Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing by drag lift only in Val Thorens - how much is possible

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I havent read through this thread but I would suggest Austria - the older resorts have lots of drag lifts - we did Postalm and Gosau last January - loads of snow and very few chairlifts.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the info: problem is we can't leave home before about 7 because my husband is due to work a night shift the night before - and the 10am out of Waterloo which is the first 'safe' connection to make doesn't get to Paris till nearly 2pm. Could leave it later to book then see if he can get cover so we can leave earlier - if that makes sense - but by then Eurostar prices will probably be loads more - and my nerves won't take the uncertainty! So the taxi fare is well worth it I think.
Would be interested to know how late you can eat on a Sunday night in St Luc if anyone knows that
Thanks again
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Late starter, when I went to the Val d'Anniviers (the valley containing St Luc, Grimentz and Zinal) I got dumped at Sion airport 7 hrs late at about 11pm (long and irritating story), so had to get a taxi up to Grimentz. IIRC that cost about £80.

Have you thought about taking an overnight train, so getting into the area early in the morning? That may also open up places further east. I once went to Innsbruck by train (in summer). IIRC we got to the Tirol about 9am with an 11pm departure from Paris - but did get a bit disturbed by some substantial bumping around as the train was rebuilt in Basel station in the early hours.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GET A NEW MAN.

SKI LIFTS ARE NOT THAT HIGH!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telski, There's one in St.Foy that needs a bit of inner strength to use Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Late starter, check with Eurorail when they release PREM seats, these are very special prices on the TGV, they used to be released 60 days prior to the date of travel, but I believe they're now released 90 days prior. If you have the patience you can got to www.sncf.fr which will give all the deatils of trains and journeys on French railways, there is an English language version but you have to input likely train times and there isn't a lot of help on the site. Have you looked at going via Lille, I've travelled from Bourg St Maurice to London via Lyons and Lille very easily. If you can get to Lyon by about 6pm you can catch the last train to BSM at around 7pm, the journey takes about 3 and a bit hrs.

LInk edited (spelling mistake-mod)
Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't show him this vid then: http://www.break.com/index/skiliftfall.html ooouch! - kinda makes you take more care getting on lifts.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Buzz55 hopefully that is a VERY rare occurrence - hope the guy was OK.
David@traxvax, yes have plodded my way round scnf website many a time - but didn't know about PREM dates so that is really helpful, thanks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think you'd be better investing your money in some professional help for dealing with the chairlift issue as if he takes to skiing you'll end up being severely restricted in where you can go or taking up ski touring. I accept its just the way his brain is wired but perhaps seeing videos of the way lift evacuations are effected by ski patrol which is similar to rope access work, with which he must be familiar, would provide some comfort. Maybe even talking to ski patrollers who are climbers could help him.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy