Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accomodation in Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

6 of us are going to Meribel in January and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any of the apartments there. Last year 5 of us went to Tignes and the apartment we had was quite cramped (I think some of us wanted to murder each other as a result!), so I'm really after something that doesn't require two of us to sleep in the living area. If anyone could recommend any operators apart from Direct Ski I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Richard
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads riksweeney, . If you are travelling DIY, rather than with a TO, you might do better to get information from the Meribel Tourist Office. If you book a whole apartment you normally pay for the apartment, not per person. You will need to be aware that the quoted bed capacity ALWAYS involves people sleeping in the living area and you are quite right that this is not a formula for a good holiday. If there are 6 of you you would presumably need an apartment with three "chambres" (ie bedrooms) which will probably be advertised as sleeping 8. If you go to a bigger apartment through a TO you will have to pay under-occupancy. On the other hand, with French rentals you generally need to take, or hire, your own linen/towels.

The more recently built properties will be roomier - but having said that I rented quite an elderly apartment in Mottaret some years ago which was excellent, because we discounted the so-called double sofa bed. That was through the Tourist Office link, but pre-internet days, I just telephoned them (I think you'll find they speak good English).

If you haven't checked out the Erna Low site, it is worth a look for apartment rentals, with sensible descriptions - they will advise you if you speak to them by phone and some of the properties they use are the more up to date, roomier, places with facilities like pools.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most of the flats I know of for rent are pretty cramped and if there are 6 of you will involve bunking up and sleeping in the living room. I have heard of a few people getting pretty good last minute deals on catered chalets that are both comfortable and good value for money, especially if you arrange the transportation & flights yourself. I know it'll work out more expensive than a self-catering flat but if you end up eating out most meals in a place like Meribel you'll probably end up spending more anyway. As far as individual sites/operators are concerned, I can't recommend anything as I have family in town I always stay with and so have never actually booked anything. Mottaret is generally cheaper with better access to the slopes. It lost out a bit on nightlife but it is expending every year in that area and there's plenty of apres ski to keep you busy as well as a free navette (bus) service to and from Meribel proper (be warned though, it doesn't go all night and taxis are far from cheap!).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy