Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Streetracer 8

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a few ski test last year I found that I realy enjoyed the Streetracer 8. (I know the SR 8 was not a new ski for last year) but I found the ease in which it turned and how 'nimble' it fealt fantastic.

What brand of ski for this season is in a similar mold to it?

I am strictly a piste skier so was wondering should be my first choice of hire ski this season if I cant get the SR 8.

155 ish in length
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Renry, Usually a few pairs for sale on E-bay Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin wrote:
Renry, Usually a few pairs for sale on E-bay Very Happy

I am after alternatives to hire thanks BS, I am one of those people who will never buy a pair of skis.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Renry wrote:
I am after alternatives to hire thanks BS, I am one of those people who will never buy a pair of skis.

I said that a while ago Very Happy If you really like them why not buy a pair? Guarenteed you'll get what you want, no queuing in the ski hire shop... precious things to fondle during the summer wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The streetracer 8 is a ok off piste ski as well ,i brought a pair from decathlon last year for £199 and didnt expect to use them off piste a lot but conditions were good off piste up here in scotland in march and april and i was very surprised how good off piste they are -all the write ups claim they where not suitable for off piste but maybe as they are softer than the 10s they are more all round ski.Unless i drive i always hire now in France as it gives you brand new top of the range skis which if you get the gold package you can swop up to 3 times a week- however if you ski in scotland buy your own as its far easier and cheaper than renting come to the cairngorm ski club sale in november and you will pick up 2 year old skis for very little money as there is a very limited market for 2nd hand skis.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All good points but I am dead against buying my own skis.
I can put up with pre hireing them and just having to have them fitted to my boots in resort.

I was just wondering what will be the nearst type of ski to a SR 8 should they not be available.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Salomon have bought out a new streetracer 8, apparantly they are a little stiffer than last year which will help its performance.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy