Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

End Of March - Mid April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy,

can anyone advise what the snow conditions will be like in some of the resorts in Slovenia/Bulgaria or Andorra for the end of March, or firts couple of weeks in April 2007.

Im off to Meribel in Feb, but im looking at a cheap week end of season?

any ideas for a resort with snow would be great.

thanks guys

Dan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iceman_louis, lucky u getting away twice.

If I was planning on doing a late trip I would just wait and see where the best conditions are , then get a cheap deal. If you need to book now I would go for Pas in Andorra , relatively high and seems to have had good late season conditions for the last couple of years.

It probably has the best skiing out of the countries mentioned.

before somebody else adds this why not look to go on the EoSB http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14502 with other snowheads

Val Thorens , very high cheap flights to geneva and good company. I might even try it myself Razz
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go High, wait a little longer to see where the good deals appear, you still have several months before the cheap flights disappear. try to Avoid easter holiday periods (whenever they are in 07) as they can become crowded.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've become a creature of habit and now go to Val Thorens, second week of Easter, every year. Haven't found it too busy (except for queuing for ski gear on a Saturday afternoon, but with HappyMouffe's latest purchase this will no longer be necessary! snowHead)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
iceman_louis, any of the higher resorts should have reasonable snow, and every possibility of excellent snow. I've not found the crowds in Les Arcs to be too bad, even over the Easter holiday. If temperatures are higher than usual south-facing slopes can get very soft or slushy after lunch, so choose a resort where at least some of the slopes face north so you have somewhere to head to if the snow assumes to texture of elephant snot.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could always try heading out a few weeks later with the eosb. The only queing you will find there is at the bar Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sorry but it always makes me laugh when people ask what the conditions will be like at such and such time. Like anyone is going to know!

take a risk and book it, you could have amazing snow or it could be totally shite! either way its a week away!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Must admit I think it is a fair enough question. Lots of places enjoy good snow fairly reliably towards the end of the season because of their height North facing aspect and accumulation. Other places the snow is a bit more chancy may be good may be bad, but it is nothing like as reliable in the latter half of the season. I've no idea about the resorts in question though so cannot help with an answer Puzzled

Personally I would wait and see if there are any special offers as there often are late season.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Personally I would wait and see if there are any special offers as there often are late season

Strongly agree. One big argument for aiming at a low season period is being able to do precisely that. In the last week of March 2006 you would have been spoiled for choice - inundated with snow everywhere. The last week of March is a good deal more reliable for snow, statistically, than New Year when the lemmings head for the slopes.

A last minute deal in France or Austria is likely to give you much better ski-ing, and no more expensively, than a full price Bulgaria/Slovenia deal booked now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
iceman_louis,

Quote:
Im off to Meribel in Feb, but im looking at a cheap week end of season?

Last week of March and 1st 2 weeks of April are NOT going to be cheap tho - its the time the schools are out and Easter itself, - we are booked 31st March - 14th April, with 1 'high' a 1 'medium' season designation.

Light will be long, snow will be great and temp will be warmer than ususal. but prices will be their normal selves!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
iceman_louis, as wise JimW says: last week of March and first two weeks of April are not weeks for cheap skiing in the alps.
I don't know about Slovenai or Andorra, but my Bulgarian friends say Bulgaria is getting a bit dodgy by then.
Cheap skiing starts after Easter. If you want a cheap end-of-season deal wait until the third week of April, and join us at the EOSB.
Whereas December is often ghastly, April is always wonderful.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
iceman_louis, Not only is end March/early April Easter hols and therefore expensive; but it's hardly end of season. All the high resorts go on until the end of April anyway, and some stay open for the first week of May. March is high season wherever you go.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well I haven't tried in recent years as it is not so practical with the family but there always used to be a fair number of last minute deals going beginning of April even if it did coincide with the Easter holidays.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy