Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria @ Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Would St. Anton be a sensible choice for a week over February half term? For us that's 19-23, so we'd go on the 17th. I was considering St. Anton - apparently it's quite pretty and the skiing's not to shabby.

We've been to Italy a lot lately, and France always seems to be over-loaded with bad British skiers for my liking. I've only been to Austria once before (Westendorf), and that was in a rather warm March in 1992ish.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Even though I haven't been, it certainly is known as a fantastic ski resort. I have been to Austria once before in Feb. half term and the crowds weren't that bad. I certainly imagine that there will be less English and French people in St Anton than at the same time in on of the big french resorts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hyweljenkins,
Expect that week to be busy in Austria as well I think it is Fasching. We were planning to go to Austria that week (either Lech or Ischgl) but found it difficult to get self catering accommodation and have ended up in Switzerland.

St A is not a really pretty resort by Austrian standards, not ugly or anything but nothing special to look at. The skiing is really superb though throughout the Arlberg well worth going to. St A will not be devoid of Brits (or Scandinavians) snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HI

get booked up quick, it is Fasching week and we were booked up in February this year! You don't want to go to St Anton to avoid the Brits, you should come to our valley - hearing another English voice on the slopes is rare!

Deb
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hyweljenkins wrote:
Would St. Anton be a sensible choice for a week over February half term? For us that's 19-23, so we'd go on the 17th.

I bloody hope so, as we're going then. It is getting booked up, 'tho'; we couldn't get our first choice hotel when I booked about a month ago, but didn't have too many probs finding a reasonably central one. Cheap flights are a bit of a non starter at this stage, but I imagine that you have that covered.

We were in Kitzbuhel for HT this year and last, and it was fine, not that that is much help.

I wouldn't call St anton pretty.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy