Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go on, have a laugh...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
spyderjon, what do you mean?

Any anyway, they aren't Flexions, they're Kryptons Wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wear The Fox Hat, just saw this thread and your skiing has come on tremendously from the two videos but as others have commented you lack a range of up down flex and extend motion which causes a "park and ride" style of skiing. your lazy pole plants dont help and i would like to see slightly more aggression in your skiing, you are almost trying to be too smooth and still.....

but for me the main element that holds your skiing back is a real lack of seperation of your upper and lower body. Your shoulders dont move at all and just follow the path of the skis. I would have you work on a lot of Braquage drills to improve your upper and lower body seperation, also i would like to see more angulation at the hips , think about trying to pinch your lowest rib to you hip at the outside of your turns. if you want to improve try working on very short radius turns keeping your shoulders at right angles to the fall line and actively moving up and down during the turns.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, thanks for the comments. Not sure about Braquage, sounds like a big word for pivot slips! Wink Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat, same thing different continent wink

another few drills which may help is to:

ski quickly across a small mogul field and really absorb the bumps by letting your knees feel like they are hitting your chest and driving the ski tips agressively downwards down the back of the mogul.

poles held out in front of you "tea tray" position make short radius turns and try to keep the poles and shoulders square to the fall line.

have fun.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy