Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Twin tips for petite ladies

Poster: A snowHead
Hey there!
I am looking for a pair of twin tips for this upcoming season and I'm having a few issues because I am 5 feet tall and 110lbs. Most of the women's twin tips (ie. Armada ARW) seem as if they would be suited for average sized ladies. I've been considering going to a youth ski, like the Dynastar Sweet Trouble, but I don't know how well these would hold up. I've also looked at the Line Shadow in 152cm and the K2 missdemeanor. Any other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx, Lucy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
missplasticfantastic, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead Can't help you, I'm afraid, but there were some petite ladies forming a gang around here somewhere...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
missplasticfantastic, There's a thread on Bend Ze Knees about short people problems - to do with just this. I'l ask around. what length do you normally prefer - around 140? or do you ski longer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know a girl who is around your height and she skis rossignol Scratch Pros and I have seen here do 540's on em. They come in a 138, 148 and 158cm. Elan do the M02 rail in a 155 but I dont really know much about it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I see the Armada arw comes in a 151 which at your size should be fine. Alot of twins do vary quite a bit though in terms of flex I am guessing the Scratch pro will probably be the softest flex with the arw being the stiffest. I am basing this on previous experience with their male skis so I'd take this with a pinch of salt. snowHead I think your best option is to demo a couple of different pairs at the start of next season unless you spot any real bargains. It also is very much dependent on whether you want a ski for purely park or double up as an all/mountain ski.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Edmundh009, Surely that's the whole point of the other thread - we can't demo them because they're NOT AVAILABLE. rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah but perhaps she may be able to find a wider selection of womens specific skis in Canada Cool Well the girl I know who has the Scratch pros seems to like em alot and she can pull of some great tricks so I guess they must be ok I am not sure whether she uses a 148 or 158 though. I see you can get the Scratch pro in the US for $200.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Edmundh009, It's possible, but being as people are generally bigger on the NA continent than here, it seems unlikely. The thing is that just because a ski suits one person it may not suit others. Even at the same height/weight. She's only 5' which makes her around 150cms max. Tiny. Also she's under 8st.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, maybe Edmundh009's reaction here is precisely why the shorter lengths aren't available? Even when you spell it out in words of one syllable people still don't get it. It not's rocket science - you can't demo something that isn't there rolling eyes

(NOt getting at you in particular Edmundh009, just using you as an example!)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here's the other thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=17323&start=0
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So I guess you just have to wing it then and hope for the best. I understand that the womens skis aren't available for testing, so does one make their purchase decision based on the reviews of others. Surely this problem will become less and less of a problem in the future as there seems to be an explosiion in womens specific skis in the last two years or so. Its nice to see womens specific skis that simply aren't just toned down versions of their male counterparts. Does k2 lead the way in womens specific skis (recreational as opposed to race)? Also I noticed proctorjones.comhas roxy skis for sale, I understand this is a popular womens clothing brand but who makes their skis are they merely rebranded k2s,heads , salomons.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh never mind, Roxy skis are made by Dynastar http://www.roxy.com/snow/ski.aspx
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Edmundh009, the whole problem is that women's skis in general are total pieces of sh*t, with no resistance and no feel at all. If they were just detuned men's ski that would be fine, but they're specially constructed rubbish on the whole. Even the so-called "high performance" women's skis are not at all. We are all supposed to be wimpy shrinking violets who like barbie pink and flowers and never want to improve. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Your friendmissplasticfantastic, and some of the others of us are clearly not, and are getting majorly frustrated by it. Since the advent of the women's skis, although many normal skis are made in shorter lengths it's become impossible to find them and try them. Now, I ski reasonably well and am 165cms, so if I have a problem, what about a poor little 150cms??? And don't talk to me about ROXY (Brian knows why).

Sorry, major rant over!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What about these for the shorter person

http://www.ellis-brigham.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/700483||@cSkis%20-%20Junior@b|0|user||4|

Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey everyone! Thanks for your quick replies. I think I am still going to go around to as many ski shops as I can in the next little while and see what they all recommend. the armada ARW seems like a good choice, but I am still concerned that they may be a bit too stiff. The Dynastar Sweet Trouble seems to be the best fit so far. I fanyone can think of any other suggestions, please let me know! Thanks again, Lucy
snow report
Odin, they are junior skis, and are only helpful if you're very light as well as small. Some of the shorter lady Snowheads are not junior weight - no aspersions on them of course.

missplasticfantastic, I have heard that the ARW is very stiff, but haven't tried it yet. I will as soon as I can. It seems to be a major professional choice. With your weight you probably could use a junior version, so maybe you should also look at these. At any rate when you get or get to test some skis, we'd appreciate a report on them so other ladies of petite stature can benefit. BTW, how well do you ski? Are you seriously into the park stuff?
ski holidays
easiski,
Quote:

Odin, they are junior skis, and are only helpful if you're very light as well as small. Some of the shorter lady Snowheads are not junior weight - no aspersions on them of course.

I know, but couldn't help taking the P155 Twisted Evil
latest report
I've been skiing since I could walk, so I think that I'm a fairly proficient skier. I can ski everything, except I just don't ski moguls anymore because it hurts my knees. I've done a bit of the park stuff, but I'd like to get into it a bit more and have a bit more fun on the days where the snow conditions aren't ideal. I'll definitely let you know what I end up buying!
ski holidays
missplasticfantastic, I have a full range of sizes in MissDemeanor. Version 05/06 (cooler than 06/07). Can do you a good price. Little Angel
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Can you come to the Mondial? There are Snowhead ladies who'd like to try them in shorter than 159 which is what Jutta has. Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
easiski, Hmm come there with a car full of skis, or you come here and test all you like. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, They're already booked here! Come on - can't you get away for a couple of days? You could meet up with DM and Sophie, or you could come over midweek???? Little Angel Little Angel Cool snowHead
snow conditions
Go on SMALLZOOKEEPER, you know you want to really and we're very nice people in real life, there's a fish in it for you if you could.
snow report
Lucy,

The Dynastar Sweet Troubles up close look like a fantastic ski. A friend of mine transitioned from SnowBlades straight to ST's and loves them to bits. Well worth giving a bash in my mind. Also try the K2 MissDemeanor's too if you get chance, they also look a good ladies TwinTip.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, what would you charge for the K2's in a 154cm size ( I think that's the smallest that ski comes). I can get in from the US for 299US + shipping. If you can beat it, please e-mail me at missplasticfantastic@hotmail.com.
snow conditions
I'm with Jarvski - mainly because its my girlfriend that skis the Sweet Troubles and I bought them lol, seriously though, they are same construction as the Trouble Makers and hold really well, she lands hard and they are going well at the mo.

For info - Wendy skis Dynastar Sweet Troubles on a 140cm with Salomon S810 bindings

A
snow report
missplasticfantastic, Better go with the guys from the states. I can come close, but would rather put them in rental than lose money. Little Angel
ski holidays
missplasticfantastic, love your name
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RichA, Richer than who? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
RichA, Richer than who? Toofy Grin

than yow !!
ski holidays
Hey everyone;

So after some careful consideration and a lot of long discussions with the staff from a few of the skishops in my city, I have decided to go with the salomon thruster in a 151cm length. The ski is light and apparently very easy to manuever. The only problem I see with it is the foam core, but I am sure that with me being 110lbs, I probably won't wear it out in a season. So yeah, there you have it -- I'll let you guys know how they are after the first snowfall out here in Alberta, Canada...
ski holidays
Quote:

I have decided to go with the salomon thruster

Shocked Mind you with a monikor like missplasticfantastic, I should have known you'd be attracted to a ski with a name like salomon thruster wink
snow report
So after some careful consideration
Puzzled
salomon thruster Puzzled

foam core, Puzzled

These three sentences make no sense! Twisted Evil
latest report
 snack attack
snack attack
what about twin tips for very petite ladies Puzzled

im about 8cm long and 100g.
snow report
Snack Attack, I've just eaten an ice lolly another one and i'll have a pair of sticks for you. Cool
snow conditions
 snack attack
snack attack
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thanks i need to check my weight cause i think the scales in the bathroom are broken. im sure im only 50g
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy