Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is snofall like around crimbo in Courchevel 1850???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been many times in March, but never near the start of the season - what can I expect???

A
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
keep fingers crossed...

been in 3Vs over crimbo/NY a few times and there usually seems to be a good dump sometime then!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skied in Courchevel at Christmas lots of times. There's always been enough snow for a good proportion of the ski area to be open, even in years when the snow has been late arriving. Courchevel has a fairly extensive network of cannons and has a very good reputation for snow management.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It wasn't great in Feb last year, but this is unusual. Have known it green up to the 23rd Dec! Fingers crossed. I think we are due for a good year this year. It was superb after the last heatwave summer.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
adam_button, I couldn't tell you what it was like last year let alone in 1850! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fnar !!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
depends on the weather wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
adam_button, I agree with rob@rar.org.uk, . There is snow makiing should the snow fail to arrive but historically it has been ok. Have spent more xmass in the area than I can remember and apart from one awful year back in late 80's it has been fine.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
adam_button wrote:
Been many times in March, but never near the start of the season - what can I expect???

A

Depends, I took this video on the premiere neige weekend in 2002 - a typical year - and was able to ski all the couloirs on the Courchevel side of the Saulire that day although there were a couple of rocks poking through.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6899310442266137156

The snow was fine to 1850 and you could have skied lower. In 2003 only the Saulire pistes were skiable but it came good for Christmas. Normally things are okay by mid-December. Last year the Savoie didn't have great snow until February but again most places were skiable by mid-Dec.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ecellent! thanks for that, loved the vid.

Really looking forward to getting back there, only 13 weeks to go!

A
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy