Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

zell am zee, austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
wanting to join friends in Zell am Zee in Feb 07 but they are staying Grand Hotel - any suggestions for a hotel close by but not quite so expensive. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
greggsie, welcome to snowHeads.

I stayed in one a couple of years ago....almost directly opposite the Grand. I can't remember what it was called though rolling eyes

Will find out and get back to you soon!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
greggsie, hi, I stayed in the 'Gruner Baum'. http://www.gruener-baum.at/hotel-e.html about five years ago - I'd go back there ! Its closer to the main gondola than the Grand but still in the middle of the pedestrianised part of town.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
greggsie, The Grand is also about as close to the railway as you can get !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd also say the Gruener Baum or the Fischerwirt next door to it. There's also the Hotel Traube close by. The latter is cheaper but have heard people dissapointed by it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for the replies
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
greggsie, Have you tried the tourist office? Most are pretty good at supplying details of the hotels with a map of where they are situated.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
greggsie wrote:
thanks for the replies
lampbus, is the Grand a bad choice re: location? another couple may be joining us & they have a small child, so they will probably be looking for somehwere that has a pool or something so that the little one can find things to do. We went to Niederau last year & the hotel had good facilites but not too expensive, so we could all sit in the bar etc. without feeling the pinch. rolling eyes
thanks for the info. it all helps
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
greggsie, Zell fills up an 'aluvial fan' that sticks out into the lake - The Grand Hotel is at the tip on it's own little peninsular. The railway runs along the side of the lake and the tracks pass in front of the Hotel. I cannot say if tiis is a problem as I havnt stayed there but it is about as far frm the mountain as you can get (although Zell is a very small town )
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's about a 10- 15 min walk from the Grand to the lift from the centre of Zell (city express) or 10 mins to the bus stop that takes you up to the Schmittenhoehe cable car. In high season there is a bus directly from the Grand to the lifts (free with your lift pass), or the Grand run a taxi service I think, which you have to pay for. It's a great location though, very close to the centre, near to the shops, bars and restaurants without being right on top of it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
greggsie,

We stayed in the Grand in March and walked to the slopes. It's uphill, but it's not that bad. Noise from Railway is not a problem. Our room faced the railway on one side and ne never heard a thing at night despite the goods trains.

The bar in the Grand is a very relaxing place to spend some time before dinner.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy