Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Resort for taking babies

Poster: A snowHead
We're going skiing with another couple in January for one week in Europe.

We each have a child of approx 9 months.

Any suggestions as to the best resort or even better the best hotel with nannying facilities in Europe?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jack Hallam, if you want all day care then you'd probably be best off going with one of the main family operators - ski esprit and the like, who take fully qualified british nannies.

i stayed here one year and it was great, but they only provided a nanny in the mornings.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jack Hallam, We have used Crystal childcare which has been good - but for two year olds and up.

For babies you may want to go with an operator that has more private transfers - sitting at the airport waiting for another flight to come in is no fun with a baby.

We have gone to Les Gets and Morzine which has fitted the bill for us.

I think there is something about not taking under ones above a certain height (2000m?) as they can find the height a problem - but I am sure someone wil post on that and make sure I am right
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jack Hallam, check out all the tour operator brochures to see if they are child friendly etc relating to your chosen resort
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I dont have any children but I have heard good reports about Mark Warner childcare services. They do Baby and Toddler 4 mths - 2yrs, Mini Club: 3 - 5 years and a kids Club: 6 - 12. Different rates dependant upon age group. Been on a MW holiday in Chalaet Hotel Dahu in Courchevel last year, everyone seemed very happy with the level of childcare service. Happy kids happy parents!
Last years brochure:
Childcare x 6 days.
9:00am - 5:30pm
£285 pw on top of holiday cost. Not certain of this years fees though.

Seperate dining arrangements high tea or early evening meals kept everyone happy.
Due to popularity, you'll need to book early though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chrisb, It is not the height that is the problem but the journey up as you climb altitude.

Take it easy and give the baby a bottle to suck on so it can swallow. We plan to spend 6 weeks with our 10 week old at 1350m and have done ALL the research believe me! Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth, 6 weeks! K will retire before she's old enough to work with that amount of babysitting. Toofy Grin
Thinking about it, if your there for 6 weeks I can think of a couple of restauranteurs who will be able to afford early retirement as well Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If I remember correctly aircraft are pressurised to the equivalent of 1600m or so. Babies ascend far more rapidly than they do in cars to resorts so I don't think the ascent should cause any real problems.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ooops...mis-read that as "Best resort for making babies" Shocked Embarassed

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 3-09-06 13:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hoppo, Your not the only one. Every six seconds they say.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks very much for the advice
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jack Hallam, firstly i'll apologise cause i dont mean to promote my chalet but this is exactly why i wanted to open a chalet.

We have everything here for young children, travel cot, high chair, steriliser, bed gaurd, 3 wheel buggy and age specific car seats. Having had problems in the past with my youngest on ski hoidays having to have her on my lap on the transfer and not having the specific things needed at the hotel/chalet i thought it would be a great idea to have everything here. So we do!

In Chantermerle there is an excellent creche and the lady there speaks english too. My daughter still goes there on sundays and i throughroly recomend it.

if you want to know more send me a pm
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been a few times with Ski Esprit (got to know of them when I worked in Villars years ago) and I think they work incredibly hard to make sure evrything is as the parents would wish. The attitude of the staff is spot-on, even though understandably many are quite young they have very strict rules about staff behaviour.

With regard to resorts, I've holidayed with them to Kaprun, Scheffau and Neustift. All involved a bit of travelling around the resort – par for the course with Austria - and perhaps not ideal if you want to meet up with your baby at lunchtimes etc. Nontheless with a 9-month old you'll probably leave with the nannies first thing and then just come back at tea time. The two Austrian resorts I didn't try (with them) are Obergurgl and St Anton.

They also seem to do nice day-time flights which suit us (though I know some people prefer to fly at odd-times to avoid traffic etc.

We've generally stayed in their hotels (prefer the extra privacy), but all the chalets I've seen have been very nice and v. professionally run with excellent food.

They do a number of other resorts/countries so there's plenty to choose from.

Avoid holiday and particularly half term times obviously which get very busy/expensive. Good luck.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jack Hallam, My daughter was born in Grenoble and came up the ADH (1850m) a few days later, just go slowly as Mouth says and make sure she can swallow to help her ears pop, going down you need to take even more slowly, we were recommended to stop every few bends but she was really only tiny then!

Mark warner have a good reputation here, I know that LEs Gets has excellent facilities along with Morzine but at a price!
snow report
Montalbert is a good resort for making babies.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, says who?! You've been reading too many snowHead threads!! Toofy Grin
snow report
Don't go. Wait til they're older so they can enjoy it too.
snow report
Val, Shocked Shocked and you call yourself a snowHead !! We are thoroughly looking forward to taking our 3 month old this season!
ski holidays
Quote:

Don't go. Wait til they're older so they can enjoy it too.

Don't go with them surely! Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy