Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet winter flights now booking

Poster: A snowHead
They may not have sent the emails or changed the front page, but the easyjet website is now accepting bookings through to 31 March 2005.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They've sent the mails, I just got one.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In fact, got the mail and booked the flights. 200chf for two, return to East Midlands. For our yearly trip to to the UK.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It won't let me book Liverpool to Geneva !!! Evil or Very Mad
It says "route selected for sale until October 2004" I think they made a typo and should have put "After Oct 2004".

dummies

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 9-07-04 20:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
new Swiss law I'm afraid, we need proof that you're not going to stop here otherwise we'd be overun with scousers Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
calm down calm down eh eh.
I fly regularly to Zurich and always leave quickly....with a bag full of hub cabs! Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow, there are some real bargains - not.

If you want to go at the Feb half term it is £420.98 per person from Gatwick to Geneva. That's real handy for a family of 5. Glad that they're so cheap!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a quick scan at that route as well. They R taking the p1ss. time to have a look at lastminute.com I think (even worse !)
I wonder what the chances are of thumbing a lift.
We've booked accommodation only for next season. If SleazyJet prices are that bad, it would have been cheaper to go through a normal agent.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sarge, Ray Zorro, Doesn't bode well for the other "Low cost airlines". Wonder what Flybe from Soton to Chambéry will be. Alternatively check out Ryanair to St Etienne, prices seem to range from £130 to £160 return + tax for an adult around that period. For a family of 5 a car rental might be a viable option - it's an extra hour's drive up to the likes of Tignes/Les Arcs etc from St Et. as compared to Lyon or Geneva.

For some reason can't get the Easyjet site to give the rates for Stansted/Lyon for Feb next year - only listed up to October at the moment.....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nothing odd about the Gatwick route, it costs just the same for the dates I'm travelling to East Midlands. It's hardly unreasonable to charge more for half term, they are running a business, the flights will be full presumably.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sarge wrote:
It won't let me book Liverpool to Geneva !!! Evil or Very Mad
It says "route selected for sale until October 2004" I think they made a typo and should have put "After Oct 2004".

dummies

Same note comes up for Luton - Zurich. What does it mean?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sarge, snowball, they're staggering the sale of flights, so you can only book on certain routes. The Liverpool & Luton based ones will come on sale later this week/start of next. If you click on the news item on the homepage regarding seat sale, it explains all this rolling eyes

The message you get means that you can only book flights until Oct 2004, and not beyond.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
While getting cheesed off with not being able to book LP - Gen, I tried LGW - Geneva on Sunday 13th Feb, just 2 check if the system was working. The first priced flight was ~£111. Looked again 2day out of interest and it was ~£89.
I may be mistaken, but please if you've booked already, go in and see if I'm right.
Maybe with such high demand they inflate the very early bookers because they know we are desperate to get that flight.
I may look at a late Sat 12th flight and an airport hotel, but these are not known for being cheap either.
Train perhaps. Sad
Why didn't I take up chess instead of bloody skiing ? Aarghhhh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eujet from manston (canterbury) to Geneva are much cheaper (still only £121.19 return for half term week), but only flight out is at 6:10 on the Saturday morning.

BA would also be cheaper than Easyjet, (and more so if the flights were booked at the earliest chance).

I'm not actually going to do this anyway as we're going over New Year, but I was just looking for interest.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good news - One other to try - Flybe is back with winter services from Southampton to Chambery (from £44) and also a new route to Geneva (from £49). Some Sunday departures and Tue and Thu to Chambery as well as w/ends.

More Good News - Easyjet won't weigh one piece of carry on baggage as long as it's dimensions are less than 55x40x20. So your boots can now go in the overhead lockers.

Bad news - Ryanair's strategy is to eventually eliminate all checked baggage and even check-in desks. On the way to this, they are currently giving only 15kgs checked bags allowance and a whopping £4.5 / kg excess charge. Next it will probably be £50 per bag checked. Then carry on bags up to 10kg only. see here (registration required) - Daily Torygraph archive
snow report
That is bad news - I wondered what they were up to, having seen something on this a while back, but clearly their policy is to cater for the "overwhelming majority" of weekend fliers, people travelling for just a few days. So it doesn't look as if they are going to revive the old Buzz wintersports routes of Chambéry and Grenoble anytime soon!

Edit: I particularly liked the comment from the Ryanair spokesman at the end of the article....
Quote:
Mr O'Leary, who prides himself on a robust approach to customer service, professed a personal preference for travelling light.

"I could go away for a week and not need much more than a toiletries bag," he said. "Instead of packing a hair-drier, why not buy one when you get there?"

What do you do with it for the trip back? Throw it away?! Or if you do manage to squeeze it in hand luggage for the journey home, a frequent flier could end up with fifty plus hair-driers a year. I suppose he/she could start up a little sideline in used hair-driers.

Typical Ryanair logic. rolling eyes Confused
snow report
Bad news for snowHeads hoping to use Ryanair but not necessarily all bad. If Easyjet, Flybe, Bmibaby and the others decide to offer something different (and some at least are definitely heading that way) leaving Ryanair catering for the hand bags only brigade, we could even get some good deals. Variety is the spice of life - total uniformity of the low cost airlines would be more dangerous.
ski holidays
Has anyone discovered how to actually book yet? I can't get passed "route selected for sale until October 2004".
Ryanair's b*llocks hand luggage policy aside, if I were to book to Pisa what are my nearest (and more importantly) highest resorts?
What other Ryanair destinations are of use to us?
snow conditions
In France, Pau or Perpignan for the Pyrenees, St Etienne for the Alps - at a pinch.
ski holidays
Thanks and what sort of transfer times are we looking at PG?
latest report
Peter,
Looks like a lot of us were stumped with that message. It means that they are only taking booking on your selected route for departures up to October 2004. I agree it's a bit of a misleading comment. I phoned them and they explained that the winter schedules for some routes aren't out yet.
Maybe they can measure the demand for the route and price accordingly ! ?
latest report
Peter Leuzzi, No idea on transfer times, but the likes of Pau is between 60 and 80 miles from some of the main Pyrenean resorts, Perpignan about the same distance to, say, Font Romeu.

St Etienne is a fair bit further, it takes me maybe 2.5 hours to drive from Bourg St Maurice (approx 150 miles). But there are some very cheap deals there because it's not really recognised as a ski resort airport.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy