Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where wouldn't you go back to?

Poster: A snowHead
For me its got to be Foppolo, unless on a pub crawl then that's different ;-) hey Roger C?

My reasoning:

limited skiing

terrible bottle neck into home base

and limited skiing!

[/i]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ENGLAND! Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wengen. Really liked the place, but needs the ski areas linking IMO
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Milton Keynes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Passo Tonale

Been twice. Good Value, but skiing was pretty boring by the end of week 2.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
La Plagne -wide motorway pistes sometime with no gradient involving poling. That said if I stayed in Les Arcs or Vallandry I could be tempted across for a day. I think the vanoise express is good for La Plagne do the Les arcs afficiandos go across much to La Plagne
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dan100 wrote:
do the Les arcs afficiandos go across much to La Plagne

Yes I go across quite often. I particularly like th area around Champagny, and Bellecote. One day I might even make it as far as the snowHeads community in Montalbert! I agree that there are more flat spots in La Plagne than I'd like, although once you get to know where they are I think it's possible to avoid most of them. Although I think boarders might disagree with me Wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Purely due to the fact that I've been more than once and there are so many other places to go, I doubt I'll go back to the 3Vs or EK.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Val D'Isere, though I would go back to Tignes.
Kaprun - the high skiing is a right chew to get to.

IMHO La Plagne has something for everyone, and a bit of local knowledge goes a long way.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nowhere. Honestly. If there's snow - I'll go snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marc gledhill, ON THE NOSE SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marc gledhill, True, but given the option of you choosing where to go....
I would go back to Kaprun if it was very cheap.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
marc gledhill,
Quote:

Nowhere. Honestly. If there's snow - I'll go

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill wrote:
Nowhere. Honestly. If there's snow - I'll go snowHead

I think that's that my attitude as well. So far I've not been anywhere where I would go back to. I'll even go back to Milton Keynes at some point.

FtS's point about local knowledge is important IMO. Knowing a ski resort well means you can take advantage of all the best bits it has to offer - the run through the tress which keeps fresh powder long after everywhere else is skied out, the lift queue bottleknecks that you can avoid, knowing a good guide or instructor to hire for the day, the best runs when the weather is bad, bad restaurants to avoid, etc, etc.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This thread Very Happy
ski holidays
Bulgaria! Never, ever again Laughing
snow report
There's nowhere I wouldn't go back to but there are so many places I've yet to ski that it may take me a while to revisit. Having said that I've done Chamonix 4 times now so probably won't go back for some considerable time (sorry SZK). Smile
latest report
I must be in the same camp as if there's snow. despite my comments about LP I could be tempted across. ITs more a case there are other places I'd like to go back to or other places I'd like to visit more. If someone gave me a choice of a guaranteed week in La Plagne this year or take my chances in my negotiations with the Mrs, I know which I'd take. Anyone would think in the europhoria of our little baby girl she'd be softening her stance. (Bet I go)
snow report
ben wright, well played sir!

I think I am the champion at starting threads that have already had t-shirts printed for them.
snow conditions
La Rosiere. I read today it was rubbish wink Laughing
latest report
Club Med at Alpe D'huez. Resort was fine, but accommodation..... Sad Ditto 'Le Flocon D'or' at Les 2Alpes - apartments were the pits. Les2Alpes is great though and would happily ski there again.
ski holidays
Alpe D'Huez - we had a crap hotel, the resort was full of a**holes and it rained all week Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marc gledhill, says it pretty much for me. That said, I'd be a bit loathe to book Fernie again. I hear it's fantastic when the snow' good. But the time I went, the lower slopes were turning to slush in January Shocked Nice friendly town, though. I rather gather Whistler can be crook, at times, too. Long flights and jet-lag for a risky holiday doesn't appeal, but I'm getting old and cranky. Just about the only North American resort that tempts me from sticking to Europe again is Jackson Hole.
latest report
 brian
brian
AxsMan, we stayed at the Cortina residence in L2A this summer and it was a superb apartment. Probably pricy in winter high season though. It's rented out by the L2A lift company, Deux Alpes Loisirs. Their website is www.2alpes.com
snow conditions
brian, Cheers will take a look. Already booked for Tignes (Christmas) and Les Arcs (Easter) so thinking about somewhere for Late Jan/early Feb.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

La Rosiere. I read today it was rubbish

LOL
latest report
Mrs johnboy,

I would still go back if we got a good deal. We just had rubbish conditions.
ski holidays
johnboy, meetMrs johnboy,
Conversations are allowed about skiing offline as well wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tremblant - far far too expensive £2000 for a weeks skiing is hefty, not many varied runs, lift pass expensive, hire shop woefully inadequate.

In their defence the food was plentiful n cheap and ski shop down in town (Daniel Lachance Ski Service) was ace - wax and coffee (not on the skis obviously) $12 and done in 2 mins!!!!

A
ski holidays
Cervinia... dull, dull, dull and ladies toilets leave a lot to be desired, terrible lift system, terrible cable cars, terrible steps.
snow conditions
T Bar,

Not in our house. The family call me a ski bore
snow report
Tahoe Donner. Very limited. There's really no point to it with so many better places so close.
ski holidays
laundryman,

Where is that?
latest report
johnboy, near Truckee, California (about 20 miles north of Lake Tahoe).
latest report
laundryman wrote:
Tahoe Donner.

Is that a ski resort or a kebab shop?
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, I did see some nasty accidents involving ski poles. Laughing
latest report
Anniepen wrote:
Bulgaria! Never, ever again Laughing

Why not Bulgaria. Bansko is the tops. Puzzled

Val Cool
ski holidays
Wouldn't go back to Pas de la Casa in Andorra. Top was regularly shut off. Also too much walking up hill to get to lifts.

Val Cool
ski holidays
[quote="Frosty the Snowman"]Val D'Isere, though I would go back to Tignes.[quote]

How can anyone NOT love Val ´d' Isere. Except for all the frenchmen, I find it to be fantastic!
snow conditions
Have been lucky and there is no where I have been that I would not return to BUT I am now a devoted fan of Bansko, BG Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy