Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

parking near Geneva airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a long shot but we are thinking about maybe keeping a car close to Geneva airport (swiss side) to save on extortionate car hire charges several times a year. Obviously need to cost it, but part of that exercise includes the cost of accessible parking (if such a thing exists).
Perhaps there could be a snowHead car (yes, legalities, ownership, permission, insurance, liability all rear their ugly heads).
Any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No ideas, poma, but will be watching this thread with interest, as the same thought had occurred to me. I suspect it would be very expensive, but possibly a lot cheaper on the French side - the area round the French side looks much lower rent (Lidl etc and that huge car wash lot). For me, with an apartment in France, the French side makes more sense anyway, but probably not for someone who is going to be staying in Switzerland. We have friends who keep an old car near one of the Dordogne airports, can't remember the name. He rings up the garage, they check battery and tyres, and he does the short taxi ride. Costs very little. I suspect you could find the same sort of deal near Chambery but there are not nearly so many flights as into Geneva. A Snowhead car would probably not be competitive with the big car hire firms - they have economies of scale and a highly competitive market. For us, we would be using the car around 4 months of the year, in total. It would definitely not be economically for a couple of short trips; the depreciation alone would buy you quite a bit of car hire.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A friend used to park his car at Lyon airport on a long term basis. He said that there was a maximum fee at the car park, so it didn't matter if he parked for a few days or a few weeks. No idea what the maixmum fee was.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
long term parking within the airport seems to work out at about £5 a day which probably isn't too bad for what it is. rob@rar.org.uk, thanks for suggestion about max. fee - I will give them a ring and see if there is one or if they will do a deal - will report back.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy