Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

when's best time to go to Lake Louise, Canada?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
when's best time to go to Lake Louise, Canada?

Also what's it like, how many mountains?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
5pm on the first thursday of the month. There is only one mountain- its called Louise. It has 2 runs down and a nursery slope. But you can swim in the thermal waters of the lake. Razz
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The best time is mid/late Feb to mid/late March.

It gets low snow which accumulates slowly.

Excellent place.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
buzz55,

I went to Lake Louise on 29th November 2004 for 10 days. On arrival about 2/3 was open. All was open by the end of my trip. I also skied Sunshine which was 100% open.

It was a honeymoon trip. I chose LL as it has one of the earliest opening days. They hold the first World Cup race of the season there the same weekend of my arrival.

Probably the most beautifal place I have ever skied. 4000 acres in LL. But is comparison to an average Europen Resort, not that big. No crowds though.

If you have to go early season like I did, it is the place to go. If not March is probably the best. Can be ver cold in January.

In November it was typically -12C
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
buzz55, not many reviews on your website......
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
buzz55,

Last half of March. Earlier in the season it can get bitterly cold. By March, spring conditions are starting to kick in. By the end of March/beginning of April, the lower slopes can be getting pretty slushy, but you'll find good conditions at the top of LL and Sunshine.

You have two large ski areas at Lake Louise (45 minute bus ride from Banff - the best place to stay) and at Sunshine Village (20 min from Banff). There's also a small local hill (Mt. Norquay) at Banff, and you can get day trips to Nakiska/Fortress (between Banff & Calgary - about 1.5hr), Kicking Horse (2.5-5 hr) or Panorama (2.5-3hr)

Also, there's usually at least one good dump during this period, so you've a good chance of getting some awesome powder. (One of the best days I ever had at Nakiska in March, a few years ago).

You have all types of terrain from the dead easy to the sickeningly vertiginous.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies, any specific good run's to go for?

As to the person about reviews on my website, yes I know - post some... I will even pay for posts to build it up!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look...

Lake Louise is almost closed until mid-Jan. Dead. The Backside? Rocky.

No snow. Worse than the Alps.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 31-08-06 20:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
telski,

What u on about?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The snow is really bad until January at Lake Louise.

There are a few snowmaking runs on the fron side -- but otherwise it's rock city on the back...and that's the best.

The Back Bowls are the best thing about Lake Louise. And they are generally unskiable until mid-Jan.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agree with Telski - they may open in November but can still be very ropey away from the snowmaking by early January. Had a great time though with a powder day beginning of May with only resort staff around for company.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
buzz, why just go to Lake Louise why not stay in Banff and ski Sunshine as well. Sunshine has a better snow record. IMO both places should be avoided until mid February on wards because of extreme cold. End of January was warmer last year due to a Chinook wind but the snow was excellent with lots of powder in early Feb last year at both places. If its powder and bowls you like take the powder express from Banff or Lake Louise to Kicking horse its got good vertical and lots of skiing from only 4 lifts definitely worth a trip for a day or 2.

Down side of staying in Banff is the bus to the slopes every day but it is efficient and very well managed. The up side is more choice in the evening for food, shops and bars. I like skiing Louise but would not base my self there.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
what's the ski pass cost like in that area?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
buzz55, here are the official websites for Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. I suspect you'll find most of the info you are after here.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I always recommend a night or 2 at the Sunshine Inn. The only ski in/ out hotel in the area.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy