Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Fitness Workouts

Poster: A snowHead
stocky, Please could you send me your workout? Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK, my BOSU arrived this morning, so I'd better get that workout started.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I picked up a BOSU (not the real McCoy) from TK Maxx for £6.99, I haven't got it out of the box yet to know if it is any good. Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
£6.99 Shocked Shocked Shocked

Do let us know if it's ok - I may go for a second one at that price.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno,

Let me know if it works as well, please
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
erica2004, if stocky hasn't already got in touch with you, you need to PM him your email address so he can send it to you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IncogSkiSno, I tried TKmaxx and they didn't have any at our store. I found mine on ebay.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I tookl my BOSU back to the shop. Half of it was missing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing

JT, will do wink

Helen Beaumont, Did you get a genuine BOSU, and how much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I tookl my BOSU back to the shop. Half of it was missing.

Did it go flat when you stood on it?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IncogSkiSno, mines not the real McCoy either, it's a Dyanso,and I paid £25. I still had that money in my ebay account from selling something else last week.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have just looked at my new piece of equipment, and it's a balance disk: http://www.incrediball.ca/qs/product/-1/2221/24584/0/0

Helen is yours more like the dome? http://www.incrediball.ca/qs/category/-1/1013/0/0
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just picked up my BOSU lookee likee but I won't be starting the plan until next Monday as I'm spending the next few days in a whirlwind of travelling and overindulging in food and wine! Mind you...I had a quick look at that workout and it looks scarily hard for an unfit, overweight, slightly the wrong side of 40 woman like me!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes .. OK for you female athletic goddesses but what does an aged git who hasn't trained for 8 months and who isn't allowed to lift his right arm above his shoulder do to get for for skiing? Sounds like rowing machine and cycle and crunches to me ?? Any of you got a routine you can pass on .. with seriously nothing above shoulder height?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eEvans, PM stocky, I am sure that even he can sort out your knackered ol' bod wink
snow report
eEvans wrote:
Any of you got a routine you can pass on .. with seriously nothing above shoulder height?

You mean no drinking? Shocked
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

You mean no drinking?

Put glass on table ... lower head .... slurp. Trick learnt on 15/1/2006
Raise shoulder to eye level ... attach mouth to glass... trick learnt 16/2/2006 snowHead

IncogSkiSno, Given the way you are hovering , I'm surprised you didn't describe me as 'carcass'. Shocked
latest report
eEvans wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

You mean no drinking?

Put glass on table ... lower head .... slurp. Trick learnt on 15/1/2006
Raise shoulder to eye level ... attach mouth to glass... trick learnt 16/2/2006 snowHead

Like this? Laughing
snow report
homphomp,
Quote:

Mind you...I had a quick look at that workout and it looks scarily hard for an unfit, overweight, slightly the wrong side of 40 woman like me!

If you or anyone else are having any problems with any portion of the workout then drop me a line and we can discuss any reservations you may have. All part of the service wink
snow conditions
eEvans wrote:
[b]IncogSkiSno, Given the way you are hovering , I'm surprised you didn't describe me as 'carcass'. Shocked

hmm too much meat to be described as a carcass Toofy Grin
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno wrote:
eEvans wrote:
[b]IncogSkiSno, Given the way you are hovering , I'm surprised you didn't describe me as 'carcass'. Shocked

hmm too much meat to be described as a carcass Toofy Grin

I never could spell 'buzzard' properly, always had problems with 2nd, 3rd and 4 th letters .. Toofy Grin
latest report
stocky, I'd like a copy please.
Am I doing something wrong by asking in this way only your e-mail is not on your post. What is PM?
Cheers friend.

Edited to remove email address.
snow conditions
skiday, If you look at the top of each page under the snowheads logo, there is a link that reads 'send/read messages' . If you click on it you can then send Stocky a message.First, click the new post butoon, then just put his usrename in the appropriate box. Make sure you can receive messages in you user profile to. I have removed your email as it may be spammed if it is on public view on the forum. That is why stocky's email isn't given.
ski holidays
I've just stumbled across these if it's of interest to anyone.

OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Just thought i'd bumpety bump this thread as a new one seems to have been started on Apres about firness. Again if anyone wants a copy of my workout then just drop me a PM with your email addy and I will send it to ya. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
PhillipStanton wrote:
I've just stumbled across these if it's of interest to anyone.

OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked

Bosu hops - a gym exercise with active risk of injury? I'll save that risk for the outdoors fun rolling eyes
snow conditions
I've been putting off exercising but now my BOSU has arrived - oh dear Shocked
latest report
Bad luck erica2004 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My son is chairman of Tavistock Young Farmers - they've just had a meeting here and someone has sprained their ankle falling off the BOSU. Yikes!
ski holidays
Hi, just wanted to revive one of the fitness threads.

I'm quite physically fit but am looking for some alternative training tips. I usually do quite a lot of running but my hip has been playing up a bit (I think I'm getting old peoples things happening to me - eeeeeeks) - been a bit sore, seems to be aggravated by running. I've been using cross-trainer/rower/bike/swimming instead but don't feel that I'm doing so as much using these.
ski holidays
hels_t, drop stocky a line, he'd be the fitness guru round here.
snow conditions
I haven't got Stokys workout info just yet - but my pre-ski workout follows for those that are interested -

1. Flexibility (at home) - A basic yoga workout is good (I try to do this every day, alghough I don't if I get home from work v late) - see B.K.S. Iyendag's book, Yoga. If you don't want to do the Yoga workout try hip flexor stretches, hamstring stretches, trunk flex/stretches and calf stretches. It takes about 45 mins to 1 hour to do a Yoga workout, and I think it's well worth spending the extra time on this as it gives you great muscle control and suppleness.

2. Balance and Co-ord (at home) - I use a jump (skipping) rope (30 mins per day unless I've done a serious CV workout on a spin bike same day) - Reebocks Batwing (Jump Rope) comes with a 'Jump Training' pamphlet that shows various techniques. I either do this first thing in the morning or after work. It's great exercise and when you first start with it, it gives you the very same leg pain you can get for the first 3 - 4 days of a ski trip if you don't get fit beforehand. Don't worry if you haven't done any skipping before as it doesn't take very long to learn how to!

3. Strength Building (at the gym) - leg press, calf raise, leg curl. Then (at home) I use a gymnastics ball for abdomenals and lower back strengh exercises.

4. Speed (at home) - Skipping use a single jump per revolution of the rope moving from side to side - It's called a 'Ski Jump' in Reebocks Jump Training Booklet.

5. Endurance (at the gym) - The best CV workout I've found is Spinning. If you've done it before you'll know what I mean - if not give it a go - take a big bottle of water and if poss' wear cycling shorts. If you can't get into a spinning class try an exercise bike program which lets you vary your heart rate. I try to do at least 3 classes/sessions a week.

Toofy Grin The great thing about my pre-season work up is that you can do most of it at home - you can get away with 3 visits a week to the gym. For those days that you're not in the gym the skipping gives you a good 30 min CV workout (or more if you like) as well as taking care of the speed, balance and co-ordination.

If anybody can spot any holes in this let me know.
snow report
PhillipStanton, then turn it the othe way up & try step ups onto that!
snow report
For all of you who have been doing my ski workouts I would be grateful if you could pass back any feedback for me. So far I have only had one person mail me any details (thanks Jenny) and would appreciate a few others doing the same. I mailed the workout to about 20 or so snowheads and would have expected a few more to at least mail back some info for me.

I look forward to hearing from you. wink
ski holidays
stocky, I did have a look at your workout, but so far I've been sticking to my own program with my own personal trainer, and doing a different core muscle program, so I've not got any real feedback for you I'm afraid.
latest report
Kramer, No problems. Thanks for letting me know.
snow conditions
stocky, ah. Yes. err.

Workouts; I'm still collating the requisite number of squashy things.

I'll let you know as soon as I get to try them out Embarassed
latest report
stocky,

My interior exercises are based around a ball but basically they worked very well at the PSB. I'll PM you in detail, Many thanks.
snow conditions
JT, Thanks. Will look forward to it.

marc gledhill, Yeah yeah, whatever wink
ski holidays
Erm, well, I've bought a BOSU looks-a-bit-like-it-but-cheaper thing and begged a swiss ball off my son (he doesn't use it).

But, like my cosmic twin marc gledhill,
Quote:

I'll let you know as soon as I get to try them out Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy