Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ATOMIC SKIS

Poster: A snowHead
This years refreshed atomic website is now available

http://www.atomicsnow.com/atomic.php?country=uk
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad i brought my atomics skis last season! not at all keen on the new look!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not too sure of their website its got a strange layout - almost retro.

Decals look a bit fussy on the skis.

And what about the quote from the Balanze range for women, quote:

"You’re a woman and the fact is you’re just built differently than men are. For example, you’ve got a brain.." Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm glad I bought my Atomics in the end of season sale at 60% off. They're unchanged for this year, apart from the graphics. I think I'll survive.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the_fatadder wrote:
Glad i brought my atomics skis last season! not at all keen on the new look!

I'm glad my Atomics are either 03/04 or 04/05 - better looking than current or last years wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon, take a look at the bindings on the mountaincross page. Interesting.

Nice colours on the Janak and Diran, but I can't tell where the Chugach and Rainier go?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, yes interesting, although I don't do uphill Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yet, my friend, yet. Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone notice the freeride skis have wood effect graphics, yet have never seen so much as and English Lawn! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The New Sx10 with B5, is now a much better ski at speed, likewise for the new B5 version of the Metron11.
The Metron 11 will suit those requiring the one ski that will do almost all conditions, but get it shorter than you would other narrower skis. I just spent the season using both skis depending on conditions of the piste, The SX10B5 is slightly better in larger moguls than the Metron 11B5, but that is it's only benefit, The new Metron 11 is noticeably better at speed on firm to icy snow as the B5 actually dampens the ski just the right amount.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
comprex wrote:
spyderjon, take a look at the bindings on the mountaincross page. Interesting.

Also good to see that the new downhill bindings are _very_ Salomon like Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stuarth, No surprise really, sources from within Amer told me that once they purchased Salomon, they would be making use of the binding expertise that came with the company, although the Neox bindings are good enough in their own right.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://db.algo.at/atomicpixup_neu/scts/main.algo?context=pixdownload&catid=0&step=8

I have always found this to be a good link when seeking information about Atomic.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
whitethorn, really? wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marc gledhill, Yes, and if you wait a few months you will see the 2008 product on that website, including the new Nomad series of skis, now they will be very popular in Europe.
snow report
whitethorn, sorry, I was trying to be funny.

Is that the right link?
latest report
marc gledhill, Works for me.
It doesn't give you any written information, that is on another site, but the pictures are very detail, and are released almost 2 years before the product.
If you download the highest Res pictures you can read the skis dimensions, such as radius and geometry.
It is a site restricted to dealers normally, but this part is available to the public if you know how to find it.
snow report
whitethorn, I can't access anything on that link.
snow report
spyderjon, type in a keyword like NEOX Izor or FFG, search on it, then when results appear click on the hotlinks above the picks to navigate.
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
whitethorn, I can't access anything on that link.

It must know you are not an Atomic dealer. wink

I can't understand that, i can click on it and get right to the Atomic dealers website.
ski holidays
comprex, got it now Embarassed
latest report
marc gledhill, So can you see what is on that link i posted now ?
snow report
whitethorn, yep. Thanks.
ski holidays
Atomic on their race skis...

"What are you doing here? No, really! Why are you even reading this? You can’t handle what this segment has to offer. These skis aren’t for the masses. People have got to work to get to this level. Oh, you’re still reading huh? Well maybe you do have what it takes after all. We’re talking all-out pure speed here, Formula 1 baby. Our skis haven’t written ten years of World Cup history on a few lucky runs, you know. It’s not a coincidence. This is the real deal and it gets no tougher. Welcome to the club"

An interesting take on segment marketing, IMHO
ski holidays
Hi all,
Just seeking some advice before buying new skis.
Spent two days on Turoa last week on 162 Metron B5 demo skis. Loved them on the hard packed snow and ice that Mt Ruapehu provides in abundance on Turoa.
Interested to know what the differences the 2008 Nomad range of Atomics will have compared to the Metron B5s, if any ?

The firm B5 works ^*(^& well on the hard packed surfaces downunder, but I cant seem to find any details on the Atomic pix site on the Nomads, and google comes up empty too.

Any comments ?
snow report
fredm8, Welcome to snowHeads.

I've no knowledge of the 08 Atomics & it's likely to be March 07 before anyone gets to demo them, & that'll probably be in the US. If you're buying now I would have there launch is too far off to affect your decision.
ski holidays
The new Metron 11 B5 is fantastic! skied it in Obertauern in Jan in mixed chest deep powder followed by a couple of days of boilerplate - a supersmooth ski that is a true all-rounder also worth a mention is the new SX12 supercross and the new GS ski. Was not to keen on the SX10 found it a bit lifeless thought the Izor 9.7 was a better punter ski than it.
New race graphics are better - some of the SX's are a bit odd.
Some of the Off Piste skis are excellent notably the £350 Slim daddy which is better than most of the other companies offerings under £480 IMO.Snoop daddy is superb in chest deep and the THUG is just plain sick................... 6 foot rooster tails out the back.........
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy