Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

www.skigrenoble.com -

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I’m thinking of building a web site aimed at DIY ski holidays from the UK to Grenoble, (as that’s where I live and know the resorts.)
Ie all the local info needed to pop over for a weekend of longer, with minimum cost, and travel time.
So have a look at www.skigrenoble.com

I know it needs links to low cost fly easyjet …
And the Local bus tables
And add the resort descriptions.

I’ve tried to keep the layout as simple as possible, no bell/whistles…

I would appreciate your comments, good or bad and advice on what is missing or not needed

Cheers adrian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You missed out Alpe du Grand Serre!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Design overall I like

However:
-The tables for resort data are a bit odd - for the left hand column data names are on a blue background whilst the data is on a white background, whilst for the right hand column the opposite is true.
-contact, about and links links on the front page are currently broken
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, he seems to have added it now.

I agree with Hoppo about the tables (and clickthroughs), and I can't see the pictures.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Obviously not quite up and running yet but the basics look good. Bit more resort information might be nice - guess you could expand it to have piste maps and descriptions of all the places you feature rather than just the price of a lift pass. Also approx journey times from Grenoble would be useful and bus routes etc if they are applicable?

Let us know when it is all properly up and running - maybe we could exchange links? Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I prefer clickable links to open in a new window - but perhaps that's just me. I agree that the black-on-white and white-on-blue tables look a bit odd and I'm surprised to see Villard de Lans is at an altitude of "00 m" Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
p.s. welcome to snowHeads, malabar! snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PS Thanks for bothering to compile the site, malabar.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Am I the only one that finds the blurb about Les Deux Alpes a little off topic? Confused It reads:

Quote:

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.' I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

None the less, very nice malabar, good to see someone put in the effort on a site of that kind. I'd agree with Hoppo, a bit with the tables, but I can see the reason (kids v adults prices).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skisimon, Quotes Dr King on all pages I opened - I don't mind - it was a great and inspiring speech. Very Happy

malabar, Welcome to Snowheads. I liked the "look" of the site, and most of the criticisms seem to have been addressed.

I do think the journey time and bus routes (link to bus timetables?) would be important. I know, for instance that on a sat in winter there's a bus from an english flight that arrives 5 mins AFTER the last bus has left for LDA.... helpful to know that.

What sort of links are you looking for?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
malabar, I know it's over the Col du Lauteret, and into Hautes-Alpes region, but a lot of my UK guests used Grenoble last winter. I would gladly give you a reciprocal link on my website, if you added Serre Chevalier in, and gave me a mention. I have had a similar request recently from someone doing a Chambery airport info site. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is a website out there somewhere that lists resorts in order of distance from airports, can't remember what it is though Embarassed
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
<cough>

Would that be us? j2ski's Ski Resorts near Airports

Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
J2Dave wrote:
<cough>

Would that be us? j2ski's Ski Resorts near Airports

Cool

That's the one, I was even looking at it a couple of weeks ago and thought it would come in useful. Useful information when it's presented that way.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
J2Dave, that's rather nice - added it to the "Useful travel resources" in "Trips"...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy