Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

disabled skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Guys,

Sending a pm is easy.

Click on "send/read messages."
Click on "new post"
Click on "find a username" (same line as username)
In the new window type any of the first few letters of the recipients name followed by * e.g. for donzo112, type in do*
Click on "search".
In the new box that appears below, click on the down arrow and scroll down until you find the name you want.
Click on it and then click on "select"
Then you have the recipients name in the right box.

Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssh wrote:
If you have contributed to snowHeads, you can click the title under a person's name and that gets you to the PM. Alternatively, simply type it into the PM "To:" field.

I've contributed to snowHead, but if I click say "moderator" under you name it doesn't take me to the PM screen!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am sorry for leaving it this late to reply but as one of you had previously mentioned, I am not a regular visitor to this site but it was always my intention to let you know how we got on.We went To livigno with a group of friends in mid march. We had arranged 2 hours private tuition each day with Giacomo from inverno estate ski school and made contact with Alessanro Paleri who arranged hire of a mono ski. Paul's first lesson went very well and he succeeded in skiing a blue slope without falling. His progress continued very quickly and by day four he was at the top of the mountain and tackling red slopes. By the end of the week he was tackling and coping with quite easily, red slopes and all the different types of lifts and would have tried a black run if I would have let him. (I had to leave him on the red slopes with my brother because I could'nt watch, he was going that fast.) It was a fantastic holiday and was much enjoyed by all, especially my son Paul. This would have not been possible without the help of all the contributors at snowheads, especially little tiger who always came up trumps. THANKS

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great news donzo112, are you and Paul looking for more skiing next year as well? It's a very addictive sport Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
donzo112 wrote:
I am sorry for leaving it this late to reply but as one of you had previously mentioned, I am not a regular visitor to this site but it was always my intention to let you know how we got on.We went To livigno with a group of friends in mid march. We had arranged 2 hours private tuition each day with Giacomo from inverno estate ski school and made contact with Alessanro Paleri who arranged hire of a mono ski. Paul's first lesson went very well and he succeeded in skiing a blue slope without falling. His progress continued very quickly and by day four he was at the top of the mountain and tackling red slopes. By the end of the week he was tackling and coping with quite easily, red slopes and all the different types of lifts and would have tried a black run if I would have let him. (I had to leave him on the red slopes with my brother because I could'nt watch, he was going that fast.) It was a fantastic holiday and was much enjoyed by all, especially my son Paul. This would have not been possible without the help of all the contributors at snowheads, especially little tiger who always came up trumps. THANKS

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thats AWESOME!!

So glad to hear it all worked out so well...

Does this mean we have a future potential paralympian to watch? Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A rare good news story this morning. This has brought an inner warmth to us alldonzo112, Many thanks for getting back to us.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry for jumping in but some interesting stuff, Yves Matthelin, mountain guide and instructor, disabled heliskiing in Russia.

http://www.tvmountain.com/mathelin/russie.htm
http://www.dualski.com/v-heliski.htm - video disabled skiing Russia
http://www.dualski.com/v-vallee_blanche.htm - tandem descent of the Vallee Blanche

if you are based in Cham you may have seen Yves skiing at les Grands Montets. He was severely injured on the Aiguille du Midi while on a training exercise with the Chamonix PGHM in 1989. An accident described in Blaise Agresti's book In-Extremis.

Yves created the first disabled skiing body for France, Ski Assis Evasion, following his accident. If you come to France, in particular Chamonix, it may be worth contacting this body.

Some even continue their touring career after a severe accident

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I dont know how much is talk and how much is true but his instructor advised him that If he got his own mono ski and put in enough practice he was good enough to be Irelands first paralympic competitor in Vancouver. Unfortunately we can't practice till the winter. We have an artificial slope here in Dublin but unfortunately it's not accessible.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
donzo112 wrote:
I dont know how much is talk and how much is true but his instructor advised him that If he got his own mono ski and put in enough practice he was good enough to be Irelands first paralympic competitor in Vancouver. Unfortunately we can't practice till the winter. We have an artificial slope here in Dublin but unfortunately it's not accessible.

you could head to Les Deux Alpes in the summer - glacier skiing perfect for summer race training
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
petemillis wrote:
ssh wrote:
If you have contributed to snowHeads, you can click the title under a person's name and that gets you to the PM. Alternatively, simply type it into the PM "To:" field.

I've contributed to snowHead, but if I click say "moderator" under you name it doesn't take me to the PM screen!
Not sure why that's the case. Check in with admin...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
donzo112, If you do want to come here for a spot of summer training the esf have sitskis and several trained instructors. PM me if you want and help. Also it may be possible to try race training with Pierre-alain to see if he likes gates - Ireland's first Paralympic skier - that would be really something. Well done Paul, keep it up. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK

if Donzo's son wants to try for this what sort of support can we get from members?

He will need a sitski of his own...

Any ideas?

C'mon folks
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Best bet is to speak to the uphill ski club, they should be able to help and advise. I have a couple of friends who are involved in it, if you need contact names.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry, I'm still stuck using the old name, but here's the link:

http://www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat,

I believe they are the folks who could not help him originally ....
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, Since he is in Eire it would seem that he's not eligible. I think it's an excellent idea to see if any snowheads are interested in supporting Paul. Very Happy
ski holidays
Sorry if it's already been mentioned. Worth a call to Christian.
http://www.christianxavier.com/
Chris used to work for Ellis Brigham, but now runs his own ski shop in Harrogate - He is also an experienced skier and used to coach special needs skiers who in fact attained an Olympic gold.
snow conditions
easiski wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, Since he is in Eire it would seem that he's not eligible. I think it's an excellent idea to see if any snowheads are interested in supporting Paul. Very Happy

Yeah and I suddenly had a thought...

I had one ski left over from a pair that became a single and that was donated to the sitski/singletrack guys back home.... remember that if you have a ski that is Ok but its buddy has departed, those that use only 1 ski can often use these ....

If Paul cannot use them then I'm sure we could find them a good home in a disabled program somewhere..
snow report
little tiger wrote:
easiski wrote:

Yeah and I suddenly had a thought...

I had one ski left over from a pair that became a single and that was donated to the sitski/singletrack guys back home.... remember that if you have a ski that is Ok but its buddy has departed, those that use only 1 ski can often use these ....

If Paul cannot use them then I'm sure we could find them a good home in a disabled program somewhere..

Or anyone who bought atomic triplets.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy