Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Something I thought I would never say...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
veeeight, What do you learn testing skis indoors? I have tried it and only really got a feel for skis with or without radical sidecuts. I left feeling that i really had to get them on a real slope to get any other feed back. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rjs wrote:
veeeight, Current slalom technique doesn't use much pressure change along the length of the ski. We don't "work the skis" anymore.

Pah. Beg to differ. Although there is less extremes, you still start by engaging the tips and finishing on the tail. I coach, and I do not condone park and ride.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
veeeight, I'm with you on that one, but then i don't ski slalom or do i teach, so i'll b@gger off!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Foxy, I ski'd the Eliminators in 170 indoors yesterday. It was a complete waste of time, it really only started to perform near the bottom of the slope once I got some speed up. Being a mid fat - it took 3 years to go from edge to edge (compared with 66 underfoot) so it felt sluggish. It felt totally different to when I ski'd this same ski on a mountain. See CEM's post in the Eliminator thread.

I was having this discussion with one of the BASI trainers yesterday, and we both agreed that in real life, we'd only start to make turns once we got to the sort of speeds at the bottom of the indoor slope!

SMALLZOOKEEPER, It eliminates the skis I *definitely* don't want to test on a mountain, cos they felt crap indoors wink But you're right, you need to test skis (esp. higher performance skis) outdoors.

As someone said on another forum, it's like test driving a Ferrari in a car park.

edit: I was thinking about this soft tail business last night, and thinking that the Fischer RC4 WC SL and the Head iSL WC RD have stiff tails that accelerate you out of the turn, wondered if it was a French/Austrian difference? Although I didn't get a chance to ski the LAB version, maybe that's got better flex characteristics.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy