Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I almost daren't ask but....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Unfortunately I really know very little about womens specific skis and the roxy skis are just new this year. They are all rebranded existing dynastar skis. If your daughter is interested in skiing switch and doing a bit of terrain park skiing she may want to look at twin tips eg; missdemenor, dynastar sweet trouble/roxy snow angel. Head skis have a womens specific range which may be worth a look. I wonder how the b3 lady would compare to the missdemenor. easiski is pretty clued up all the womens specific skis though so her opinion is probably the one of most value.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't worry about the size of the 158cm B2W, it has a short contact length so feels very easy to ski.

I'd also ignore the B3 unless she really does want to ski off-piste, as IMO it feels pretty boring on-piste unless your 'giving it some'.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, Adam hired some B3's last winter, he really enjoyed them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Edmundh009, Thanks for the kind words, but I'm not sure if you're right. Basically I haven't found a ladies' ski I'd give house room to yet. I live in hope but ....... however, although roughly the same height and weight as junior Axe I probably ski faster and more agressively, also I daresay technically a fair bit better. It would seem that I put more pressure through a ski than I thought, and this is certainly what the ladies skis have shown me. I try them whenever I can, but would generally recommend all ladies to ski on "real" skis, just shorter!!!

However, it sounds as though the B3W would suit her, although that's not a ski I've tried before myself (would want the B3 normal, and all demo models are too long - bah!)

Helen Beaumont, Ah - but has he stopped leaning on the back of his boots yet?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, Try some of the Head * Thangs, maybe the Fast Thang or Hot Thang Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
easiski, Adam hired some B3's last winter, he really enjoyed them.

As did practically the entire world. Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Edmundh009, SMALLZOOKEEPER, easiski, Thanks again for the suggestions. Looks like the choice is down to two. B2W or Roxy Palm Beach Polka! (black with multi-coloured polka dots) Does anyone know which dynastar model the Roxy Polka is? That way we could possibly find one to demo or at least read up on.
latest report
 brian
brian
AxsMan, Dynastar Exclusive 10, I think.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian,

Thanks for that. Looking on the Dynastar site the Exclusive 10's do match the Roxy's in sidecut etc. I'll look for some Exclusive 10 reviews.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, On the nose son.
AxsMan, B3, B3, B3................................ Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I hear ya! (but she hates the colour!). Trying to find info on the Dynastars - any comments?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AxsMan, No comment. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AxsMan, Get her on here - whether she likes the colour or not is ridiculous!!!!! B3s are a pretty trendy colour (lurid green on white), same graphics as B2 ..... No excuse. Alternatively refuse to buy her any skis until she comes to her senses. Twisted Evil

this, of course, is exactly why so many ladies skis are rubbish and pretty in pink flowers - excuse me while I vomit! Shocked rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, You have obviously been looking at this years Head Wild Thang

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 29-08-06 13:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 brian
brian
easiski, well said, those Roxy polka dots are quite appealing though Laughing AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH !! (excuse me while I find bangs head against nearest wall smiley rolling eyes Mad wink ).

AxsMan, there's a womens' specific B3 in the states that's bright yellow. Exchange rate is favourable but shipping/duty might not be.
snow report
 brian
brian
kevinrhead, look at the state of these ...

..... pass the bucket ....
snow conditions
Just noticed that Ellis Brigham are doing a ski test day at Castlford a week on Saturday. Rossi and Dynastar will be there, and for £30 you get to ski for 3 hours, trying as many different skis as you like. Should be an opportunity for Miss Axs ti try out the B2's (and maybe B3's Smile) against the Dynastars.

Looks likt the roxys are virtually impossible to get hold of over here (can't find anywhere that will even give me a price). The US sites price them at around $600 with bindings which is somewhat more than the B2's. I know which one's I'd prefer (even at the same price) Very Happy
ski holidays
AxsMan, an observation from personal experience is that you should worry less about the ski weigtht and more about the binding weight. I bought some Scott Aztecs with some Look DIN 14 bindings and they "weigh a ton". Mrs PhillipStanton bought the same ski with a lightweight women's binding and, subjectively, they're half the weight. Objectively probably a kilo or two less.
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, Yes I had considered that, I reckon my Axium Binding weight at least a couple of kilos. It's difficult to get accurate data but I guess 'picking them up and feeling them' is probably a reasonable approach.
snow report
axium binding huh, I'd avoid those in the future, not because of their weight though. I have marker m12 ti and their pretty light weight as are salomon s912ti and rossi axial140ti. The all have one thing in common, Titanium. As far as I'm aware the axium has alot of plastic and little else. Though my experience is only limited to their lower end axium 100 and not the 300.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy