Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boarding in La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, this is my first post.

I'm looking at going to La Rosiere next season for a week. I've heard mixed reviews about boarding there. Is it any good for boarders? I'm beiginner/intermediate level.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jo and welcome to Snowheads!

i haven't got a clue about La Rosiere but someone on here will.

An ideal place for you as a beginner/intermediate would be Serre Chevalier. The pistes here are excellent and i truely believe they will help you progress quickly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
welcome Jo W, It's fine for boarders with very few flats. The two new lifts have made the evil old pomas mostly redundant but still beware when getting onto the drags if you don't like being lifted two feet in the air by your crotch. The transfer over to Italy is a long drag but not steep just boring, the run back needs to be taken at speed ... real speed, no checking or you will have a walk. It's now getting a bit busier than of old and the x-links between the main runs are quite narrow and run across the pistes so if you're a bit wary of narrow tracks you will feel uncomfortable. It's a fine resort and you can get some off-piste without going too far off the beaten track. It should suit you nicely. Getting over to La Thuile is a real bonus for boarders, it has a big bowl with great motorways of piste to really let your board run in huge sweeping carves . . bliss. You could look at La Thuile first with a visit over to La Ros for a day or two away
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, I'm not a boarder, and don't know the resort (so why did I look at this thread????). Reading your post though, words like
Quote:
real speed, no checking or you will have a walk
and
Quote:
if you're a bit wary of narrow tracks you will feel uncomfortable
don't seem entirely compatible with
Quote:
I'm beiginner/intermediate level

I'm just wondering whether you want to have another think about your advice of
Quote:
It should suit you nicely

Quote:
You could look at La Thuile first with a visit over to La Ros for a day or two away
sounds more like it to me, as a completely disinterested (sic) observer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GrahamN, I'm just describing the conditions there and intermediate is a broad brush. If you're there to learn and happy to stay within 50% of the La Ros itself it will be a great visit. People will have to make their own choices as to which lifts/runs they use and if you want to use the whole terrain in La Ros then you will have to become familiar with the narrow connecting trails and if you want to ski/board the whole domain then you've no choice but to take the two loooong drags up the pass and slide down the loooong run back to return . . . watching boarders walk a chunk of that is not unusual, especially when a 50kph wind is whipping up the pass (colder and sharper than my grandmother's tongue). I like La Ros, its charm and small friendly atmosphere make up for what might be considered small limitations in its ski infrastructure. there may well be better resorts for outright ski experience at this level, La Thuile for instance but they may not have that same feel, especially when a setting Sun is bringing you down to a cold beer and a hot bath wink

It is a fine resort, it's not the holy grail of all things to everyone but anyone visiting will have a good time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy