Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs Doubles its snow making capability

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snow making in les Arcs
Pistehors reports that Les Arcs is adding snow making to over 9km more of its pistes for this coming season. Half of this up in Arcs 2000 and the rest spread between Arcs 1600 and 1800....More at Pistehors
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This should help Les Arcs a lot - especially on the "getting home" routes which can get a bit crowded and worn at times

This Summer I saw that they were putting mores lances up the "sources" piste which is the blue into 1600 which will considerably relieve the pressure on Cachette as a way back to the Funicular

Over in 2000 they are also building a new lift parralel to Plagnettes which will help with getting across to 1800 from 2000
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kieran wrote:
Over in 2000 they are also building a new lift parralel to Plagnettes which will help with getting across to 1800 from 2000

Photos of the installation of the new lift can be seen in this thread (in French). The Plagnette chairlift has been shortened so that it only serves the steeper terrain at the back of the Arc 2000 valley (ie Teppes, Plagnettes, Tuffes, Stade) and doesn't involve the boring flat ride back to the chairlift. The new lift, Arcabulle, runs parrallel to where Plagnettes used to be, but in a slightly different position. The Bosses drag lift has also been removed, because the shortened Plagnette lift now does the same job.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latest photos of the installation of the new lift at Arc 2000 here.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that Rob - I was wondering where Arcabulle was going to start from!

And Shortening Plagnettes will make a big difference for those powder days when you only want the 1st Km or so from the top, especially as Bosses has been closed these past few winters.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar.org.uk, SO do you know were the Plagnettes lift starts from ? I seem to remember skiing down from a small peak about 1/2 way along ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski, the new Plagnette chair will start from where the terrain starts to flatten out. It will serve the red pistes of Teppes, Plagnettes, Tuffes and Stade, plus all the terrain in between. It means that you won't have to take the long, flat blue piste nearly all the way back to Arc 2000 to catch the chair back up (although the new Arcabulle keeps this as an option for those people who like long, flat blues Smile).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk, was there an old tow that served that exact area. I saw it last year but it wasn't running.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marc gledhill, the Bosses draglift. It's been removed this year. It didn't seem to run that often from what I saw of it, maybe only when the Stade piste was being used for training or a competition?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Plenty of new snow cannons at Les Arcs for this season, but will they have enough water to work with if the problems highlighted in this this report aren't resolved? The resort development plan sees the creation of a new articficial lake above Arc 2000 which will be used as a water supply for the extended network of snow cannons, but planning permission and other problems seem to be hindering progress with the snow-making capacity.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy