Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulgaria.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ever been to any of the resorts in Bulgaria

Planning it in Feb
Have to say not very impressed with the pics on the net but 5 out of 6 of us want to go

Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dave_wick, Hi - there have been various threads on Bulgaria (try the search facility top left) but my own experience was Borovets. The infrastructure was pretty poor, very Eastern European (Balkans Embassy on Line 1 wink ) Our hotel was about ten mins walk from the lifts, and had the most dreadful food I have had anywhere, surly staff, prostiutes in the Reception Shocked It IS very cheap (or was - may have caught up a bit now) and as such we as a large group had some great apres. Those who had instruction DID learn to ski, but the classes were all 10-12 strong. We had a laugh and good fun, but the skiing wasn't great, the food was uniformly awful and aprt from when we WERE laughing and having fun (due to very cheap apres...) I found it all a bit depressing. We haver never been back! Sorry if this is all a bit negative, but you DID ask! Very Happy Someone may be along soon who had a different experience.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anniepen wrote:
surly staff, prostiutes in the Reception Shocked It IS very cheap (

If there had been Cheap, Surly Prostiutes then it sound sounds good to me Very Happy

Sorry, had a few cold ones from the fridge, friday night etc, couldn't resist Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you thought about Serbia?

Thats where im trying next January.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

I've been to pamporovo, I didn't fancy borovets, sounded like blackpool on ice to me ( no offence to blackpool! Embarassed ) Didn't really go into the resort in pamporovo as we stayed at chalets right beside the slopes. I liked it here and would recommend it, especially for beginners as it was so cheap to learn.

Last year we went to Slovenia which was even cheaper than bulgaria and much nicer IMO. Booked flights through easyjet and chalet independantly. This year were going to Slovakia, love skiing but can't afford to spend loads doing it and I like holidays that are a bit different anyway Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dave_wick, Without fail, all the clients I've had who've learnt to ski in Bulgaria have been dreadful. they've all been given straight skis, and the instruction had been sketchy to say the least. therefore, if you can all ski - fine, but if you've got beginners with you - don't. You don't save enough to pay for all the private tuition you're likely to need later!

Sorry to have to say this - I know good skiers who've hade a great time (mainly Pamporovo rather than Borovets). What about Slovenia? Much more infrastructure, skiing is their national sport, closer, better food by all accounts.

lynseyf, Good for you - be sure to give us detailed reports please - we love to hear about these less usual places. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy