Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming Slalom - January 30th

Poster: A snowHead
Dear Snowheads,

The above race is taking place during my stay in Schladming in January 2007 and of course it would be criminal not to go along.......... however, that's about as far as my knowledge of this type of thing stretches Embarassed

So, my questions are;

1) I guess you need a ticket Puzzled
2) Can I buy them in advance Puzzled
3) Is there a finite number of tickets available ie will they/are they likely to "sell out" Puzzled
4) How much are they likely to cost Puzzled
5) Will I need to get there early to guarantee actually seeing something Puzzled

Any information people have would be very gratefully received

Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timberwolf, Having been several times I can offer the following advice:-

Biggest slalom race of the year, expect upwards of 35000 spectators !! Unbelievable atmosphere,
As I have always been there whilst working, I'm not sure of the entrance fee but I would imagine that ticket prices will start from about 12/15 euros. You will need tickets but I'm not sure if you can buy in advance, google schladming and check out the website.
You will need to be there early to get any chance of a great view but it's well worth it, a not to be missed experience Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timberwolf, Br prepared for the staggering amount of NOISE the skiers make hitting the gates - you don't get any idea on TV. Don't forget to dress very warmly and take flask etc for hot drinks - you get very cold standing around at the end of January!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, the only hot drink I can think of at this stage is Gluwein, oh well, perhaps I won't bother trying to think of anything else Very Happy Thanks for the advice.

LARGEZOOKEEPER, thanks, but something i've always wanted to ask you is, are you a rather big zoo keeper or a regular sized keeper of a large zoo Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timberwolf, At the moment a slightly large keeper of a wildly diverse zoo, even containing the odd poisson Cool
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timberwolf, great race, i have been there twice, on a rather nice corporate ticket with Atomic skis, grand stand and a very nice meal, and as much free drink as we could drink....... oh and if one of there racers wins they come and sit with us on our table to sign autographs

there you go Benni Raiche having been on the podium in 2005
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, god bless corporate hospitality huh ?

Just remember "TIMBERWOLF IS YOUR FRIEND" is you get any more Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM is that Mike Klein in the middle with Jason from AMER in behind????
Can agree that the corporate hospitality,bevvy and golden tickets that atomic dish out are superb as well as the 4 days ski testing.
If you do decide to go timberwolf take a 6 inch thick 1 foot square bit of polystyrene to stand on it was -30 degrees there in 2006 a great night with a record breaking attendance of 43000 screaming drunk fans.Absolutely fantastic!!!
The polystyrene will stop your feet from freezing .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That pic is just TOO big CEM rolling eyes

I'll make some adjustments....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's better wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yoda, thankyou

gandalf, it is indeed, now would gandalf like to reveil his / her identity
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CEM, now that would be telling, but to give you a clue ; short , chubby and call a spade a spade after 19 yrs in this cottage industry called the UK ski trade. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gandalf, morning graeme Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM, Well called big man hows gags? keeping busy?
ski holidays
The link below has info on tickets
http://www.schladming-rohrmoos.com/winter/win-en_2525.html
Remember its a night race wear lots of layers
ski holidays
If you're in Schladming for the week of the race, it would be almost impossible not to go along or at least get involved in some way in pre and post race social exertions - the (usually fairly quiet) town goes crazy for the couple of days surrounding the race.

As everyone has said, dress warmly and with good footwear - if you're slopeside it can be hazardous!

You can buy tickets in advance but when I tried to do this a couple of years ago the website told me to go to the office and pay and collect them, but in reality, you just go to the office and buy new ones - it might be better now though.

I don't think tickets would sell out altogether, although some areas would be as from what I remember you can pay for grandstand or just general standing room - I doubt they would sell out of the latter.

Have fun - it's a great time to be in Schladders.
ski holidays
Deliaskis, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead
snow report
Hey thanks! Very Happy

Can't believe I didn't find this site earlier!
snow conditions
Deliaskis, whereabouts in Cheshire are you from?
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, East Cheshire, close to Macclesfield. I've already spotted a few 'Cestrians' on here, I didn't know we were such a snowy bunch!
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, that's the most direct 'approach' I've seen for a while wink wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy