Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Epic Ski Academy

Poster: A snowHead
A few people remarked recently that it may be worth looking toward forging connections between snowHeads and Epic Ski. Well here's what U might call a first, tentative step.
Epic have agreed to donate to snowHeads for every person we send them who signs up for their 2005 ski academy.
---------------------------------------------------
The Epic Ski Academy (ESA) is coming into its third year and comes highly recommended by a number of snowHeads. It's a ski clinic which prides itself on a high standard of instruction, happening in Big Sky Montana next season 23th/27th Jan 2005.
The main bulk of the info is here if you're interested,
There's a FAQ here or
You can go straight to the booking form here.

Don't forget to select 'snowHeads referral' against "I learned about EpicSki Academy through".

Go on - u know you're gonna ski better Wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 21-11-07 2:31; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well done admin. I have meant to visit Epic since it came back on-line, but just never got round to it. The Big Sky Montanna clinic is unfortunaltely at Anaesthetic Update time, but even so I would be worried: won't all the other guys be real whizzo skiers who will sneer at my pathetic efforts?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No. They welcome all standards. Fox should have some more info when he gets back. He's been to all of them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There have been skiers ranging from novice to expert at each ESA. The key characteristics of the ESA are the caliber of the instruction (literally the best that the US has to offer in terms of PSIA Examiner level or similar skills; some of the staff are members of the Ed committees. Really stellar instruction!) and the passion of the devotees. I think anyone who spends time here in snowHeads would fit right in there. I am planning to attend this year for the first time, but attended in spirit this past year. snowHead

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 9-08-05 20:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim and all Snowheads,

EpicSki Academy is for people who are serious about their skiing, regardless of ability level. We have instructors who excel at teaching anyone to ski better. The quality of coaching received a 4.9 out of 5 possible points in last year's participant survey, and 4.8 the year before.

Our mission is to create exceptional learning experiences by bringing great coaches and passionate students to big, uncrowded ski mountains with a history of tremendous snow conditions. We negotiate the best deals on lifts and lodging to keep the total trip costs very reasonable. Group size averages 4 people, which means some groups have 6 and some have 3. Groups tend to be smaller at the lower levels.

I am a coach and organizer of EpicSki Academy, and I hope to see you there in 2005! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The progress made by those of us at the lower skill level left the more advanced students in "gaper mode," when they saw us on the bump runs. Terrain that you may have once thought to be impossible will become doable.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What were Derek Hutchinson's words?
Quote:
"The inexperienced become courageous and the experienced learn finesse."
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That sums it up quite marvelously, comprex. I went into the first Academy being the most timid skier I knew. At the end of 4 days , I was almost frightened by my lack of fear, if that makes sense. But I was so excited by my new found confidence, that thhe rest of the season and the next one, I simply stopped skiing any really easy terrain.

That was a mistake, and at ESA 2, the instructors picked up on it right away. The second year involved adding finesse to my skills.

All in all, I really reccommend it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know Fox will be going, I'd love to go (if I can fill the Brownie Point Bag enough over the next few weeks).

Anyone else serious about it, as it would be good to travel as a group. Ten hours in a tin can on your own can't be much fun!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
marc gledhill, you just think of it as a drive home from work, listening to Radio 2 - the journey is much more pleasant if you've got Johnny Walker with you Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat, I only work one mile from home and the commutes about five minutes.

But I agree that the journey's more pleasant with a half bottle of Johnny Walker Going green
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
exaclty!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could always sing camp songs:
"A hundred bottles of beer on the wall
A hundred bottles of beer"......... NehNeh

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 30-07-04 16:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing I once got all the passengers on a bus doing a Mexican Wave for a good few minutes.

Now a 747 would be a challange, but..............
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marc gledhill, I would rise to that challenge. Well, rise and wave, then sit down again. Now, are you thinking of doing it front to back, or side to side? Or how about a variation, one row at a time, working its way back? snowHead
snow report
marc gledhill wrote:
Laughing I once got all the passengers on a bus doing a Mexican Wave for a good few minutes.

Now a 747 would be a challange, but..............

It would probably get you shot by some crazy gun toting air marshal thinking you were organising some sort of hijack Shocked
snow conditions
Is there a problem with the registration form. On both work and home pc's I can get to method of arrival - then an illegal operation popup arrives and the window shuts down. Happened half a dozen times now Puzzled
snow report
marc gledhill, it seems to work fine for me. i'll get someone to get in touch about it.
snow report
admin, Shocked wow, good service!
snow conditions
marc gledhill, sorry for the delay.

Check your PM
latest report
This looks really good- has anybody costed out the price including flights and accommodation? And more to the point, does anybody need a room share? (I think having to pay for single occupancy would take me way over budget.)
Also, what is the average age of participants? (I'm approaching a 'significant' birthday and feeling very sensitive about it!!)
ski holidays
Helena, I think Wear The Fox Hat is still looking for a roomy Wink
snow report
Helena, unless the "signficant" is either 10 or 100, you'll be ok. There are quite a few people in the 46+ age group, and some, who, like you, are about to turn 21.
I need to book my flights this month, but last time I checked it was around £350, as for the accomodation, there are some people on Epic looking for room shares.

If you do book, make sure you specify on the form that you heard about it from snowHeads!
Also, you've got a week to get the early booking discount!
snow report
Ok- so age is no problem- lets get on to ability. I have skied 5 weeks before, but not always been able to have lessons due to family committments. I get really frustrated with myself as I want to progress but am such a wimp!! Anything 'steep' (my interepretation of most reds!) and I'm zig zagging furiously to the point where i'm nearly sending myself up hill. Would this course sort me out or would I be the group entertainment?!!!
ps. The only thing in my favour is that I'm fit and I've got a good sense of humour- essential when you ski as badly as me!
snow conditions
Helena, I'm the group entertainment!
There are people who come who struggle on blues (at the start)
Two years ago, there was a group of ladies who started the Academy snowploughing slowly on greens, and by the 4th day, they were coming down reds with relative confidence.
Send a PM to Lisamer who is registered here - she can fill you in a bit more.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, thanks for that. i've been busy checking out the flights-where did you get your price from and where are you flying from / to. Also are you staying longer than the 4 days? Sorry about all the questions but I'm really interested now!
ps. whats a PM?
ski holidays
Private Message

Flights from London to Bozeman, using Trailfinders: 020 7937 5400
I will stay for at least a week - fly out on the Saturday, and back the following one, or maybe longer.
latest report
Helena,

I know of a very nice woman looking to share a room at ESA. Contact me at academy@epicski.com.

If you can enroll before Oct. 7, you can save $100 on the fee.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FWIW, although I have been quiet on snowHead since I started my new job last spring, I will be attending the ESA. I do hope that I get to meet a number of you there!
ski holidays
Good to see you back ssh, wondered where you'd got to Very Happy You mustn't let work get in the way of snowHeads snowHead
latest report
Cathy Coins, yeah, I know. Believe me, I know... rolling eyes

I've been out once (last Saturday to Copper Mountain). This weekend, I'm off to Loveland for demo days (see my thread in the Equipment forum if you'd like me to try to get on some particular skis for you).

Who is going to ESA? C'mon, ya'll, you have got to come visit me!
snow report
Loveland was great...

OK, folks, speak up! Who is coming across the pond to immerse themselves in a 4-day ski academy? You know you want to! snowHead
latest report
ssh, I'm still hopeful, but have to leave my booking 'till later. How is the ESA numbers wise? Are places filling up?
snow report
marc gledhill, the ESA is "full enough" but not yet completely full. So, there's still room. At some point, I suspect that they'll need to close the registrations just for planning purposes (Nolo? You out there?).

Keep in mind that the ESA deposit is $200, the room deposit is $99 (and refundable up to 30 days prior to arrival). Jump on it, ya'll!
latest report
And, don't forget, with the current exchange rate on the dollar getting closer and closer to $2 = £1, this is now becoming a very low cost learning experience!!!
ski holidays
We will take registrations as long as we have spaces. We still have room for snowHead
Remember that ESA donates $25 to this site for every SnowHead on board!
latest report
Today's money market report: "the dollar, under pressure from concerns about the massive U.S. current account deficit, hit a low around $1.3468 and a 12-year low against sterling beyond $1.95." What a deal for European travelers to the U.S.!
snow report
You may want to take a look at the new-and-improved information about the ESA here. I hope that many of you will be able to join us; I can't wait to rip it up with the crew at Big Sky!
snow report
Question to anyone, is there anything like the Epicski week held anywhere in Europe ? its just that 10 hr flight is a ball breaker for me.
latest report
It's a possibility, mick newby, which may happen in the couple of years.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy