "lower back trauma", lbt means "lost both teeth" and there's a snowHead now known as Butcher.

I also demo'd a wide ski in a futile attempt to wind up a fellow snowHead.

And by the way, it is worth the trip! snowHead
snow report
It wasn't too bad, was it, gang? Wink

It was great meeting so many of the snowHeads, and Foxy was kind enough to contribute a snowHeads calendar to yours truly.

I'm sorry I've been so scarce in these parts for a while, but easiski has encouraged my re-entrance. I'll probably stick to only a couple of forum areas, though. Wink

Loved meeting you all in Utah, and enjoyed the pow with you. I'm sorry I got to ski with so few of you (one of the "benefits" of handling the video duties), but hopefully we'll do it again.
latest report
ssh, good to see you back snowHead
ski holidays
slikedges, thanks! I've missed snowHeads and all of you!
latest report
ssh, most of the others are still there - they'll be back next Saturday. For me, it was just..........................brilliant wink

I was sorry I didn't get much chance to talk to you, but you're obviously one of the busy ones at the ESA's.
ski holidays
Don't ever be shy. I hope we'll see you at Aspen/Snowmass next year. I'm going to do my best to arrange to be a bit less busy!!! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
marc , poor Linds - hear that she hurt her ligaments in her ankle and only managed two days of Epic Sad
But she did
Quote:
Managed a whole run of deep powder today, brilliant
snowHead snowHead
latest report
Michelle, yeah, it wasn't the best time to get injured. I try to leave that to the last day Twisted Evil

Thankfully she had a confidence booster when she got to ski last friday on the runs she knew at Alta (which is why our group missed the meetup at Snowbasin with a load of other Epic posters) and she was really enjoying the runs at Deer Valley when I left her on Saturday. I think she'll have a good time trying out all the Salt Lake City resorts this week. She may even have a drink or two this week. wink
latest report
marc gledhill wrote:
She may even have a drink or two this week. wink

I can't believe that she would do that Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, yeah - not our Linds.... Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Photos
snow report
WTFH, you need to change your sig!

BTW, your photos will make people think it was actually sunny. You need to make clear that those were taken during the 30 (total!) minutes of sun we had during the week. It snowed the rest of the time... I'm figuring something like 5-7 feet in 5 days... Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Got home at about 3.30 this afternoon & managed to make last orders for some real beer. Gear's all away & Deb's already done my washing Very Happy . Feeling a bit rough as not slept for, well, I'm too knackered to work it out. Desperately trying to keep my eyes open for another couple of hours.

The Academy & the remainder of the two week trip was an absolute blast & budget permitting I'll make it next year to Snowmass, Aspen - hopefully with Deb as well.

lbt, hope you both got home ok. How's the dental work going?

marc, I've got your Leki poles & I'll see you at Castleford in a few weeks.

ssh, great to meet you Steve - hopefully we'll get a chance to ski our b5's together next year. BTW I had Steve Baggley put me on his Kimbell balancer. I'm +9cm which puts my Neox's about 1cm further forward than the 'forward' position & the b5's were awesome skiing the groomers this week. Also managed to find the odd secret powder stash & continued to perform really well, only limited by my off-groomer ability.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 12-02-06 22:34; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Here's the announcement thread for next year, for those who are ready to plan it! I'd love to meet more of you next year (and I didn't get nearly enough time to spend with those of you who came this year!).
snow conditions
ssh, yes, we need to make some turns next year!
snow conditions
Bit of a bump for the thread.

The plan seems to be coming together, more details here

Anyone else thinking about a jaunt over the pond?
latest report
marc gledhill, I'd love to Marc but too rich for me I'm afraid - unless you buy a ton of wax from me between now & then wink.

I'll certainly be doing a two-weeker when they return to Utah Cool
ski holidays
marc gledhill, Would love to go, but just bought a house so might be a bit strapped with the cash. Will re-assess nearer the time.
snow conditions
spyderjon wrote:
marc gledhill, I'd love to Marc but too rich for me I'm afraid - unless you buy a ton of wax from me between now & then wink.

I'll certainly be doing a two-weeker when they return to Utah Cool
Not a big difference in cost, spyderjon. I hope that things work out so you can make it. It's practically in my back yard this year!
ski holidays
ssh wrote:
Not a big difference in cost, spyderjon.....

That's the problem Steve. I reckon that I couldn't do the Aspen Snowmass week for less than £2k/$3.4k just for me, whereas Deb & I can both do a week at the Warren Smith Academy in Verbier for the same cost.

Hopefully I'll be back in a year or two, especially if the venue is Snowbird/Alta as a two week trip with the low cost SLC accomodation & all those other resorts to ski makes it reasonably cost effective.
ski holidays
spyderjon, looking at current flight prices, and without checking too much, it is about £1500 for flight/course/accomodation. So with car hire and food/booze on top you're probably about right on your budget.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy