Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bulgaria ski resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi, im new to this forum, i have a question

me and a few friends are going to bulgaria to stay in my friend's dad's house which is farily close to some resorts. i was wondering if anyone has ever gone skiing/snowboarding in Bulgaria if so i would like some info
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Larns,

Welcome to snowheads snowHead

Your best bet is to use the Search facility which can be accessed from the User Facilities dropdown top left.

If you can't find what your after or need more info about a specific area then post back here.

Again, Welcome !
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
larns, I've been to Borovets in Bulgaria, there is a link to what i thought about it here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=360773
You could also take a look at http://www.bulgariaski.com/ for some more info.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bovoretes is the place i have in mind, it sounds alright, but i am a little concerned they dont maintain the piste very much? dont they have piste bashers? also, is there a snowpark?

i am taking 2 of my friends who have never been skiiing or snowboarding before, i will be teaching both of them to board, so as long as there are a few green runs it's cool, also what do you mean by seedy?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
larns, I think by seedy he means "there are frequently prostitutes looking for trade in hotel reception". They will piste the slopes - don't know about a snowpark tho'.

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
oh my, well i know one of my friends will be excited about that lol

i have another question, how safe is it to drive in bulgaria, i have heard there are armed mafia and also police fine you for no reason. i am a little scared about driving there
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
larns, Hoppo, Re the prostitutes, you are correct, they aren't exactly subtle about plying there trade, but at the same time they can be avoided without to much difficulty. Still not particually nice though.
There is not a park there of any kind, i don't think in that respect it is particually snowboard friendly, though there is a distinct lack of poma's which is a bonus for boarders i guess.
The piste maintainance issue is not to bad if there is plenty of snow, they have piste bashers and do use them, but when the snow is a bit sparce they don't seem to have the knowledge of other resprts to make the best use of it.
Driving wasn't something we did (went with a TO), but it didn't seem to bad, though it could be worth thinking of organising a bus transfer instead as if you're in borovets you won't need a car once you are there.
So i guess overall, if you can live with the nasty bits of the resort then it is dirt cheap and the on-piste skiing is ok for beginners and intermediates. Just don't expect huge amounts of runs and lots of off piste.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're young and want to party more than board or ski, apparently Borovets is the place. Bansko has the best variety of boarding/skiing reasonable nightlife, and Pamporovo is good although limited to experienced skiers/boarders, I've been to Pamporovo and Bansko, but I'm only going on what others have said about Borovets. Have fun anyway!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i have decided, were going to Bansko, based on other peoples feedback from this site and others. thank you stevec and everyone for the help. if i have anymore questions i know where to come.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
3 mates & I are off to Bansko mid January. We chose Bansko because of the completely modern lift system and the Burton snowpark which I have been reliably informed 'rocks'! Being Bulgaria, everything is pretty cheap there and the resort has had a lot of investment of late so should be decent. Looking forward to giving eastern european slopes a try!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hardyshrub

The park itself looks great but because its at the top of the mountain, it can often be howling gales and poor visibility up there, I hope you get good weather. I was in Bansko in March and they were constructing a huge half pipe at the top of the Gondola, and hopefully they'll do the same earlier in the season next year. Have fun!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Guys, I'm new to snowheads too.

Just thought i'd make a post defending old Borovets. I'm kinda new to this snowboarding malarky but after a visit to Borovets this February I'm hooked Smile

Larns, you'll love snowboarding in Bulgaria, It's cheap n cheerful and we found Borovets very friendly. People are correct in saying that it's kinda seedy but we went in a group of couples and found the rest of the nightlife pretty decent. As for the snowboarding the runs are pretty good, they probably suit beginners more but my best mate was intermediate and he had a lot of fun. We had a lack of snow for the first few days so it most of the runs were pretty icy (and it bloody hurt falling over!) but snow midweek sorted all that out. Other resorts will have better/well maintained runs but you get what you pay for I guess.
The Instructors were excellent (though I guess you wont need em as your teaching friends) and the equipment hire was basic but good. The hotel food is god awful but if you eat out around the resort it's pretty good. I really can't knock Borovets as it's got me hooked on snowboarding. This season we're off to Andorra to see what there is on offer but I'm sure Bansko could be an option for us in future too.

Have fun Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy