Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapie Ryanair flight

Poster: A snowHead
Just booked a cheap flight for myself and my partner from Glasgow Prestwick to Milan with Ryanair for weekend skiing at the end of January. 1p each way including tax and baggage - £64.

Because its Ryanair, we are going to put our ski boots in a big bag each along with our ski stuff - just need to make sure its all under 15kg each!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jb1970, where will you ski? I have some flights to Milan and still haven't made up my mind where to go Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, Probably Gressoney which is in Vallee d Aosta or maybe try somewhere near Milan. When are you going?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970, between Christmas and New Year, so am thinking of staying in a big town like Aosta where accommodation may be easier to find for that busy period. I am resigned to the prospect of maybe having to travel a bit each day.

There's been some threads on resorts near Milan if you need any other ideas.

I went to Foppolo from Milan last year, but it was a bit small and too many drag-lifts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro, Pila is another place that we have thought of.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jb1970, Pila would be very doable (as would La Thuile if the lure of La Rosiere proves to be too strong)

Other options are here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=17585&highlight=marc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro, Right thats it. Outside NOW wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
J2Dave's website should be quite useful http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Milan.html
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just make sure you check carefully if you use J2ski.com. It says Andorra is easily accessible from Nice airport - Via Michelin gives the journey time to Pas de la Casa as 6 and a half hours!

Which resort do you think is being described here?

Excellent for Expert Skiers.
Fantastic for Intermediate Skiers.
Good for Beginners.
Fantastic for Snowboarding.

wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jb1970, if you fancy trying a relatively small area with no Brits for a day I'd recommend Champrocher. More day glow suits and long skinny skis there than i've ever seen. Cheap lift pass/food and good fun though.

We stayed there for a weekend last year, found hotel by searching on new - think it was called Chardonney? Good value as well. Skiied La Thuile on the Saturday (45 mins drive away i think) then Champrocher on the Sunday as was closer for the drive back to Milan. I guess on LyinAir you'll be flying to/from Bergamo which is unfortunatley the far side of Milan from all the Aosta resorts.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jb1970, if you're paying for the baggage then i think that you may find that you can now take up to 20kgs. - i'm sure ryanair would call this a justification for the charge !
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
doogo, it is the other way around, they have reduced the allowance Confused .

This from flights booked a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:

The checked baggage allowance is 20kg per person (15Kg per person for all passengers travelling from 1st November 2006 onwards).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roger C, Been to Champorcher many times - a small, but wonderful area. Nice, simple food in the mountain restaurants too.

doogo, Ray Zorro, I've already noted that change in baggage allowance. We are taking a big holdall thing each and will put ski boots, ski clothes and everything else in.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Our club is going to the Aosta valley in February (from Boston & New York). You can get a bus from airport to main train station in Milan and the train to Aosta (we are chartering a bus).

Pila is the local resort (Aosta) and you can get a bus to a lot of other resorts. We did it two years ago but stayed in Courmayeur. You can Ski six resourts, in four days, in three different countries (Italy, France & Switzerland), in sight of the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc. We have a lot of info and links on our web site abut the trip:
http://www.theworldtour.org/Feb_07_Aosta_Italy.html

snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Buses aren't the most frequent and they aren't like Swiss by being so co-ordinated.. Get a timetable first
latest report
I thought Ryanair had always been 15kg, it certainly was when we flew with them last Summer to Bergamo, before the introduction of the checked baggage charge.
ski holidays
jb1970 - I can't offer advice on resorts, sorry, but having been to Bergamo three times now I'd offer one piece of advice:

Take a portable sat nav with you. Borrow one from a friend if you have to.

Getting onto the motorway from the airport is far from obvious. And getting from the motorway back to the airport... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

No invading army could ever overrun that part of Italy - everything is signposted too badly.
latest report

jb1970, did you sort out where you are going yet?

I have just been looking. It wasn't particularly easy finding a 3-bed room for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year, but I have just managed to book Hotel plan bois in Pila.

Looking forward to that now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Ray Zorro, Not yet, but have a few options.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy