Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - a good hotel for just one night please

Poster: A snowHead
crosbie, the one time I used the bus it was direct from BSM to Val d'Isere. I used Autocars Martin for the bus, I don't know if there are any other bus operators.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah, you mean this isn't one of those "Turn up, and we'll probably have enough seats to fit you on - otherwise another will be along in an hour" kind of buses?

You can tell I've not taken the bus before...

So, I need to book/reserve seats well in advance?

Ok. Thanks for the link.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was quite some time ago when I used the bus, so it might be different now. I bought a ticket at the station then boarded the bus. Think of the service as being more like National Express coaches rather than the local bus which you catch into town.

I think that you can only book in advance by 7 days on that website, although I might be wrong.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim,

Without wishing to incur the wrath of the site (I feel a duck-and-cover move coming up)...

you could always try PG.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
crosbie, no need to worry about being patronising: I think your query quite sensible. But as far as I know the £29.50 fare is not a day return. I've never managed to get this fare, but have gone with the First Class "Leisure Select". Both fares are listed as "Non Flexible". Non flexible seems to come in 4 guises:
Midweek Day returnCompulsory same day return. Valid for travel Mondays to Fridays. Non-exchangeable, non-refundable.
Minimum one nightMinimum one night away. Non-exchangeable, non-refundable.
Saturday night awayCompulsory Saturday night away. Non-exchangeable, non-refundable.
Weekend Day return Compulsory same day return. Valid for travel on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. Non-exchangeable, non-refundable.

I note "Compulsory same day return" does feature, but I don't think it applies to this fare: I think its more the Non-exchangeable, Non-refundable that matters (hence non-flexible).

(It would have been a lot easier to link to the table on the Eurostar site, but the URL includes the word Eurostar, and the the automatic link to Eurostar kicks in and clobbers the link to the table - I bet there is an easy way round this, but I dont know it. I will ask the boffins)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I just visited Eurostar to create a Friday-Sunday 9 day return. £29.50 was offered for one of the outbound times.

So, it seems if you don't mind being told when to travel, you can indeed get a £60 period return.

Oh, and I used an HTML entity to get the URL. In both cases (URL and underlined text) I substituted the 'a' in Eurostar with [&][#][9][7][;], i.e. ampersand, hash, ninety seven, semi-colon (no brackets).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And I forgot to put http:// in my URL! Eurostar
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or, as the boffins have informed me, you can use HTML code for the link: <a href="url">link label</a>, and the Eurostar auto-link is defeated.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought you said that the Eur0star got autolinked even within the URL?

Seems to me you're going to need an entity character code to break the detection of the Eur0star string.

I note you appear to have used 4 such codes.

Let's see you insert a hyperlink to your timetable then... wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
crosbie, in responding to your challenge I have realised that the Boffins have (cruelly) deceived me, and simply using HTML for the link doesn't work: Sad ?
(I'll get my own back!)
So its back to ascii characters then: Fare Conditions Table.

Hey! Hold on there a minute! Now it does work!
It don't work in "preview", but it does work when actually posted.
Wierder and wierder.
It's tiime I went to bed.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The process of scanning posts and substituting Eur0star with Eurostar may not happen immediately after posting...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
But it was pretty immediate just then. Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim, The hotel in Aime which Mouth mentions on page 1 is to be found here Which if I recall correctly is quite near Aime railway station.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't PANIC, Don't PANIC Corporal Johnpim!..... I'm back!... Alive.... & in one piece.....! Very Happy

If you promise not to escape with my keys again, I will house you and your wayward children with pleasure - just as long as I can get my hands on a red carpet prior to your royal arrivals....... Toofy Grin Bring plenty GOODIES!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

escape with my keys again

Search him before he goes rolling eyes
ski holidays
BernardC saves the day! Top marks to that man Smile
snow report
Linds, The dogs kennel doesn't need keys...... Toofy Grin
snow report
Bernard, you're a saint. wink
ski holidays
BernardC, Laughing Laughing
latest report
Jonpim, This may have already been suggested and dismissed but I haven't read the whole thread (got bored around HTML discussions and gender assignment with Crosbie) anyway - Hotel Du Savoie or Terminus, both in Moutiers do one night stays and are right next to train station for trains or buses to BSM.
latest report
crosbie,

Have you tried http://www.chillchalet.com/ ..
ski holidays
Circumstances have conspired to force me to endure the ghastliness of Half Term Skiing (having carefully avioded it since last year).
The crowds! The prices! The airport scrum!
With two typical almost teenagers I'm going with Tracks Vacations, but the Easyjet flight is at 0730 (so have to get up in the middle of the night) and doesn't go until Sunday, which misses out on good skiing time.
So I've come up with the Master Plan:
Train out Friday night to Bourg.
Ski La Plagne Saturday.
Stay in La Plagne Saturday night
Bus up to La Rosiere Sunday morning.
Hence the title of this thread: I need a hotel for Saturday night: double room for Me and the Mrs and twin for the bratwursts.
Preferably with Bath/WC and near the centre of town.
Any ideas?
Indeed, will it be possible on February 10th?

PS we travel with lots of Guinness and a karioke machine

PPS wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, you could try La Petite Auberge in Bourg St Maurice, it's run by an English couple Rob and Becky, they have put up our guests for the odd night in the past. It's the hotel that the TGV crew uses so they are more used to single night bookings in the season than most other hotels in the area. If that's no good get back to us as there are a couple more options we could try.
latest report
David@traxvax, I am just havin' a laugh, trying to get BernardC, excited at the thought of giving me free board and lodge for the price of a karioke lesson. But thanks for your informative post anyway wink
snow report
.....all,.. please note lack of excitement.......... Toofy Grin
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, if you're into karaoke, then it's Arpims bar for you, they have some fine Johnny Halliday to sing along to, nothing like a bit of French pop as an aid to apre-ski!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy