Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fall Line Gear Guide out on 20th September(ish)

Poster: A snowHead
Sharkymark wrote:
Not in Brizzle either...yet

10 years time...Brizzle and the IOW will catch up Toofy Grin one backward place to another....... wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If I were to travel from Brizzle to the IOW, I'd choose a backward car...hmmm, now let me see...a Monjaguar would do the trick Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sharkymark, coff!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, NehNeh Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Careful Sharkymark, there's another resident of the Isle just popped up in The Piste, is that both skiers from the island signed up to snowHead now??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier, They will be related in several way for sure. (many fathers are also brothers on the Isle)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I MANAGED TO GET INTO THE MAG!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well, there's a photo of my ski next to the fattest pontoons you've ever seen...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sharkymark, it's ok i have called the publisher and they are going to recall all issuses for censoring Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sharkymark, did you mean to say......JAG
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, I want 15 mins of fame...you've given me precisely 2 Evil or Very Mad

Frosty the Snowman, a freudulent slip Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not in Newcastle today.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sharkymark, what page is the piccie mate?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sharkymark,

Hope you take a good pic...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Yes, we can do that ting. Do you wish to flog them or merely gaze, harumph and point out where we've said 'carbon' instead of 'Creme Brulee'? Depends on the quantity, see.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fallliner, I'd just like a copy for the shop, gives our clients something to read and i understand your guide has some weight. Would be handy for me to consider your opinions for when i do my buying in January. Cheers.

Will you be around for the Clinic at Lockwoods? Would be nice to talk and meet up?
latest report
fallliner, got mine a coiple of days ago- definitely an improved look to last year. Gear guide is excellent as well - and the special paper you promised for lavatory reading is superb.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, remind me when the Lockwoods fit-up is?
Happily send a couple of copies out - let me know the address or I could send them to Lockwoods to pick up. We print the gear stuff on special paper so it's unusual for it to have any weight to it...

Ah, Monday 23 October. One day I'll read something thoroughly... Should be around.
latest report
Got mine today from the newsagent... just browsed so far but it looks a good read.
ski holidays
Still having problems getting a copy - nothing in Newcastle or Washington again today. Is it abit like SCGB - it doesnt come North of Watford ?

fallliner is it possible to buy a copy direct from yourselves ?
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, got mine in WHS metro centre at about 16:00 today.
latest report
Julian bought the Daily Mail one today, so i guess it wasn't in WHSmith Durham either.
snow report
Smokin Joe, http://www.fall-lineskiing.co.uk/skisubscribe.htm
snow report
Helen Beaumont, I got that and was disappointed with it. Not a lot of new content, it did not take long to read.
snow conditions
I too got the Daily Mail one and was not overly impressed. Fall-line seems to have alot more content with a big spread on Alberta and Courmayer (sorry about the spelling but I couldnt be bothered to look it up Puzzled ) Now if I could just find somewhere to practice that zero spin Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Success today in Newcastle - what page is the sharkster on ?

Did everyone see the voucher for the snowdome ???
latest report
I just finished reading the mag and it's a good read. I have only one problem with it.
The Mini write up. Are you serious? its a piece of crap and a chicks car at that.
fallliner, hope they paid you well for that advert.
latest report
Sadly, despite my best efforts, we don't get any money from Mini. We do from Beemer, but it's a separate account. You'll be delighted to hear that on the strength of that feature I just got a call from their PR people who want us to take a convertible somewhere very cold without ever putting the hood up. Sounds utterly pointless so watch out for a feature soon. Anyone got a large portable snow vacuum cleaner?
latest report
Smokin Joe, read the small print Toofy Grin...there's a pic of one of my skis next to some ironing boards on p17 (I think) of the gear guide...

Fallliner, was impressed by this issue; clearly a lot of thought went into it. I though the gear guide was excellent, including all the bits about ski construction. Nice one Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fallliner, still want to know if there's any way of acquiring this in Switzerland Sad
snow report
fallliner wrote:
...I just got a call from their PR people who want us to take a convertible somewhere very cold without ever putting the hood up. Sounds utterly pointless...

I'm doing the season on Morzine this year. A convertible mini with the roof down all season would be, well..., seriously utterly pointlesss...

It would certainly separate the men from the boys on the "weather proof interior" front.

Give me a shout if you're interested fallliner Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
fallliner, Just got my copy from WHS in Bath and immediately checked out the revues. Great job! Are there other instructors out there who love the Zag La Rouge, or was I it? Very Happy Also interesting to note the comments on the Ninthward Compte which were very much inline with the Snowheads testing at the EOSB.
ski holidays
...and the Scott Aztec Pro snowHead
snow report
Don't forget, there's a piccie of me in the next issue. If anyone wants to take their copies, I'll be signing autographs on it at the EOSB 07 for a small fee Wink
ski holidays
Dear Mr fallliner, please don't forget a certain individual who won a year's sub. to the mag. at Eosb 2006. This individual apart from being a great skier (er, sometimes) a noble sort (unless there's a competion involved) and a true exponent of the art of apres, very much enjoyed your Vin Chaud, especially as up until a certain moment of enlightenment he thought it was coffee (a coffee urn for the smart back bottoms amongst the brethren). He also bunged a substantial amount into the raffle, on the basis it was sort of a sub and so so was over the moon to win something, although this was tempered by das Scouser winning das skis.
ski holidays
Just got mine today from WHS Guildford. Was the last one in the shop...although possibly only Shocked as it had a delivery note on the bag with "1 of 1" printed on it. Bad luck all you other Guildfordians Twisted Evil . Now I've finished servicing my skis for the race tomorrow I can finally get off to bed with it and a glass of malt.
ski holidays
GrahamN, There are plenty available in the Kingston branch though.

I thought the magazine was excellent.

My only quibble is it could have given scores for the items like gloves and backpacks - rather than just descriptions.

I had a look at the Daily Mail Ski magazine which tested less than 30 skis. There is not much in it. It is definitely a magazine to read in the shop itself.
snow report
Nickski, Drop me a pm with address etc and I'll make sure you're on da list.

Eng_ch - send me your address via pm - I can send one for trial porpoises - if you then like, you can set up a sub via the website.

Easiski - the Le Rouge did have another instructor fan (plus positive hearsay about others using them via the Zag deal for instructors), but your comments were adapted for the write-up. Same with the Comte. Both your sets of comments were bang in line with other findings but much more nicely written...
latest report
fallliner, you have a PM Smile
snow report
Picked up a copy on WHS Leicester today. Some great photos and articles. Also liked the gear guide reviews, particularly the B2 review "Still one of the best all mountain skis out there" Toofy Grin (and who cares about the graphics?) Smile

Axsettes were happy with the Burnin luv and Lotta luv comments also Very Happy
ski holidays
fallliner, Kind words from a wordsmith! Good to know I'm not the only one. Especially with the sad news about Zag.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy