Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fall Line Gear Guide out on 20th September(ish)

Poster: A snowHead
Haven't been around for while - been a bit head down getting the mags ready for next season.
Anyhow, the mighty Gear Guide - 100 pages, based on reviews including the Val Thorens End of Season Bash - will be included as a freebie with the first issue of Fall Line Skiing out in a couple of weeks or so.

As far as we know it's the first time full tests on every ski available in the UK, plus every boot, plus a choice selection of jackets, pants, lids, packs, poles etc has been gathered in one place.

The Fall Line Ski of the Year will be in the issue after that, out in time for the ski shows.

Lots to argue with, though scanning the Castleford test thread it doesn't look too out of kilter with this. I said 'not TOO...' - there are a couple of findings we raise our collective eyebrow at...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fallliner wrote:
As far as we know it's the first time full tests on every ski available in the UK, plus every boot, plus a choice selection of jackets, pants, lids, packs, poles etc has been gathered in one place.

Sounds good to me. A useful alternative to the 'Snow and Rock' and 'Ellis Brigham' catalogues. I will definitely buy a copy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fallliner, I recently subscribed to the mag so when should the first issue hit my doormat? I got the 'YEARBOOK' dvd when I subscribed. A cracking watch, loved every minute of it. (Especially Sarah Burke in the nurses outfit) wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where is it sold?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fallliner, that's my toilet reading sorted, then. wink I got a helmet for a big head with my subscription. Most generous. And my three year old has loved wearing it whilst riding his tricycle around the house...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, I've got a two-year-old who likes nothing better than climbing into my ski lid and bouncing around in it. I'm sure it'll be fine...

Sold? Ah yes, generally in most bigger newsagents and WHS. And your local ski shop, or most of them. It'll be more widely available this year, according to our distributors. You can always order it from a newsagent or better still, subscribe and get some sort of gift as a bribe.

Rainman, I'm honoured you read it on the lav. We print the back section on special paper for you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fallliner, thank you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shall have to get a copy of that.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
falliner ,ive lost last years copy of the vastawards cd ,do you have any spare copies ,it was a wicked cd,i dont even mind if i have to pay ,regards gary
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fallliner, that was the deciding factor in the subscription. Love that special paper.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fallliner wrote:
......As far as we know it's the first time full tests on every ski available in the UK, plus every boot, plus a choice selection of jackets, pants, lids, packs, poles etc has been gathered in one place....

fallliner, Boots are such an individual selection so how can they be 'tested'?

Anyway, everyone knows that the best boots are orange wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fallliner, would this be the Sept or October edition? Just got confirmation of my sub today, and says the october issue will be my 1st?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can you still subscribe and get the DVD??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Damn, must read this more frequently...

In some sort of order (from the bottom up) - I think we have a couple of DVDs left - email susan@fall-line.co.uk and say you want a DVD and by some complicated magic - ie she'll wander over and say 'why are you making my life awkward' and I'll apologise and you'll get a DVD. Probably.

Re September/October mix-up - as you may know, September is actually October in the world of publishing, so you'll get the issue that's out in September but is cover-dated October. Makes it look like we're very advanced.

Re boot testing: yes, you are right. So what we do is tell everyone, quite a lot, that the best boot is the one that fits them and is the right flex, and they won't know that until they go and try a few on. But this is a review rather than a test just so everyone can see what's on offer. And then buy an orange one....

And yes, we have some VAST DVDs left. Anyone want one, drop me a pm with a postal address. Also some Nike DVDs too.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fallliner, when are you going to update your website? Laughing
ski holidays
I have the Nike Dvd and have to say its pretty good for a free dvd.
snow report
It's being done as you ask... Probably about a month away from any meaningful result, but you'll be the very first to hear, promise
ski holidays
I''ll subscribe
snow report
Charlatanefc - I think that pic of you clutching your Eliminators is in the next issue of Fall Line. Ah, just checked, the one after.
latest report
Charlatanefc as a centrefold, whatever next Shocked
ski holidays
More like penfold
snow conditions
fallliner, the royalties on the way as well? Wink

FenlandSkier, hmm, I would have thought that picture of you in that dress would have been more of a centrefold thing Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
Is there any way of acquiring this edition from Switzerland? Or would I have to rely on some friendly UK resident to get it and post it on for me?
ski holidays
Just had the issue into the office, and subscriber copies should be out too. Let me know your thoughts - we've made a few tweaks...
ski holidays
landed on my doorstep first thing this morning. haven't had a chance to read it yet though.
ski holidays
fallliner wrote:
Charlatanefc - I think that pic of you clutching your Eliminators is in the next issue of Fall Line. Ah, just checked, the one after.
What more of an incentive do you want to subscribe ?! Wink
snow conditions
fallliner, got home with eager anticipation, opened the door and... nothing Puzzled

Lets just hope the postie forgot it today and it will be with me tomorrow.
latest report
fallliner, Got my copy this morning. This is the first time I have read it and I think it's very good, a bit different from other mags I've read - a good variety of stories and nice pics. I liked the focus on UK ski clubs.

The gear guide was fab and well laid out, in particular I liked the "What's in a Ski?" and "Category Differences" sections. I'm a bit behind on the categories of skis (was all slalom and GS skis in my day). Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had a quick scan through mine last night and it looks as though things have definately improved from last year. The gear guide loks good too. Nice one fallliner Toofy Grin
latest report
Excellent, a small amount of positive feedback. I'll print them out, cut through the internet connection and retire.

Since it's now sort of in the public domain, we can reveal that we've decided to simplify the ski categories from the 11 we were presented with at the UK test at Pila to four. Piste, all-mountain, big mountain and freestyle/jib. And to be honest, most freestyle skis are OK as all-mountain tools too.

The plan is to make the point that you can pretty well ski anywhere on a lot of the skis available. It came to me in a blinding flash at the EOSB when we laid out all the skis to be tested in traditional format ie by manufacturer. The next day we laid them out from thinnest to fattest and far more skis were tested, with just the mighty Pontoons languishing against the rail.

It made them look more accessible, and our understanding from chatting to all sorts of folk over the last couple of years is that people are put off from buying kit in part by the complexity of what's on offer. By saying that any ski in the all-mountain category will pretty well let you ski wherever you want within reason, it means we can buy with a lot more confidence that the kit we're on will work wherever we are.
ski holidays
fallliner, Any chance i can get a copy for the Shop? Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow conditions
fallliner, I'm getting jealous now - how can I get a copy here in CH?
ski holidays
fallliner, Just read it up and it's been a great help, I now will have a short list of ski's I want to try at the PSB.
snow conditions
fallliner, Really like it, the pieces on Adelboden and Courmayer are excellent. I really like the detailed descriptions of how to get to the terrain. Enables me to justify keeping a huge pile of back issues cluttering up the place.

I need a delayed train to get through the gear guide but it looks pretty comprehensive.

I'm worried about the two guys who went to Verbier and were fascinated by the sign saying "Gland". I've always found the one pointing to the town of "Biere" more captivating.
snow report
Is this in WHS yet ???
snow conditions
Smokin Joe,

any day now, I think....hope..!!

I heard the 20th was the release date tho' I might be wrong
ski holidays
JT, I'm in Newcastle tomorrow - I'll have a look then.
snow report
Smokin Joe, went to WHS metro centre today - not in.
snow conditions
lampbus, I'll let you know about town tomorrow.
ski holidays
Not in Brizzle either...yet
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy