Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2nd Milton Keynes Xscape trip, 7th August (+ September?)

Poster: A snowHead
snowball wrote:
Brace yourself,k, I've already had that experience! Shocked

no great mystery about the sex - I'm austin 7's sister - but that's a bit long to keep typing...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Kath and welcome to snowHeads!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi K - Your brother said you were looking for decent men in Nottingham (bet you were glad to have that broadcast on the internet Embarassed ).

Just wondering if you'd found any.........
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello sister of mine Smile

Glad you found the site and good to see you here....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Okay, two questions:

1) Will we need to book our sessions at the dome and how far in advance should we do it and what should we ask for?

2) What time should we aim to get there? I'll take my own boots but will hire some skis (mine are so long I doubt I'd get a turn in in the place) but Mrs skanky will be hiring the lot.

Can't wait. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
maggi,

Deb & I are going to MK on the 7th. Do you want a lift?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skanky, I assume it's the saturday night sessh? Ask for Phat night - 4 hours 7 till 11. For those that got the discount cards last time remember to bring them!

All hire is inculded in the price and no ques when we turned up at 6pm. Remember to grab a helmet if you want to do any of the rails, jumps etc
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dan, thanks. Should I book this week or next?

Rails, jumps....I fall over taking sneaky short-cuts between pistes. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon, Ooo, thanks, yes please. PM me about times, etc.

Off topic - Thanks for cheering me up. Just got back from Holiday from Hell Sad . ALL luggage stolen from car in Spain when we stopped for a meal/shopping on way from Malaga airport to villa in Salobrena. Found out, when we got back home, most of expensive stuff (ie cameras, DVD player, i pod, sports equipment etc, + money, wasn't covered, even though everything was locked in boot and car was broken into! Rest of day spent finding police station, waiting hours for interpreter, making statements etc.

Second day spent returning to airport to change car for one that had intact window and was not covered in broken glass, finding British Embassy (it had moved! the address we were given was now the French Embassy) to get a replacement passport for my son, who stupidly had left his in his rucksack in the car boot. Then, after paying 53 euros for emergency passport, the police rang to say that passport and "other items" had been found in Marbella! So, off we went. Drive round, eventually find police station, wait hours for interpreter, passport was his, other items - well, none of them were ours..... Another day wasted.

Third day - car broke down. Waited for mechanic. Couldn't do anything. Ride in tow truck (just one of us, not me, thank goodness) to Malaga airport to pick up yet another car! Yet another day wasted.

Last day, checked out of villa at 10.00am and, as flight was late evening, went to Aquapark in Torremolinas. Great day until son's girlfriend went on water chute where she managed to flip over, knocking herself out (briefly) and breaking her nose! Well, first aid, doctor, ambulance, hospital, X rays, tests etc. Finally, a certificate to fly was granted and we thankfully caught our (luckily delayed!) flight. Again, not sure whether insurance will pay up as again, reading the small print, we were supposed to use E111 and not go private unless "specifically authorised" by the insurance company. Of course we didn't know that as the "small print" - 20 pages! - was nicked with the luggage!

The good news was that we went to the Sierra Nevada ski resort (gondola and one chairlift open) and slid down some snow - in sandals Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi, Ouch! Shocked

Was the stuff not covered because it was in the car, or was it just not covered? Who's the insurance company - I'd like to avoid them, if they're going to hide that sort of stuff (I know they all do, but some of that's retty fundamental).

Hint: leave copy of insurance details with someone in Blighty and get them to fax it through in case of emergancy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skanky, It was a cheapie internet insurance. Apparently some things are "valuables" and you have to pay extra (now they tell you...). When the whole thing's sorted (different people say different things over the phone, and the small print seems to contradict itself in places Puzzled ), I will report back, naming and shaming if necessary Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi, good luck!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
maggi double ouch. Have a good time in MK - sounds like you could do with one!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi,

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I haven't told Deb so you can tell her on the journey.

We'll speak nearer the time.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maggi, You wont forget that holiday in a hurry, how many of us have read all the small print on these things?

Back onto the subject of MK. I spoke to somebody at Xscape today and they are starting to dismantle the half pipe next Monday.
snow report
Ok folks, how many are actually coming? And more urgently, how many want food overlooking the slope. Last time nobody wanted to go somewhere else during the session (too much time lost with ordering etc.) I know it sounds a bit ordinary in terms of choices but it looked good, and you only need to stop skiing for a few minutes to eat it (with boots on, watching the skiing.).

Please sign up on the other thread. We need 10 people minimum and to tell them how many by this Saturday.

Wear The Fox Hat, or someone, I just realised I'm not going to be in London at the time the food needs to be booked. (Phone the Parties section or go in, but they need to have the money a week ahead). Whoever does it is going to have to trust the people who say they want food to pay it back. Sorry, not a good system but this late I can't see what else to do. Very few people (too few) have put their names down. I'm afraid I've too busy to think about it over the last week and put a boot up backsides.

The only alternatives are eating about 5.00 or 5.30, or very late, at ASK, or anywhere else still open at Xscape (The ASK was still open when 4 of us went at nearly 10.30 last time, missing the last bit of skiing.)

Last time we could have got in without booking but it's safer if we book. Even the day before would be OK.

It is www.xscape.co.uk , though they have made Phat Night as hard to find as they can:
After clicking Book Now, Instead of looking under Recreational Search look under Activity Search. Then under Dicipline click "ski session" or "board session" and then under Activity you will find Phat Night, which is what you want. (Phew!)

Phat Night is a special offer, £35 for 4 hours, 7.00 - 11.00 (Rather than £30 for 2 hours). Skis and boots included.

For those who haven't been or didn't find it last time there is a bar. It is up the spiral stairs at the far end of the food and soft drink area overlooking the slope.

Also could someone make some sort of badge or sticker for everyone so we can easily tell who are snowheads. We could have done with that last time.

The person will need to tell everyone else how to recognise them to claim one.

6.00 seems a bit early for meeting. Last time I said 6.15 and most people arrived about 6.45 or later! The slope gets groomed 6.30 - 7.00.

Well, sorry I can't be with you this time. Have a good time!
ski holidays
alexpresland wrote:
I'm now on call the weekend of the 25th September. I'll try and swap it and let you know.

Swapped my duty... I'm coming to play (and dragging as many of the Southampton lot as I can persuade) on my Birthday Skiing Trip (birthday is earlier that week!).

Anyone else for some skiing on the 25th September. I guess we should probably start another thread... watch this space.
latest report
Booked! snowHead
snow conditions
spyderjon, Got your PM, thanks. Been trying to send reply all day but can't. Something to do with a bug in file Ubrain or something, it says Puzzled . Anyway, everythings OK. Will send you it, complete with my phone no. etc when it works again (tonight?, tomorrow?)
ski holidays
maggi, at least two others have noticed that problem - it is actually sending the PM, but it gives an error message, basically cause it isn't sending the notification email out. So, if you've sent the reply 10 times, and got 10 errors, then Jon will have got 10 PMs from you.
I found this out by accident, although initially I thought the person mailing me may have been drinking over lunch, and just hit the reply button too often...
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat,

It was only 7 PM's actually. And I thought you were in IT Smile
latest report
spyderjon, I am, for the time being (i.e. until I can get a real job)
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Thanks for telling me that. Poor Jon would probably have refused to take the nutter who was filling his in-box with identical e-mails for no apparent reason rolling eyes

Sorry Jon Embarassed
latest report
Right, the missus is going to have to drop out of the trip on Saturday Sad
This means that I'll be getting public transport to/from the snowdome. The absolutely latest train that I can get is 10:14. Unless anyone's driving past Hertford, Stevenage, London, and I cans crounge a lift Little Angel

Either way, I'll still be there. snowHead
snow report
Not much gone on on this thread since I left.
Did it happen?
Did anyone turn up?
ski holidays
Quote:

Did it happen?
Did anyone turn up?

Snowball, Yes it did happen, but the turnout was fairly small Sad - myself, Fox, Spyderjon and Debs, Maggi, Skanky and Skanky's better half (Kath). We all had an enjoyable meal at ASK afterwards.
Got back home just before 1am.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 8-08-04 16:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
We had a great evening but apart from the Skankies & Fox where were all you southern snowHeads?
snow report
No photos this time ???
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I only took one or two, and haven't uploaded them yet.
Maybe later, but I'm currently enjoying a Van Loveren 2004 Sauvignon Blanc, which is a very inexpensive, yet exquisitly flavoured wine...
snow report
Fox, I've just been sampling an Italian Merlot (from the Dolomiti Region) - Asda special offer £2.49!. Whilst not quite "exquisitely flavoured" it was a more than satisfactory accompaniment to my lunchtime Lasagne and salad. Smile
PS. Let me know if the CD plays OK.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, actually, so far I can only get the first bit to play - up to what I'm guessing is a helicopter taking off. Trying again on another PC
latest report
Fox, I split the programme over two files (in the directory MPEGAV there are files called AVSEQ01.dat and AVSEQ02.dat). On Windows Media Player v.9 if you click on the "now playing" button in the top rh corner and then select "unknown VideoCD" the first track should play. Clicking the next button on the control panel should then select the second track. On my DVD player the second half follows on automatically.
latest report
Hello all. Had a great evening. It was good to slide again, but I see what's meant by a "methadone slope". The meal afterwards was very good and it was just a shame that we had to make it a quickie ( Shocked ). Next time, we should make it an early afternoon meet, methinks.

I forgot my camera, so no pictures from me. Sad

It was good to meet those who did turn up and put a few faces to names. snowHead
snow report
Alastair Pink, Got it working by making a copy of the disk first of all...
ski holidays
Not tried it yet, will let you know when we do.
snow report
Sorry guys....didn't make it. Feeling a bit rough Sat afternoon and couldn't face the long drive there and back on my own!! Hope you had a good time, I'll try and get to the next one!
snow conditions
Alastair Pink,

My CD works fine. I particularly liked the scene when the blonde with the whip, oh sorry, wrong CD! Wink

We watched it yesterday, absolutely hilarious! And the length of some of those skis!

I reckon that every ski class group has a 'Kevin'.
snow conditions
Great to see you all that made it! What happened to the rest of you who were coming??? Did you get better offers rolling eyes

Alastair Pink, Thanks for the CD. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my (cheap!) CD player, comes up with "incorrect format" but will work on my PC. Unfortunately, (oops, repetition!), I have no sound on it at the moment (long story) but when other half gets round to fixing whatever needs to be fixed, (he's already got the bit, just needs to install it) I'll watch it. Otherwise, will try son's CD player which, I imagine, from what he paid for it, will play anything Little Angel
ski holidays
spyderjon, (and Deb), Yes, I did end up going to the seaside (Mablethorpe) on Sunday. Walked miles, eat fish and chips, swam in sea (warm but very wavey, should have had a body board), played crazy golf etc. And yes, there are still donkeys there. (No, I didn't go on one...)
ski holidays
maggi, it'll only play on a computer CD player.

spyderjon, this guy called "Kevin", we are never told his surname. I wonder, could it be... snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy