Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italian Resorts from Milan/Bergamo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have picked up cheap flights to Bergamo for Feb. half term and are wondering where to go Puzzled

We are a mixed family group - adults and child on 2nd ski holiday, experienced intermediate adults who like to "tour" and mad, 16/17y.o. boarders with lots of experience looking for steeps, parks and off piste.

We want a reasonable (3*+) hotel, H.B. with good food and close to lifts/piste. As we ski first lift to last lift with very litttle break for lunch we don't manage apres ski - just a few beers and a post mortem on the day in the bar is fine by us. And if there is no discos for the kids - that's fine by me as kids will have to go to bed at a reasonable time Little Angel

We have been to Folgarida and enjoyed the skiing despite dreadful hotel food. Also had a couple of long w/e's in Fopollo which is great but limited for a full week.

Any suggestions welcome with, if known, transfer times by car.
Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Kaito, welcome to Snow Heads snowHead

Passo Tonale is about two hours drive from Bergamo on decent roads. We were there in early Feb with fantastic snow and enjoyed the skiing and pretty limited nightlife (we weren't bothered so the couple of lively bars, quiz night, bit of dancing was OK for us). I THINK Madonna Di Campiglio is reachable by ski bus and also THINK that is free on your lift pass - check first though Puzzled ) We stayed in the Hotel Orchidea - can highly recommend - lovely food, clean, warm, nicely appointed, family run. The daughter of the owners is a ski instructor in the resort. Hotel is about 6 mins flat walk to the lifts but there are ski lockers at the lift base. We ski so I'm not sure about how snowboarders would find it, although there were plenty about. The hotel and resort both have websites - I'll go away and try to find them for you snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kaito, http://www.hotelorchidea.net/ and Information Office Passo Tonale: Ph. 0364.903838 (sorry phone number only - couldn't spot the website address.

Just remembered that the skiing now links with Ponte di Legno which wasn't possible when I was there 3 years ago. This will increase the ski area and the ease of the link (from memory, you could ski there but had to bus back...). There is also skiing on both sides of the valley - hope this of some help snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kaito, welcome to snowHeads

I haven't done either of these but have been looking at options from Bergamo myself.

Aprica is a small resort but is quite close.

St Moritz (Switzerland) is about 2.5 hours away and is an option I am considering for the Christmas Hols.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kaito, the skiing in Passo Tonale is much more extensive than Foppolo but I think it could still be a bit limited for a week.

In Tonale we stayed at the hotel directly across from the lifts in middle of town which was quite nice with good food. Think it may have been called Sporthotel something. It also had a good spa......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anywhere in Val d'Aosta is reachable by Autostrada from Milan (though you're landing the other side of the city, if I remember where Bergamo is correctly) - you could even get a valley pass and ski several different resorts (esp. if you base yourself in Aosta itself which is reasonably central).

http://www.regione.vda.it/turismo/stations_e.asp
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sauze D'Oulx is only an hours drive/coach.

With a family I'd recommend one of the owner run hotels in the satellite resort of Jouvenceax. Much quieter than Sauze and with it's own lifts, shops, bars, food stops, etc. But only a five minute walk away from the town.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marc gledhill, you may be thinking about travelling from Turin Confused as Bergamo is 255km away.

(Or do you just drive very fast wink )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro,

Yes

and, er

Yes

Embarassed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
marc gledhill, actually though, because it is all motorway, viamichelin shows it as only being 2 1/4 hours from Bergamo so it is still very doable.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ray Zorro, damn. I can drop a bollock and still be right Cool
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Madaboutsnow wrote:
Kaito, Information Office Passo Tonale: Ph. 0364.903838 (sorry phone number only - couldn't spot the website address.

:

Here:

www.passotonale.it/ing/

snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy