Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bindings for volkl karma

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

New to this forum and need some advice please! Just bought some new Volkl Karma (05/06 version), got them super cheap but now need some bindings and unsure as what to go for and where to buy them! Anyone got any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nice, Welcome to snowHead
I know nothing about bindings etc but I am sure that somebody will come along soon with the information you need Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nice, welcome!

I'd recommend going for Rossignol Axial 120 or Look P12 (basically the same binding) - or ones from either range around that size
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
welcome to snowHead

Bindings are bindings at the end of the day, some people prefer specific clamps but IME it makes very little difference. Having said that 'certain' brands have got a bad reputation in 'certain' places.

The main opinion you might hear are regarding Look (often rebranded Rossignol) bindings as they *used* to make a binding that had a 'turntable' heel piece, which allows for a 3D release for the heel as well as the toe piece. This design is no longer available to the retail market (and actually isn't needed as modern AFD plates almost do the same job anyway). You can still get second hand units, they're very popular with the jibbers.

The one thing to think about is that you want your bindings DIN rating to be right for your DIN settting, you should always aim to be half way along the scale of the binding. So if you ski with your DIN at 8 you should choose a binding with a range of something like 4-12.

Oh yeah, make sure they match your skis... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tyroila Railflex are a good option, for the Karmas.
The set I just purchased came with Look.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Im with WTFH on this, have both rossi 120 and look P12 on skis, they're fab!!!!

A
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree with parlor. Bindings are bindings but I tend to stick with a binding/ ski partner ie salomon bindings for salomon skis. All the volkl or K2 skis I've owned I've always used marker bindings. On my Karmas I use Marker 1400 free comps and they are the business but as many people say, its down to personal choice.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've found a pair of Salomon S810's at a decent price - any thoughts on this binding for this ski?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nice, I have used the S810 in the past - it's OK. Because they have been replaced by the Z series this year, shops will be selling them off cheap.

Which variation of the S810 is it?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nice, What DIN setting do you ski on ? See parlor, 's advice above - the 810 may not quite be high enough....Having said that, bindings are pretty much similar (in use) these days.....so you won't go too far wrong.

When you have them mounted, get the shop to test the bindings for you wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I ski on 7/8 and these go up to 12 so think they should be OK.

Not sure which varation it is - need to check.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
try and get the ti version or an 812ti would be better
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nice wrote:
I ski on 7/8 and these go up to 12 so think they should be OK.

Not sure which varation it is - need to check.

810s only go to 10

812s go to 12

I think the hint is in the name Wink

Good bindings either way. Ti's are lighter and stronger.

Make sure someone shows you how to set the toe piece 'wings' they *sometimes* work their way loose.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks - just double checked and it is the 812's. Thanks for the tips. I think I might go for them as i've been shopping around for ages and the winter is coming...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
parlor wrote:

Make sure someone shows you how to set the toe piece 'wings' they *sometimes* work their way loose.

Indeed they do!! - so much so that my new skis have Rossi bindings. Saying that I really liked my Solly bindings - solid, nice and light, and stayed on when they should and fell off just before my legs did!! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
nice, You'll need to make sure the brakes that come with your bindings are wide enough to fit over your skis. It's not a big deal ('cos they screw on anyway)......
latest report
ski, not a big deal, but could be an extra £25-40...
latest report
I just got my Karmas today.

Bought them from Sport Conrad and since I wanted to be sure that I got a pair of wide break bindings and DIN 14 I went with the Rossignol Scratch Ti 140.

You really do need a pair of wide bindings.

Tex
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy