Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - Your favourite resort in Austria in late Dec?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Would appreciate any advice, trying to book a group ski trip to Austria to one of the higher altitude resorts arriving last week in December. There are 16 of us, 4 beginners, 3 experts and the remainder would be intermediates.

Considering St Anton but not sure if this would be suitable at this time of year for the beginners as have read that the lower (beginner) slopes may not have snow at this time of year.

Solden is another option but again this may not suit the experts.

Just wondering if you have been to any Austrian resorts at this time of year which you could recommend?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try saalbach hinterglemm.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
happybunny, try Ischgl. Saalbach may be OK, but you might have to fall back on the glacier at Kaprun, which can get pretty crowded cos everyone else is falling back on that as well. Another possibility is one of the resorts in Zillertal, with the Hintertux glacier as fallback ( but that also gets crowded under those circumstances ).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Although I'm going to Obertauern 2nd December. I'll be skiing Obertauern as well as the other hills on the Lungau regional pass, Approx 300kms available, good mix of runs, all sensible altitude, free ski bus. Skiing to suit eveyone.

Ischgl and Galtur are great resort too although I prefer this area for late season snow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have only been to Soll, Zell am See and Saalbach.

I would try Saalbach and use Kapun as the fallback.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last week in December shouldn't be a problem in resorts such as Saalbach. Bit of a trek to the glacier at Kaprun - you might want to consider Kaprun itself or Zell am See which is linked on the same lift ticket. I've been in this area for the last 3 winters and there's been plenty of snow at the end of December.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was in Solden this January, one word AMAZING. Plenty of snow, superbly groomed WIDE tracks, its interesting to see the lights on snow cats crawling up and down the mountain at night.
No lines on any lifts (besides the first ones that take you up). The 7 days I was there, I haven't seen a single cloud. Plenty of stuff to do in the evening (bars, dance clubs, restaurants even a bunch of strip bars). I had a great time and I'm defenetly planning on going back there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
happybunny, St Anton is a superb resort, however it's not really suitable for beginners at any time of year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy