Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I love Arinsal, going back for the third time in January next year, Some areas of the resort are really pretty and everyones friendly, its cheap and good value. Cleaner than Pas imho
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michael B wrote:
I'm there 27th Jan-3rd Feb. Last year there was about 3m of snow just before and during our stay. See the Snow Media Zone for pics.
If you want any specific advice just ask. I've done the whole thing to Pas by myself not through a tour op so I think I've got all the gen you need. I've especially got a good contact for self catering in Pas. 500 eur for the week in a biggish apartment for 4.
The good thing about Pas is that there are lots of shops IF you get someone who hates skiing. (As if).

Perhaps not hating skiing but I was in Pas last year with a broken collar bone. told to stay off the slopes (and made to by friends and stupid ex stealing my locker key so i couldnt diregard doctors orders and ski anyway, yep skiing with a broken collar bone. I would have tried it!)

So, I was stuck in Pas banned from the slopes for almost a week. I didnt get bored. I was in the hotel on the pc for a bit. made a fair few posts on here that week!

The bars are great and mostly empty during the day as everyones on slopes. I got to know a couple of bar staff and owners and some great people and had a laugh anyway.

There s also a virgin record HMV type store. I had taken my portable DVD player for the long coach trip. SO i managed to buy some DVDs out there and watch them. (they had english options)

The shops are great. cheap gear (I bought a new ski jacket to cheer myself up.........yeah a new ski jacket that I couldnt wear for a year. It turned up it didnt cheer me up much!

I recommbed Andorra.
I have been to a few resorts around the world but I have only ever gone back two 2 resorts. First was arninsal when I first started skiing about 8 years ago and this year will be my second trip in a row to Pas.

Hope that helps people?!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 15-01-08 20:23; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arcalis is a ski area rather than a resort. It probably is the best ski area in Andorra but you'd get bored there after a day or two, because it's really not that big
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
and we all know size matters Wink

Thats why I like Pas as you get the 3 slopes etc.
Arinsals [retty good aswell because once you get bored with that slope you can go over to the nex village and ski there. its at least twice the size or arinsal.

Pas is great but It can feel a bit open and caotic at times.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Neil, I remember dodging the beginners on the red back into resort every afternoon! Chaos!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee, yes I remember that well. Just as people get their confidence on the 2nd or 3rd day, you end up running the gauntlet of snowplough turns and flailing arms snowHead Laughing
and that's just me and the instructors Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michael B,

Michael, looking for accomadation in pasa in february, i note from one of your posts you have a good contact for self catering apartments. please advise
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ricardo14972, Send an email to Geraldine at immodelpas@andorra.ad (she speaks perfect English.) We are staying at the Grizzli Apartments right by the lifts, just across the road in fact. I think they deal with a number of places. Just say what you want and they will send costs and pictures. Warning: the pics are big sometimes so if you are on dial-up be patient. If you can get Grizzli I'd go for there.
Good luck Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stayed in both pas and soldeu with my family (3 girls aged 5,9,11) and would highly recomend the latter for all round ski experience.nice easy ski for beginners,tree lined and nice varied slopes, good ski school,family friendly apres,nice pocket friendly dinning and the locals seem to be very welcoming. would not take family back to pas de la cas,but may go back in adult group as enjoyed some good off piste very close to pisted areas.lastly good snow in both areas in mid/ late march.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy